- 1 Commendations
- 2 Petpet Colors
- 3 Redundant?
- 4 Edit summary
- 5 Sysop powers gained
- 6 I need a replacement...or something
- 7 Well done!
- 8 Hello
- 9 Battledome Quotes
- 10 Advent Calendar
- 11 BTY
- 12 Recent vandalism
- 13 Account Creation
- 14 Featured article
- 15 REGULAR neopets wiki
- 16 IDB News
- 17 Puppies!
- 18 World Updating
- 19 Weapon icons
- 20 Games Room
- 21 Nice work!
- 22 Something Has Happened!
- 23 Columns template
- 24 Removing Dangerous Links
- 25 Removing Single Item Pages
Nice work on those Petpet shop articles recently :Â¬). --Macbeth 01:51, 2 Jan 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed. Though I thought I would mention something as it isn't being done: You should wiki link every Petpet listed even if it doesn't have an article yet. This will allow the article to be created in the future, or allow editors to see that it must be created. --Jacob 05:39, 6 Jan 2008 (UTC)
Hey, I've noticed you're doing the petpet stuff... good job! Just thought I would let you know about a google doc I've made that has the dates of color releases through 2005 if you are interested in adding them to what you do. It's linked from my Talk page, I think. I'm hoping to finish it before I start school again in the Fall. --Cath 20:24, 3 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Something I noticed when you were creating the articles for Starry and other such articles for colours. You're mentioning that the morphing potions in the list are a particular colour and that they are morphing potions. Instead of the whole name, you could simply list the Neopet name, because we know it's a list of Neopets which can be morphed by potions, and that it's the particular colour to whatever the article is about. --Jacob 16:22, 22 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Just a reminder to write an edit summary for every article...or as many as you can. Sure, may seem tedious...and probably is...but helps us know what it is you are editing in every article. And there are a lot. Whoa. :o --Jacob 00:42, 24 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Sysop powers gained
Congratulations to the sysop status! This means you can now delete spam articles and block users. (A few more links should have appeared in the Specialpages for you.) I am confident you will use those powers well. :)
You are also invited to join the PPT forum where you will be granted access to the staff forums. I'd be pleased to see you on one of our fortnightly staff meetings. Just sign up on the forum and email your username to firstname.lastname@example.org to get access.
I also suggest you read NeoDex:Administrators if you aren't familiar with the features. If you still have any question after that, go ahead and ask me :)--Demon 12:20, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
Thanks everyone! I'll try not to go mad with my newfound POWER!!! Bwah ha ha! :P --Emeraldosprey
- Welcome Emerald! Great to see you on board. When you have a moment, register at http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/ and then email me your username so I can grant you access to our super secret staff board. There you can meet everyone and partake in all our staffie-related discussions. :) See you there soon! --Kym 14:27, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- You really should sign up. We have muffins. And cookies. Did I mention that you will appear on the new staff image if you sign up now?--Demon 16:04, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
I need a replacement...or something
I'm finally making it officially and stating that I won't be here for awhile, and will need someone to take the lead...or something. Go to the talk page of the community portal to see what I'm talking about. --Jacob 08:21, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Could you take a look at the conversation and make sure nothing relevant has been forgotten?--Demon 17:18, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
I'd just like to say a big well done on all the work you've put in on Petpet colours. Have a muffin, you're a star.
--Macbeth 21:15, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
-  - *laughs at edit summary* You don't like make things easy for yourself, huh? --Macbeth 02:03, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- User blocked. Please use the Community Portal if you need to alert something to all the sysops. --SwordFire ( talk | contrib ) 23:45, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- Then again, why is Plushie protected?
First of all, thanks so much for those templates you've created. It makes the pages all the more organized. ^_^
Second, I totally agree that getting the quotes from some characters (e.g. Kanrik) is futile; but some of them, like the Pant Devil, are pretty easy to obtain. My question is will BD quotes be permanently removed for all opponents to keep the articles consistent or do I forsee a template for them in the future? I thought I'd ask before starting to help with the updating. xP --Dizzy 19:01, 30 November 2010 (CST)
I was planning on getting rid of ALL the battledome quotes. Aside from being difficult to get for retired/war opponents, the quotes really clutter up articles, and, in all honesty, they really aren't really that interesting. I mean, half of the quotes are just screams or grunts! -Emerald Osprey 19:19, 30 November 2010 (CST)
- The quote thing is something I've been ruminating on, too. I would think for regular one player challengers they're all right, but not for war challengers (where, as you say, its impossible to verify). --Macbeth 19:21, 30 November 2010 (CST)
Yeah, I see what you mean. Ravenous Monster's quotes are pretty much just typical monster noises and actions. I'm down with whichever path is taken: delete them all or delete just the war opponents' quotes. --Dizzy 19:43, 30 November 2010 (CST)
Heya, nice work on separating the advent calender prizes.
