Welcome to NeoDex! Just wanted to tell you that when uploading an image make sure to state its url address (without the http://) in the description. We look forward to more contributions from you :) --Dizzy 01:16, 7 Aug 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the info and the welcome. I'll be sure to do that in future. Do you want me to add that to the other images I added? Also, the Dice-a-Roo image is a single image compiled of six others... but the single image is not on Neopets. Should I state the URLs for each of the individual images? --Cath
- Yes, please add the url for your other images. As for the Dice-a-roo, you can simply mention that you created this image and the individual pictures came from the neopets.com server. As long as you provide the source of the image, everything's fine. --Dizzy 04:25, 7 Aug 2007 (UTC)
- You can include the individual sources, yeah. Compilation images like that or Image:Pyramids trophies.png are fine where appropriate :Â¬). --Macbeth 17:18, 16 Aug 2007 (UTC)
Petpet Colour Release Dates
If anyone is interested, I have several years worth on a google document I created. I've made it through June 2005 and I'll be continuing with it over time. I have a lot that isn't here but I didn't want to add it until I had all the colours for a specific petpet, so I wouldn't be constantly editing pages. Do with it what you will: http://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=pdQ_09Wa_SlsosCc58J8SHw&hl=en -Cath 19:22, 19 Sep 2007 (UTC)
- Oh well done! --Macbeth 21:27, 20 Sep 2007 (UTC)
- All colour information contained in this spreadsheet has been entered into the Neodex! --Emeraldosprey
And you have what against me correcting the typos? ~Mr.Wha...?
- I have nothing against you correcting typos on actual NeoDex pages. It's extremely helpful but it is a waste of time to edit the talk pages and it is best that the talk pages remain unedited other than for markup reasons like my moving your question into a new section. Also, if you were to go through and edit for typos every talk page in the Neodex, there would be no edits other than that, which is silly. Please, if you want to be helpful, edit real pages. There are hundreds of pages that need construction work done as well as hundreds of stub pages that need work. There are also plenty of pages that need articles that are written in a more professional or Wikipedia-style manner. Please take a few minutes to look over the Help page to get a better idea of proper Wiki coding as well. Thanks for wanting to help out! --Cath 21:00, 22 Jul 2008 (CDT)
I was only emulating the style of â€œMacbethâ€ by adding empty categories to the various pages. In fact, it was his Neocola stub with the (previously) empty â€œvarietiesâ€ category that inspired me to make my first contribution. I believe that a category with no informative text, while it may look a tad unprofessional to some, can motivate those who have useful information lurking about their brains, to add their knowledge to the pot â€¦ Though, if itâ€™s against protocols to follow the examples left by senior members, I shall immediately stop. --Cybridsovereign 02:57, 24 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- I don't have issues with empty categories, only when creating the empty category is the only thing you do on the page. The page you reference was greatly enhanced (rewritten/ links added, etc.) when that section was created (and left blank). Do you understand the difference? If you create an entirely new page but don't have all the info for it but have an idea of what sort of sections should exist but don't have the time or information to fill them in completely, that's perfectly understandable. If all you do is open up an already created article and add a section and "(to be added)" or "coming soon" and nothing else, that's a bit of a waste in my opinion.
- I have no interest in discouraging you or anyone else from helping on this project. There's no way that we could do it on our own and all the help we get is greatly appreciated. Right now I feel a bit distressed because I see that there's so much that could be done and so few people actually doing it. If you see something you want to edit or you feel could be added to, please, do... making a list of jellies using the framework created by the omelette page you praised and one of the item databases should take no more than 10-20 minutes. That sort of addition will be much appreciated by me, as well as other editors, I'm sure. --Cath 03:42, 24 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Well, if I can't use the style most comfortable for me, then perhaps I should not contribute to this site. Unlike certain overzealous members here, I have limited time; I have school, a full-time job, volunteer work, and an active life away from the internet. I can't always get to everything I intend to, which is why I appreciate the idea of an empty category â€¦ If what gives me incentive is pointless to you, then I apologize for wasting your time.
