Timeline of Neopian History
|This page is under construction|
|Much more information is needed, information collation to be checked, article to be wikified...|
The history of Neopia is a complicated one. Below are all the collected historical events of Neopia's past (called BN or "Before Neopia"). The Gregorian Calendar year is shown in a pair of brackets beside the Neopian year.
2000 BN (1 B.C.)
- Neopia is a barren wasteland.
1??? BN (1??? A.D.)
- Dr. Frank Sloth came to Neopia and began to conduct experiments.
1??? BN (1??? A.D.)
- Sun broke through the dark skies of Neopia, creating the bright beautiful world Neopia is today.
993 BN (1006 A.D.)
873 BN (1126 A.D.)
- Sakhmet was founded by King Coltzan I.
300 BN (1700 A.D.)
- Meridell was invaded (it is unknown whether this was the first or second Meridell vs Darigan war, or another unmentioned war).
2?? BN (18?? A.D.)
- Qasala was destroyed by a sandstorm.
200 BN (1897 A.D.)
- Count Von Roo was born.
2 BN (1997 A.D.)
- Commander Garoo joined the ranks of Dr. Sloth's army.
Year 1 (1999 A.D.)
- The Neohunters arrived to collect Neopian History.
Year 2 (2000 A.D.)
- Gathering (August) 16th: Dr. Frank Sloth invades Neopia.
- Collecting (October) 2nd: Sarkis, Ursulla and Buckley find an old brochure for the Battledome, and the Hunt for the Battledome plot begins.
- The Battledome is rediscovered.
- Old Maraqua is discovered.
Year 3 (2001 A.D.)
- Running (March) 20th: An earthquake rips through Terror Mountain, and Tyrannia is later uncovered.
- Relaxing (June) 12th: Brucey B wins the Year 3 Annual Neopian Cheat! Championships, and Dr. Sloth takes interest in his lucky coin.
- Swimming (July) 9th: King Coltzan was murdered by Princess Sankara. The cause of his death was food poisoning.
- Swimming (July) 17th: King Coltzan's crown was found to have been stolen by Heermeedjet and Merouladen.
- Gathering (August) 18th: Maraqua is destroyed after a cursed whirlpool rips through the kingdom.
- Storing (November) 5th: Billy and Sarah win Better Than You and win a holiday to the Virtupets Space Station, triggering the Neopet Version 2 plot.
Year 4 (2002 A.D.)
Year 5 (2003 A.D.)
- An evil shaman from Mystery Island tries to destroy the entire Mystery Island and awaken a giant Moltenore.
- All the petpets in Neopia mysteriously disappear, but return 11 days later.
Year 6 (2004 A.D.)
Year 7 (2005 A.D.)
- Maraqua was rebuilt but was promptly attacked by pirates, who were defeated after a long battle.
- Jazan travelled to Sakhmet to break the curse on his people. Qasala is unveiled.
- Lost City of Geraptiku is re-discovered.
Year 8 (2006 A.D.)
- Altador is discovered and could be reached via a portal in Faerie City, Faerieland.
- The Darkest Faerie was released from her 1000 year imprisonment.
- The Altador Cup is resumed after Altador returns from its slumber.
- Neovia and Shenkuu are discovered.
Year 9 (2007 A.D.)
- Hugo, Lilian Fairweather and Roxton travel to the Lost Isle, but were attacked by gigantic petpets and were unable to map down its location.
- Meteor crashes into Kreludor.
Year 10 (2008 A.D.)
- Dr. Frank Sloth attempted to attack Neopia again but failed.
Year 11 (2009 A.D.)
- Moltara is found.
Year 12 (2010 A.D.)
- The Faeries are cursed and turned into stone.