|This page is, or relates closely to, NeoDex policy.|
While not set in stone, changes to policy should be discussed on the relevant talk page.
The NeoDex is an online encyclopedia which anyone can edit. As such, it's possible for an editor to maliciously vandalize an article (deleting content, adding random text, placing spam, etc.). To help prevent actions from this, NeoDex administrators have the ability to block these editors from editting. If vandalism should continue however, an administrator can protect these pages or images, thereby allowing them to be modified only by other administrators.
Reasons for protection
Reasons for protecting pages include (but are not limited to)...
- Protecting high visibility pages such as the Main Page from vandalism.
- Protecting certain pages or images closely related to the Main Page.
- Maintaining the integrity of the site's logos.
- Protecting the often-used texts in the MediaWiki namespace.
- Protecting pages which get vandalized very often.