|This page is, or relates closely to, NeoDex policy.|
While not set in stone, changes to policy should be discussed on the relevant talk page.
Searching for data to place on the NeoDex can be difficult for a user, unless they know where to look. The following are methods and locations an editor can use to help them fill out an article.
The "search" function found on the sidebar allows a quick and easy search for many links to info an editor needs, ranging from Help Files, Neopet species, users, items, Neopedia articles, games, Neopets TCG cards, screensavers and merchandise. A user can see a good majority of the possible links searching can give by typing in "____" (four underscore symbols). With the addition of Google search on November 22, 2006, the ability to search Neopets expanded, allowing quick searching for any Neopets by selecting the "search www.neopets.com" feature.
NeoDeckThe Collectable Cards Spoiler List gives links to all NeoDeck cards in Neopets. These are added to articles if they apply, and are placed in the following fashion...
[http://www.neopets.com/games/neodeck/colcardlookup.phtml?colcard_id=(Card Number) (Title of Card)]Besides the title of the card, a NeoDeck link can be placed if the image or the text in the card should relate to an article.
Neopets TCGThe Neopets TCG Card Checklist offerse links to TCG cards of certain aspects of Neopets. These are added to articles if they apply, and are placed in the following fashion...
[http://www.neopets.com/tcg/displayCard.phtml?edid=(Expansion Number)&id=(Card Number) (Title of Card)]Besides the title of the card, a Neopets TCG link can be placed if the image or the text in the card should relate to an article.
Polls and surveys
Neopets holds polls on their front page which are then archived for public viewing. This data can be used to research specific topics about the data from users around the world. The Battledome also has their own survey collection page.
Neopets fansites are a great resource of Neopets information, due to the collective effort users work together to research and present information. If a fansite should have a large forum community as well, its ability to give and share information is even greater. There are many fansites which can offer information, but the following have been selected by the NeoDex...
- PinkPT - As the home of the NeoDex, has a large amount of Neopets information and forum community.
- In-Depth Battlepedia - A sub-site for PinkPT, the largest database of Battledome information on the internet.
- NeoItems.net - The largest directory of what items are within Neopets, allowing special searches features which include the item descriptions.
- Nothing But Neopets - One of the oldest Neopets fansites, containing researched information about Neopets not found anywhere else including interviews with members of The Neopets Team.
- The Neopets Hive - A fansite containing common information about Neopets, including links and data of older plots.
- SunnyNeo - Originally a large avatar help site, has since grown to document many different features of Neopets. Also contains a searchable database which houses all Neopian Times editorial questions.
- Games Room - Many of the games within Neopets contain not only data on the games but on other articles
- Most Popular Games - Shows the most popular games during the day at the time of viewing
- The Rainbow Pool - Allows the user to see which Neopets and Petpets can be painted a certain colour
- Learn to speak Neopian - A page containing audio on how to pronounce words in Neopets
- How To Draw Pages - Tutorials of how to draw certain things in Neopets
- The Games Room (Petpage) - List containing links to almost all games, including many guides