A former citizen of Neovia, she was safely taken out of the village when it became cursed and was given a hut in a Haunted Woods swamp by Ilere in order to survive. She is the daughter of Edmund and Alice, and the sister of Bruno and Reginald. She currently lives alone in that same hut surrounded by Meowclops, bordering the lands of Meridell and Neovia (also considered Werelupe Woods). She makes it a habit to scare Neopets away from her and sometimes even turn them into Petpets or Petpetpets. Though crude in her actions, Sophie is generally a good character, but wishes to be left alone.
Sophie is not the most careful of witches and mixes potions in her game Sophie's Stew, with the help of her Meowclops.
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
- Main article: Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
When Tormund and Roberta came to Werelupe Woods to fight the Werelupe King for Illusen's Charm, they meet Sophie, who knows they are going to the Werelupe Den and wil help them get past the giant skull guarding it if they find her a raw Wartroot. After retrieving the Wartroot from an underground cavern in the swamp, Sophie tells a story of how she made a necklace to get into the Werelupe Burrows for a young Neopet. He used the necklace to try and steal the Werelupe King's treasure, but got buried alive. Instead of making a new one, Sophie sends them to the location of the old one at his crypt.
The Tale of Woe
- Main article: The Tale of Woe
In the Gypsy Camp of the Haunted Woods, users are told the story of a time when Gilly passed while she was lost in the woods, and told a story herself: Long ago in Neovia lived the family Edmund and Alice and their 3 children, who were Bruno, Reginald and Sophie. Their family was the first to fall in the trap set by Mr. Krawley, who offered mysterious potions to all of the inhabitants of Neovia. Every single person was lured into it, convinced that their one big problem would be resolved, and were soon cursed by their desires. The rioting inhabitants were furious and blamed the family when Mr. Krawley disappeared. Edmund ordered Reginald to take Sophie into the Woods. There they stumbled upon the Ilere, who Sophie decided to go with of her own free will despite Reginald's worry, saying she felt safe with her.
After Gilly was told the story, she found Neovia and an abandoned house, where she discovered a silver locket. taking it to the Deserted Fairground, she asked around for information on it, and eventually returned to Neovia to discover a spooky shack with Sophies Rocking Chair at the front.
Better Than You
Sophie has been a contestant on Better Than You three times:
|Date:||April 20, 2006||So... you think you can beat me at my own game, do you? Why, even my Meowclops could beat you. Now shoo! I'm trying out a new potion and I don't want to be bothered by your silly notions about beating my score!|
|Prize:||Shadow Ixi Plushie|
|Date:||February 20, 2008|| What? What do you mean you want to challenge me? Oh, you want to help me make 'stew'? Well, why didn't you say so? Get in here and start putting these ingredients into the cauldron. If you assist me in the successful creation of my next potion, I may not even turn you into a Mortog when we're done...|
but we both know that's not very likely.
|Date:||April 16, 2009||Stop standing there and help! Can't you see that I need to get this mixture ready? If you don't start helping me within ten seconds, prepare to enjoy the rest of your life as a Mortog. Now MOVE, and don't drop anything!|
|Prize:||Ixi Bandit Leg Wrappings|
- During the Random Theme of Sophie the Swamp Witch in the New Features on April 6, 2006, many Sophie related items were added, including the game Sophie's Stew. Later the same year another Random Theme called Sophie and Friends occurred on December 6, 2006, which featured even more items, a selection in the Art Gallery, new NeoGreetings, and an Advent Calendar animation showing an old Christmas gathering she and the rest of the family shared in Neovia before it was cursed.
- The Neopet TCG card Sophie says she is a hero, contrary to the card Sophie the Swamp Witch which states she is a villain. This change may have come about due to the recent The Tale of Woe plot.
- In The Tale of Woe, Sophie claims she had a 'bad experience' with both the Brain Tree and Esophagor of the Haunted Woods. However, we never know how bad it was.
- An Avatar featuring Sophie can be gained by visiting the Halloween Paint Brushes page. An unreleased version of this avatar exists in the Neopets server, but only one is officially released.
- Games: Sophie's Stew
- Plot Info: The Tale of Woe
- Neopedia: Sophie
- NeoDeck: Sophie the Swamp Witch
- Neopets TCG: Sophie the Swamp Witch, Sophies Whim, Sophie
- Caption Competition: #673, #1056
- Advent Calendar: December 6, 2006
- Editorial: 267, 268
- NeoGreeting: Happy Birthday!, Friends Are Fun, Sophie My Pal, Terrific Accomplice