I noticed the tables have the word "wikitable" in them - did you mean to set class="wikitable" in each of them? --Macbeth 14:26, 1 December 2010 (CST)
- No actually. That's just a copy and paste error. I'll go fix that. (Wonder how many places I've done that...) - Emerald Osprey 18:01, 1 December 2010 (CST)
- Oh, okay. Also, what do you think about putting item images in with the advent calender listing? --Macbeth 19:50, 1 December 2010 (CST)
Hey there, I was wondering where you found all these old better than you entries - did you keep a note of them yourself? I can't find a past-challengers section on the better than you page. --Macbeth 15:50, 8 December 2010 (CST)
- Macbeth, there isn't a past challengers page for Better Than You. Every time that TNT puts up a new challenger, the information for the previous challenger is lost forever. That's one of the reasons that I've been diligently adding the BTY information each week right after the challenger is released.
- The information that I've been adding to the wiki about past challengers comes from various fansites, including this pet page and this personal blog. I've cross-referenced as much of this information as I can with the new features archive. For example, using the new features archive, I can prove that Uncle Tharg was the challenger on July 1, 2010 and that he played Ugga Smash. However, the new features page does not record the score or prize for that week. I'm trusting the author's of the aforementioned fansites to have accurately recorded this info for me. I think that this is no different than trusting fansites to accurately record the statistics for past war opponents in the Battledome. - Emerald Osprey 16:51, 8 December 2010 (CST)
- You beat me to Leera Heggle, then XP.
- Very thorough, sounds good. Carry on. ^.^ --Macbeth 17:10, 8 December 2010 (CST)
Thanks for your work reverting the recent spate of vandalism. I've e-mailed kym asking if he can disable account registrations for a while, which should throw them off for a bit. If this keeps up in the long term, then we'll look into captchas and so on.
Just wanted to let you know that something was being done =). --Macbeth 10:16, 28 January 2011 (CST)
- Thanks. I've been keeping up with the vandals as best as I can, but it is getting really tiring. We already have a captcha on account creation/link posting, but obviously we are dealing with some really smart bots that are cracking the captcha. - Emerald Osprey 11:20, 28 January 2011 (CST)
- Phew... That's a relief. Now I can put my efforts back on creating content rather than reverting vandalism. :) - Emerald Osprey 11:49, 31 January 2011 (CST)
Thanks again, both for your prompt reply and for doing this for me. :)
Username: "Vee" or if taken, "Vicky" then "veeqdee"
email: <removed> --188.8.131.52 07:56, 24 March 2011 (CDT)
- Okay, if I did everything right, you should get a "new account" e-mail now. This is my first time manually making an account, so let me know if it works, okay? :) - Emerald Osprey 18:20, 24 March 2011 (CDT)
- Worked wonderfully. Thanks!! <3 --Vee 19:27, 24 March 2011 (CDT)
REGULAR neopets wiki
I see that this wiki has an... old format. I'm revamping the neopets guild as head crat. I gave it a new theme and logo. Since your wiki is... more developed, do you have any tips for me?
- In my experience here at the Neodex, a good wiki requires two things in great measure - a lot of patience, and hard-working friends to share the load. --Macbeth 07:26, 27 July 2011 (CDT)
Apologies for editing your news post: I would only ordinarily edit a post someone else has made for copyediting or wikilinking purposes, but in this case, as I mentioned in the edit summary, I thought it would be best not to speculate where the IDB may or may not end up, and in what form, before anything official has come from Finalhit.
From what I can gather it seems more likely that contents of the database, but not the IDB 'brand' itself, is what they are looking to hand over, so it would still be the end for IDB. But like I say, I don't think it's right to speculate on that yet. I hope you understand.
I also wanted to add a link to Finalhit's own summation of the site's end.
