Hi! I'm not sure if you have access to the Wiki's interworkings, but if you do, could you possibly check this out? I couldn't understand your talk page redirected to the SFC page, so I removed it. --Puma 06:42, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi again! As you can see, I recently uploaded several old-board images to the site in order to display them on the Neoboards article at 60x60 (The original images with 80x80). However, I tested it out and the 80x80 images look just fine along the 60x60 images, so I decided I'll go back on my previous plans and directly link to the onsite images instead. If you will, please delete them. I've put them into 'Category:Delete' for your convenience (It's will with oodles of other stuff if you will, too). Thank-you! --Puma 04:38, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Taking down the Wiki for a bit... --Blue (talk) 02:22, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Back up. The old version was (successfully) using ReCaptcha but unfortunately, that was depreciated and no longer viable in 1.22. For now, I set up the QuestyCaptcha. --Blue (talk) 02:49, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- All good. Did you set it to just external links, or unregistered users all together? The second option is much for feasible, considering that it would eliminate all spam articles and allow registered users to edit. Regardless, testing it out by posting this message while no logged-in. --18.104.22.168 02:53, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Apparently it's not confined to un registered edits. Now trying links: http://www.neopets.com (And upon saving - it works!) If you'd like, I can help gather spam articles by placing them in Category:Delete. --22.214.171.124 02:55, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
I didn't see any specific settings for it. However, logged in as me, I can post external links without any problem. Trying to edit a page while not logged in prompted a Captcha. --Blue (talk) 02:59, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
And, yes, please gather the spam articles and put them in Category:Delete. I'll wipe them out when you're done. Thanks much for doing that! ~ Blue (talk) 03:01, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Just so you know, deleting the delete category kind of defeats the purpose =P You should delete the articles files within it, not the category itself. --Puma (talk) 03:12, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
LOL. Bear with me. Before a couple days ago, I knew zero about mediaWiki. So... follow each article, then delete them from there? Heh. how 'bout that? ~ Blue (talk) 03:17, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- That's alright! I wish there was a place you could mass-assign articles to be deleted. Might I ask, how did you become an admin here if you didn't know much about MediaWiki just days before? --Puma (talk) 03:30, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
You may certainly ask. Really, my "zero" comment above is a little bit of an understatement. But only a little :) I am the admin for the pinkpt forums, and more recently became the web admin for pinkpt overall while helping fix the major crash late in 2013. For what its worth, the problems with the NeoDex are what lead to the crash/loss of forum data :(
Anyway, Crimsonfox was poking around the forums while the 'Dex was down. When we (Kym, me and the hosting tech support team) got everything back up and running, Crimsonfox asked if I could add the ParserFunctions extension to the Wiki. I figured, "Why not?" So, I figured out how to give myself admin rights on the NeoDex, how to add the extension, and then added it. Then I went more or less dormant, except for adding a few pages here and there (like the SFC - which you fixed for me). Then you came along and asked for another extension or two. That then led to the upgrade... and here we are! ~ Blue (talk) 03:42, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Out of curiosity - why don't you have a page for yourself?
- Hmm, is Kym still around? --Puma 03:53, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
He's very busy with his multiple ventures. He's pretty much left me to tend to things pinkpt, but I had been mostly sticking to forum stuff until very recently. I track Kym down as needed. It helps to have the secret decoder ring and a Shoyru Signal. ~ Blue (talk) 05:20, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, nothing to say on a page about me yet. I've managed several other wikis over time, but eventually quick and ended up here later. Lot's of things around here were outdated or just not "wiki" enough, so I came to fix them. (I know you didn't ask, but why not) --Puma (talk) 03:53, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
I'm glad you offered. I could pry more, but was hoping you would put something on a Puma Page.
