Dr. Frank Sloth
Dr. Frank Sloth is one of the most infamous villains in the Neopets universe. He is an evil scientist bent on the destruction or conquest of Neopia and all who inhabit it. After the Space Faerie destroyed his mutation ray in the Arrival of Virtupets plot, and left his prized space station, Virtupets drifting in orbit, Sloth went into hiding, distributing Transmogrification Potions, only occasionally getting involved with the rest of Neopia - most notably during the Brucey B and the Lucky Coin plot. Despite hiding in whereabouts unknown, the Neopians were still able to contact him - and receive a reply - during the Neopet Version 2 plot.
The mastermind's return, originally anticipated for 2004, but delayed until 2008, was featured in the Return of Dr. Sloth plot. The temporary shelving of this plot was referenced in the title of one of the games he is featured in, The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth. He is also featured or referenced in Neverending Boss Battle, ToyBox Escape, Carnival of Terror, Korbats Lab, and Splat-A-Sloth.
Dr. Sloth sometimes masquerades around Neopia as The Happiness Faerie. Like the existence of Jelly World, this is an inside joke in that despite The Happiness Faerie resembling Dr. Sloth with cardboard wings, he has still duped the Neopian population with his disguise.
His greatest achievements are the enslavement of the Grundos, an alien race, and his creation of the Transmogrification Potions, which change a Neopet into a mutant version. He has also created many futuristic machines, vehicles, weapons, and robots.
Arrival of Virtupets
- Main article: Arrival of Virtupets
In August 2000, Dr. Sloth came to Neopia with a giant, orbital space station and mutation ray, with plans of taking over Neopia and repopulating it with his Virtupets. In an encoded message, however, it was revealed that he actually intended to mutate all the Neopets on the planet. He was stopped by the Space Faerie, who reversed Dr Sloth's mutation ray and caused it to explode, leaving the abandoned station in orbit. The plot introduced the Grundos, and stopped Moehogs being limited edition.
It was revealed in The Return of Dr. Sloth plot that during his fight with the Space Faerie, Dr. Sloth managed to acquire the Space Faerie's Token for later study.
Brucey B and the Lucky Coin
- Main article: Brucey B and the Lucky Coin
Having watched Brucey B play in the 3rd Annual Cheat! Championships, Dr. Sloth recognized the coin Brucey was using to win every game. Setting up a high-profile Cheat! game, a Jetsam named ??? working for Sloth won all of Brucey's money, and betted it against Brucey' Lucky Coin. He played one four, and as Brucey had already played four fours, he declared the Jetsam cheating. Somehow, Jetsam had cheated at Cheat!, and did, in fact, have the last four.
Dr. Sloth then used the coin to gain entrance to one of the pyramids in the newly rediscovered Lost Desert, and raided the tomb. Loading the plunder on-board his space ships, he used the artifact he had found there, the Staff of Alhasutek, to wage a war on Sakhmet with his Grundo army. Although the attack started well, Dr. Sloth soon had to use the staff to summon the Rock Beast to hold off the defenders, and when it was defeated, did not have time to reanimate it before Brucey B destroyed the staff.
The weapon's destruction reversed its curses, and Dr. Sloth made his escape in a space rocket built into one of the towers of the city.
Neopet Version 2
- Main article: Neopet Version 2 (plot)
After Dr. Sloth escaped the Lost Desert, an old experiment he had left on the Space Station - Neopet Version 2 - awoke and took hostage several Neopets on vacation, in a lift. When the Neopian population wrote to Sloth, his reply briefly discussed how the NPv2 program could be deactivated, by acquiring the deactivation codes known to the program's original designers and the program itself. He didn't think the Neopians would actually be able to do it.
Hannah and the Ice Caves
- Main article: Hannah and the Ice Caves (Plot)
A mock ending was made for Hannah and the Ice Caves, where Dr. Sloth appeared and changed Hannah into a Mutant, claiming revenge against her for cancelling his own plot - The Return of Doctor Sloth, that would be revived four years later - in favour of hers. A few users were able to catch it before it was reverted to the true ending.
The Tale of Woe
- Main article: The Tale of Woe
The Return of Dr. Sloth
- Main article: The Return of Dr. Sloth
In 2008, Dr. Sloth distracted the Space Faerie with rumours of a disturbance in a distant part of space, and in her absence, began his return. Commander Garoo and his troop of Blumaroos took over the Space Station, and took the civilians prisoner. They were to be sent away for mutation and recruitment into Dr. Sloth's army, but their prison transports were hijacked at the last minute by the Resistance - a group that had been founded following the Arrival of Virtupets plot to defend Neopia in the event of Dr. Sloth's return - and sent to safety.
