Shoyru Info Link
- Alright, i think it's time to have some proper discussion if this link should or should not be included. Qwertyu63, being the creator of it, wants it present, but i have and Macbeth have taken it down in the past, only to have it come back. I think it's fair to now have proper discussion on its fate. And Qwertyu63, if it's decided to not be part of the article after this discussion, putting it back will be seen as spam. You have been forewarned. :(
- On the petpage itself, it should only be linked to this official article about the Shoyru if it entirely about the Shoyru...which it is. However, the data is very unorganized, and having the random appearance of blue text (which is supposedly a Neopet interupting) just doesn't make it flow. if the page was redone, maybe, but as it is...i don't think it should be on the article. --Jacob 18:31, 25 Jun 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think I have ever removed it - Dizzy has, mind.
- On the page itself... Well, it is effectively a list of everything official that is Shoyru-related on neopets.com. Yes, it could do with being reorganised and more efficiently catalogued, but I don't think we can dismiss it as an information repository just because the prose is wanting.
- On the other hand, petpages have been linked where they are guides to something, such as the puzzles in plots, or Neopets Premium, etc. Or certain games. But the nature of this page is not quite the same... :Â¬/
- It would be good to hear Qwertyu63's view on this, though. I'll drop a message on his talk page - if that doesn't work, perhaps we should Neomail him. --Macbeth 19:05, 25 Jun 2007 (UTC)
- My apologies about the mistaken identity. :S --Jacob 19:12, 25 Jun 2007 (UTC)
I get what you are saying about the randomness of the info. If you can think of something better I would be glad to rearange it. I put the blue text in to stop the page from being boring to the reader. That is all I have to say now. I'll be waiting. --qwertyu63
- right at the top, the table of contents could be made into a list, making it look cleaner than centered text. sections the table of contents are too small, and as such could be collected into other sections (a "Trivia" "Credits" section for one). On the blue text...have other users actually told you to make it more interesting, and have it not be "boring"? would think it wouldn't be needed to begin with if you organized it in a good manner. If you want your Neopet participating in some way, perhaps havbe it be in its own section as well? Also, use images along with the text when you are sharing all which ones shoyrus are related to. --Jacob 20:57, 27 Jun 2007 (UTC)
- I would suggest you put it into a more structured layout, rather than just having it stretch freely down the page, and make better use of prose to talk about each section... Where you have item names stacked right up against each other, I would put them in a bulleted list, separating them out into columns if it becomes too long... --Macbeth 21:04, 27 Jun 2007 (UTC)
- Jacob has a good Idea There With the trivia Idea as well as giving na_na_987 her own part. I'll Look in to those. The list is a good idea Macbeth But I don't know how to make tables. The last thing Jacob said was all greak to me. Please clear that up. I'll be waiting. --Qwertyu63 13:18, 28 Jun 2007 (UTC)
- When you are listing the items, present them like it's a real gallery, like this person did (i'm sure there is a better example, but i'm quickly looking as i don't have the time to look for a good example right now). that way others will know what they look like, AND what they are called. --Jacob 23:05, 28 Jun 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry I have not been able to get on lately. On what Jacob said The parts don't have titles just themes. I'll be waiting. --Qwertyu63 12:49, 1 Jul 2007 (UTC)
- Anyone here? --Qwertyu63 13:41, 14 Jul 2007
- If you have something you want to say, go ahead. --Jacob 14:38, 14 Jul 2007 (UTC)
Need a quick method to travel to the far and distant lands of Neopia? Fancy a winter holiday up in Snow Valley or to visit the home of the faeries in Faerieland? Shoyrus possess naturally evolved powerful wings, which can fly you there before you can say 'holiday'. Shy by nature, this dragonish Neopet is very versatile and is a ferocious fighter, making this seasoned battler a prime candidate for people who visit the battledome to duke it out in a test of strength, skill, speed, defense and agility.
I placed this paragraph here because the first part sounds more like it belongs in a television commercial than an encyclopedia, and the battledome part doesn't have that detached quality that an article should have. --Dizzy 11:04, 16 May 2007 (CDT)