I am very happy that you're here updating and fixing things. Thank you very much for your work! If you need/want any extensions, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do. FWIW, The php files behind the wiki are not terribly foreign as opposed to the php files behind the phpBB forums. Migrating over to the Wiki things wasn't terribly difficult. Wiki page editing/formatting is a different story. Completely different from bbcode. ~ Blue (talk) 05:20, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Request for contact
Hi again Blue! (I'm the only person thus far to have posted on your talk page =P) Is there an email I may contact you with? I have something very important to discuss, so please let me know how I may do so as soon as possible. To elaborate, I've gotten Ian of TDN, Sunnyneo and Jellyneo fully behind this plan, but it all depends on co-operation and who we can get in touch with accordingly. Hope to hear from you soon. --Puma (talk) 18:26, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- You can email me with my user name here (at) pinkpt dot com ~ Blue (talk) 00:46, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- I'll look into it ;) ~ Blue (talk) 00:46, 7 February 2014 (UTC) <-- This comment is subject to change...
- All sent! I realize it's about the length of a short novel all combined... Sorry about that. This is very serious business, and we've already done tons of work on it. As you can tell, we've also gotten plenty of other people and groups to back us up, so please consider everything and let us know, we were unable to contact Kym about such a thing. (And thanks for installing the plugin! It's wonderful!) --Puma (talk) 21:19, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
I received your emails and will read them more thoroughly later, after work (real job) instead of skimming through them on my phone. Based on what I've gathered, the decision is Kym's, not mine. That said, I have a few questions/concerns that I'll address with you via email soon before approaching him.
You're welcome for the addition of the extension. When I was experimenting with it on my talk page immediately after installation, I noticed that you cannot nest the choose tag. Nesting it would be very cool (and powerful). ~ Blue (talk) 00:38, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
P.S. Your sandbox did not appear to utilize RandomSelection. I took the liberty of adding it (along the lines of one email tidbit). ~ Blue (talk) 00:38, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- Replied, answered your questions & comments. It appears you used a separate email for your reply, so it may have gone to junk again (Or you've utilized an alias). Either way, patiently waiting to hear back from you and what the other staff think. Hoping we can establish a more suitable form of contact via IM like I mentioned. --Puma (talk) 22:13, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
The email listed above forwards to the one from which I replied. However, the second always puts your email into junk, even after whitelisting you. Use the email address listed above, and the replies will likely come from same going forward. IM is not a good option for me, as my available time is unpredictable. Patience will be a virtue here. Response times from others will be a major factor. Based on their responses, I will likely have more questions. ~ Blue (talk) 14:07, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
Still waiting for several responses... ~ Blue (talk) 23:19, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
- On a related note, I've also been working on a new layout for the site (Basic MediaWiki is boring anyhow), so I'd like to show that to you later on. Any other updates regarding the latest happenings (If any) would be lovely! --Puma (talk) 01:52, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
Howdy, Puma. Still sorting and there is some progress. I have received a response from a key individual, and am in discussion with that individual before approaching the Mighty Shoyru Lover. I know the timing is slower than you'd like, but this individual has been traveling/working many many hours and this is low priority for them. I have a similar issue... Your continued patience is appreciated. ~ Blue (talk) 02:22, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- It's also set up with just Jellyneo at the moment, but that can change at any time, haven't figured out how to get it to call two sites at once but it should be possible. --Puma (talk) 03:24, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
Random Selection fixed - The init call somehow vanished from LocalSettings. Very strange. ~ Blue (talk) 08:05, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sorry to have messaged you this many times (Lack of live chat is an issue - I understand you're busy but we'll have to solve that in the future). Regarding your progress with contacting key individuals, we feel it may also be time to make the public aware. We'd like to organize an announcement page, detailing what we plan to do and what will change, this way we can better communicate to you and others what we're going to do. There are several things we've yet to tell you at this point, so we'd like to communicate those in a public manner rather than privately. Julia and I have discussed it, and we've found a way to integrate your idea 'Pooglepedia' idea in. We need your permission to make the public announcement, and be assured it will be phrased as if until everything's confirmed on your side. May we make the announcement? We're sure you'll be surprised by a few of the other things we had planned. --Puma (talk) 18:17, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
- Once again, very sorry for messaging you on another occasion, a lack of proper communication is frustrating. I see very well that you're much more active on the PinkPT forums, so I decided to create an account. Here was the result when registering:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
- Unknown column 'user_arcade_permissions' in 'field list' 
- An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Thanks again for your patience. Also, thanks for letting me know about that error above. The error stems directly from the arcade that was installed before my time.
