Edited by Kym Huynh
Lost City Lanes is the newest game on Neopets and you can very easily get 3,000 neopoints a day playing.
To play you hold down your mouse button on the ball and slide it forward (or up). The faster you slide up, the faster the ball goes. You can then control the ball as it rolls down the lane by moving your mouse left and right.
The easiest way to get a strike every time is to hit just to the left of the head pin (the pin at the very centre front) on an angle.
You can also hit just to the right of the head pin (just mirror the image). Just like in real life bowling if you hit the head pin straight on then you get a split (where there are two or more pins that more than a ball width apart). If you do get a split just try to hit one of the balls because it is almost impossible to get the correct spin on the ball to hit one pin into the other.
There are also power ups available. In order to get the power up you must hit it with the ball as it rolls down the lane. The power ups are as follows:
- Green Diamond – Automatically adds 10 points to your score.
- Lock – Blocks the gutters (like bumper bowling).
- Red Spiked Ball – Adds 10 points to your score and changes the next ball you get to one that will break crates in the lane.
- Scrolling Green Arrows – Speeds your ball up.
- Scrolling Red Arrows – Slows your ball down. (Ive found that it can also stop it or reverse the direction of the ball depending on how fast you are going when you hit it.)
- Red Flag – Blows a gust of wind and knocks down all remaining pins.
- Red Arrow Circling Into a Green Arrow – Changes the direction of the scrolling arrows for the rest of the game.
- Bomb – Explodes when hit and breaks any nearby crates in the lane.
Previously in this game, if you got 500 points (easily done in 20 frames) then you got 1,000 neopoints since the game point to neopoint ratio was 1:2. This ratio has since changed but the more frames you bowl the more obstacles you come across and the harder it gets, so good luck! – LaidisAzure