Thanks for posting that news, by the way - I had noticed IDB had gone down a few weeks ago but I would have missed this development had you not let us all know. --Macbeth 05:32, 2 August 2011 (CDT)
- That's fine. I like your version better anyway. :) The important part is that I wanted to thank the IDB for all their hard work, and that part you left alone. - Emerald Osprey 07:16, 2 August 2011 (CDT)
"updated puddle, saved puppy!"
Hahah, just when you think you've gotten all of them, eh? --Macbeth 15:23, 5 August 2011 (CDT)
I just noticed you have got plans to update the world articles and I've just made this template (Template:InfoboxLocation) and included it in the Haunted Woods to see how it looks/works and then I noticed your plans and thought it might interest you. I feel it gets rid of the slightly redundant world data section and puts it into a more pleasing style. I did try and incorporate the World map as well (the first one you come to when you go to a world) but it stretched the template and made it pretty long so I left it out for now.
I'm not too great at template creation though and it needs a little tidying especially my cheat fix for stopping the image stretch the columns below. :S Also, would I be right in saying there's no #IF template? Anyway, hope you're interested and if not, feel free to get rid of it. =) CrimsonFox talk 10:42, 18 August 2011 (CDT)
I was thinking about weapon icons (as in template:icon). In prose, it seems all right to say "3 x water" &c, but I thought if we are going to be using the icon images anyway, is "" not better? What do you think? --Macbeth 10:40, 25 August 2011 (CDT)
- When I was first experimenting with weapons/ability tables, I though as you did: That using three images to represent three icons would be the right thing to do. I tried it for a bit, and I'll admit that it looks pretty good for weapons that only have a few icons. But when you get to weapons that have more that six icons, it starts looking terrible and becomes COMPLETELY unreadable. As an example, pretend you don't know how many icons of damage a Super Attack Pea does. Which is more readable:
- In the first example, you can glean the number of icons in a second. ("It does 12 air and 20 earth!") In the second example, you have to carefully count and recount the icons to make sure that you have the number right. ("Let see, it does a bunch of air icons, but how many? 1..2..3..4...5..6..7...Wait, was I on six or seven? >_< Now I have to start over. 1..2..3..4..5..6") - Emerald Osprey 12:42, 25 August 2011 (CDT)
"Many of the newer games, sadly, are made in Flash or Shockwave and these require a one-time download to play. These games also tend to take a long time to download, particularly on computers with a dial-up modem, and tend to run slowly on older computers, often leading to a less enjoyable experience for people on older computers."
Oh my god XP. I had no idea the Games Room article was that bad! Good work. =) --Macbeth 08:50, 5 December 2012 (CST)
Something Has Happened!
Emerald, you do know that when you replaced the old random event template with your new one, it broke all the existing pages that had random events on them? :S --Macbeth (talk) 14:28, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah. I know. I'm just gonna have to do the work of updating them. :) It's something that needs to be done anyway! Emerald Osprey (talk) 14:30, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- Okies - now I look at it, there aren't that many pages that used the old template after all. --Macbeth (talk) 14:36, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
I've just made a template that I hope will make everyone's life a bit easier. It will take one big list and automatically turn it into a table with three level columns. Hopefully this will make it easier to maintain the colours articles and pages. Check it out at Template:Columns. The manual's on the talk page, but it's pretty straight forwards (you can see it working at Eventide). I'm not planning to go around and update all the colour pages with it straight away, but I'll be using this template from now on whenever I have to add a new colour to a Neopet or Neopet to a colour.
Removing Dangerous Links
Currently, all links to the "In-Depth NeoQuest Guide" redirect to a phishing page. As such, I have removed all of the old links to the IDNQ from the Neodex. If you seen any IDNQ links that I missed, PLEASE REMOVE THEM! - Emerald Osprey (talk) 16:54, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- Well spotted, it looks like someone spammy people have parked idnq's old domain (idnq-guide.com). I've put the link to idnq.net (the current, correct home of IDNQ) back on the IDNQ article though. --Macbeth (talk) 18:11, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
Removing Single Item Pages
Since we have always said that the Neodex is *not* an item database, I am removing all pages about single items. With the advent of Jellyneo's item database, single item pages seem silly anyway. :P Emerald Osprey (talk) 02:02, 3 January 2016 (UTC)