>The game may seem kind of pointless and cute, but it can quickly get gruesome if you’re not paying attention. Since there’s no real strategy outside of having to keep track of flying brown objects, I’ve found several methods work for achieving a respectable score:
1. Turn off any kind of outside noise, such as listening to music or the TV. Turning off your speakers might help too, if the noise from the game itself becomes distracting.
2. It sometimes helps to count potatoes using your mouse pointer. Pay attention, and don’t focus on any new spuds that may appear for too long. Some like to clip the screen and vanish quickly, so try to keep some distance from the monitor and relax your eyes in order to focus on the whole playing field. Don’t worry about blurry vision, since you’re only counting spinning brown things.
3. Count the potatoes verbally, or out loud. This might seem like a flashback to Kindergarten, but it really helps, and it’s better than trying to keep a mental figure in your head.
4. Enter the number of potatoes carefully when prompted, and always double check.
5. Watch out for potatoes that “stack” on each other, and might appear as one. Ignore the other flying veggies.
Follow these tips, practice, and soon you’ll be a potato counting champ! – berrichipmunk