- Perhaps someday in the future, I can find a way to contribute my six years worth of Neopets knowledge without failing to uphold your standards.
- This is, you may have noticed, a form of Encyclopedia. Due to that, there are certain standards of appearance that should be similar in all articles to add to the cohesion of the encyclopedia as a whole. This is why articles must be in third person, why we have templates for games and battledome characters, and why most, if not all lists look nearly identical. You claimed that you want to follow the protocols of the NeoDex but now refuse to because you want to do it your way. I will tell you now that I don't have the style for the lists memorized... I just grab a list from another page and change the content of it. It's easy and takes less than a minute. Throwing your "life" in our faces is a bit arrogant, as well... We all have lives. We have things we need to do and little time to be here, which is why having stuff done properly is so important... if someone does it wrong, someone else has to come around and fix it.
- If time is your issue, use what you have to compile the information/coding in a document that you work on a little at a time and, when complete, you can copy into the NeoDex. That's what I'm doing with petpet Colour release dates. I compile them in a google doc which is open for view to any user of the NeoDex, and, as sections get completed, I add them in. I've been working on it for over a year and it's still not done but that doesn't bother me, I know that it will get there eventually. --Cath 16:48, 24 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Don't call me arrogant, and don't confuse my message, m'kay? :) I find your feedback to be too personal, and therefore will not heed it. So, in the future, a more objective approach might suit you better for the position of authority that you place yourself in. :) --Cybridsovereign
- (And don't worry, this will be my last message, so you can clean up your page when you read this. No need for clutter.)
I feel the need to respond to these accusations as I feel them to be unfair. I'm not sure how these comments I've made are "personal". I don't know you, have no vendetta against you, and you are the one who posted here first, so you sought out this conversation. Everything I wrote was full of suggestions to make your work here easier. If you chose to take it in a poor light, that's not something I'm at fault for. This format of communication leaves much open to interpretation. Every time I have said something to contradict your assertions or your practices, I have supplied you with a suggestion for what would be more appropriate or an option that would give you the chance to do things your way and in your own time. These comments could only be considered "personal" in as much as they respond to an issue that you have brought up.
Waiving over my head your extremely busy lifestyle (including volunteer work) and your six years as a member of Neopets is arrogant. You're trying to make yourself sound better and more devoted to stuff away from the NeoDex at the same time you admit to having vast experience on a virtual pet site, which I'm amazed you have time for, with school, full time work, and volunteering... In case you're curious, I'm a full time student, I have a house I have to help run, a garden to tend, a choir to sing in, and a state-wide (Texas) conference to plan and I've been on Neopets for almost 8 years. But I didn't shove that in your face in my last post. I tried to address the issues you have regarding your limited time for the NeoDex and your unwillingness (due to discomfort) to follow the NeoDex's Encyclopedic Standards by giving you suggestions I had hoped would help you. Which, apparently you have decided to ignore or discredit.
Finally, I have no intention of deleting this conversation. Talk pages don't get deleted because they often cover issues that others might have questions about. --Cath 21:00, 24 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- And I think all that was needed to be said has been said. Let's all head to the juice bar to relax now. :) --Jacob 23:14, 24 Jul 2008 (CDT)
U B admin now
For your continued efforts and dedication, and because I think it will help you out with other editing tools, I hereby dub thee and admin of the NeoDex. Yay. You can now receive free coffee from the admin drink dispenser. :P --Jacob 23:14, 24 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Thank you Jacob. :) *runs for drink dispenser* --Cath 01:02, 25 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Ahhhh... so that's what that button does. Is there something that explains them all so I don't do something I shouldn't? --Cath 01:13, 25 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Yay! You have joined our army! *highfives*--Demon 17:43, 27 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks Demon *highfives* Thanks, Jacob, that's a very useful guide. --Cath 19:54, 27 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- Welcome to the ranks :D --Dizzy 14:02, 29 Jul 2008 (CDT)
- I'm sorry for reappearing ever so briefly, but since when did we get free coffee?