The arcade repair needs to move up on the priority list. That's for sure. Stupid stinkin' arcade has been a thorn in my side forever. It probably took 20 hours to upgrade it the last time that it broke (at the forum phpBB upgrade). I have been seriously thinking about removing it completely, as (1) it does nothing for the forums, (2) takes a lot of space, and (3) is a pain in my posterior Frankly, I'm not sure if it will be easier to uninstall and surgically extract it from everything it touches, or just upgrade it to the latest version and hope that it fixes errors like the above. Arcade has been nuked. With the destruction and removal of all arcade hooks, the user database functions have been fixed. as a result, Forum Sign-Ups are now working again. ~ Blue (talk) 09:26, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
It is easier for me to communicate via email or the forums. I have an app for that. Well, both, actually. The NeoDex doesn't have an app for my phone, yet.
When you say, "There are several things we've yet to share with you", what does that mean? It would be best for full disclosure for help the powers that be make a fully informed decision on things to come.
Don't worry about too many messages. That's not a problem, but for the next week or so it could take me a little while to respond. Regards ~ Blue (talk) 07:19, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, thank-you so much for understanding. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to PM you on the forums as I have to jump through a number of hoops, "You cannot send PMs until you participate more" - "Your posts have to be approved by a moderator". I'm stuck right now.
That's an anti-spam/anti-autobot measure. I manually removed the restrictions for you and put you into the Regular User group. ~ Blue (talk) 18:45, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
- What we haven't shared with you: It's nothing major, though it regards plans & such we simply have not shared. It more or less goes into specifics, we really cannot plainly tell you everything, which is why we we'd really like to present it in a presentation format. You can then pass this information along to the "powers", and everyone will be well aware of what's going on. That's why we ask, would you allow us to make an announcement page? We'll include all of the details there, and it can be made known to everyone. This way, the associated talk page can be used to discuss certain aspects, and can be utilized as a location of overall discussion regarding it. We can make the page at Announcement:Changes Coming, though we still need your OK to do so. You can then add a link to it to Neodex's Site notice role, and everyone will be aware of it. --Puma (talk) 18:29, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
- And just to reiterate: The other "things" we'd like to say aren't anything "bad" or overly "plan changing", however, it's still something we feel you should know. We wish to disclose our full plans with you, however, we feel this would be much easier to do in a public-announcement/presentation form. All we need is your Okay to make these plans publicly aware, and you'll be clued in on everything. --Puma (talk) 18:41, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
Send me what you can as soon as possible (PowerPoint (or whatever) by email if need be) because I will be chatting with Kym later this week when we can find a good time in our schedules to meet up. If need be, put the announcement in an oddball sandbox like SandBox:Potential/Proposed Change,and I'll remove the item from the recent changes page, making it harder to find. ~ Blue (talk) 18:47, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
We (mark & I) urge you to read your PMs, please. We simply cannot wait any longer to know if whether things are still going or not, including a multitude of other questions asked some time ago. At first we assumed you might have been dead until we saw your login status, which has been daily. We surely hope nobody else has died. -Julia (talk) 16:28, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- I should have an update/response from Kym soon. FYI - I didn't die, but someone very close was in hospital for several days. Thankfully they did not die, came back home yesterday and are now recuperating. I was at the hospital most of this week and have not slept much lately. ~ Blue (talk) 17:30, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
Updating the CSS