- Oh, and congrats. =)--Macbeth 19:29, 4 Aug 2008 (CDT)
Access to Secret Staff Forum Granted
Hello :) As a staff member at PPT, you have now been granted access to the top secret staff board at PPT for you to meet all the other staff members, and to partake in any site discussion that goes there. We also hold optional weekly meetings online if you wish to attend and find help for any PPT-related projects that you may be on.
All PPT staff now has access, and we need some NeoDex representation there, so head to http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/ - register an account and email me firstname.lastname@example.org your username there so I can grant you access. Hope to see you there. --Kym 06:54, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
I need a replacement...or something
I'm finally making it officially and stating that I won't be here for awhile, and will need someone to take the lead...or something. Go to the talk page of the community portal to see what I'm talking about. --Jacob 08:20, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Yo there, Cath, welcome back :). --Macbeth 17:53, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks so much for reverting the vandalism, I know it can be a real pain in the neck to do that. --Dizzy 15:32, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- I hope I got it all. Is there any way to limit moving of pages? I'm not sure what's possible within the wiki system, but is there an additional echelon of users we can add that is non-mod/sys-op but have the power to do redirects they get from showing that they're not vandals. That way basic people who create accounts can't do them? Oh, if someone could double check that I got all of the pages and the talk pages moved back, that would be great... should we even bother deleting all of the pages he created that are now redirects? -Cath 16:16, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- I'll re-check to see if all attacks have been reverted. There was previous discussion about the redirecting here and you can repost these questions there: NeoDex_talk:Community_Portal#Move_restriction. The measures put in place are obviously flawed if this same user managed to by-pass them. As for deleting the spammy redirect pages, the Special:Listredirects would be a total nightmare otherwise and I feel would just denegrate the quality of the NeoDex. --Dizzy 16:34, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Still a lot of redirects left to delete...it would certainly help if there were more sysops on the site. I'm looking for a way to request for becoming an admin. --Pinkgirl 16:49, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Me too. Destiny 16:54, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Can't let the vandals win, now can we ;) I'll delete the other redirects shortly (trying to multi-task here hehe). --Dizzy 16:55, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- User Dbbradford and Dbbradford1 edits come from IP 22.214.171.124. Searching Dbbradford also yielded IP 126.96.36.199 (only edits were made on September 30, 2009 when the user page and a non-Neopets but still music related article was created and subsequently deleted). Musket88 hasn't edited since June 10, 2009 and no IP address comes up in the search. --Dizzy 04:07, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Ah, I had forgotten checkuser was implemented only recently. Well, I think that's still enough to assume they are all the same user. Do we have a rule against multiaccounting?--Demon 12:39, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
Multiple accounts/sock puppets should not be allowed period. The majority of wiki rulings here follow the consensus of main Wikipedia rulings. the "in a nutshell" section at the top. That alone should explain it's position. So we don't have full writings on everything related to wiki here? What does it say on Wikipedia? Apply that knowledge here to fit. How I think it would work at least. :S --Jacob 14:25, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
Hey, I just remembered to let you know that we now have a little tongue-in-cheek staff listing at NeoDex:Staff. If you want to change your description or the ppt icon you can go right ahead =). --Macbeth 04:55, 10 August 2011 (CDT)
- HA HA... funny. Who came up with the descriptions? I think I'd feel odd if I changed my icon since everyone else has the PPT icon. I don't like to stand out. -Cath 14:57, 10 August 2011 (CDT)
Sorry for any trouble I caused with my edit on the Neoboards article. It was not my intention to be malicious by updating the icon images. I apologize for having not thought about doing what you did, with showing both the old and new icons. -188.8.131.52 08:15, 2 December 2011 (CST)
- Don't worry about it :D If I'd thought you were being malicious, I'd have blocked your account :) Thanks for wanting to help out, we're always happy to have people who want to do so. All I ask is that you be conscious of what you're doing! Thanks a ton! Oh, and if you're going to be staying for a bit, consider sending an email to email@example.com with your preferred User Name and our Glorious Leader will make you an account and all that fun stuff. -Cath 09:25, 3 December 2011 (CST)