Dr. Sloth and his scientists had been experimenting with the mutagenic properties of Kreludite, planning to use it as a weapon. He manipulated the civil war between the Orange and Purple Grundos on Kreludor in order to secure his supply of the mineral, but after the Resistance united them by exposing Parlax as Dr. Sloth's agent, Dr. Sloth moved his battle fleet out to destroy the Orange and Purple factions.
Although the Grundos adapted their mining lasers as artillery against the battleships, they were severely outmatched by the armada, and would have been sorely defeated if not for the actions of Gorix and Cylara. They managed to sneak on board Dr. Sloth's own ship and get to the Space Faerie's token, which Dr. Sloth had acquired in his first conflict with the faerie. Commander Gormos, who had become dissatisfied with Dr. Sloth reducing him to an errand boy instead of sending him to the front lines, let the two Resistance members past to Dr. Sloth's atrium, where, using an incantation the Space Faerie had told her, Cylara was able to trap the doctor in the token. His ship's self-destruct sequence activated automatically, and after the explosion the token imprisoning the evil mastermind drifted silently through space.
Better Than You
Dr. Sloth has been a contestant on Better Than You six times:
|Date:||October 5, 2006||So, you think you can beat me at my own game? You pathetic little pest! Let's see how you cope with my ads -- my guess is that you'll be running to cower behind the Space Faerie before this game is over! MUAHAHA!|
|Prize:||Dr Sloth Pumpkin|
|Date:||April 12, 2007||You seriously think you can defeat me? You and your fellow pathetic lifeforms have no chance against my ship. Fight all you want, you're only delaying the inevitable. MUAHAHAHA.|
|Game:||Neverending Boss Battle|
|Prize:||The Handy Guide to Neopian Domination|
|Date:||June 12, 2008||You pathetic creatures will never live through my onslaught. Come you fools and throw your life away to my warship! Your noble sacrifice might be touching if I actually cared, but I don't." *pushes button to fire* "MUAHAHAHAHA.|
|Game:||Neverending Boss Battle|
|Prize:||Grundo Sloth Sock Puppet|
|Date:||September 3, 2009||Puny Neopian, you have lost the race before it even started. I have already hired Ace Zafara for the position, and he is making me millions -- millions, do you hear? If you can somehow prove yourself to be competent after all, I will spare you from being sludged. For today.|
|Prize:||Dr Sloth Beanie|
|Date:||January 28, 2010||Oh, good, my Mutant Milkshake has arrived... what?! You dare fire upon my ship? I might have admired your audacity, if you hadn't just spilled my Mutant Milkshake all over my robes. I blame you for this disaster even though you are clearly not in the same room. Grundos, launch missiles!|
|Game:||Neverending Boss Battle|
|Date:||February 10, 2011||I have been informed that simple chemistry is responsible for what fools call 'love'. Thus, all I have to do is invent the perfect chemical solution and I will be able to make all of Neopia adore me! It's so obvious; why did I not think of it before? MWAHAHA HA HA HA HA! Hand me that beaker, you nitwit.|
|Game:||Chemistry for Beginners|
|Prize:||Dont Push That Button!|
- It is implied in the Neopets.com T&C FAQ that Dr Sloth's full name is Francis Q. Slothberg Esq.
- Random Events which Sloth is part of...
- A robot flies past you on fire! Help! Help! Dr. Sloth is after me!
- Dr. Sloth and his "associates" take 20% of your Neopoints to support his next Neopian invasion effort. (A High Score Table exists for this event.)
- Dr. Sloth has deemed you worthy of using his image on the NeoBoards! (Awards the Sloth! avatar.)
- Being one of the most famous Villains of Neopia, he has many items created in his image, There are also a few avatars for Dr. Sloth:
|Sloth!||I *heart* Sloth||I ? Happiness!|
- It is uncertain if Dr. Sloth is a Neopet or not - in the editorial of issue 239 of the Neopian Times, it was asked what Neopet he was, and the answer was interrupted by Dr. Sloth himself, angered that someone would consider such a thing.
- He has also apparently been involved in various catastrophic events in Neopia, such as the Ski Lodge Murder Mystery.
- The Halloween Moehog is designed to resemble Dr. Sloth.
- Neopedia: Dr. Frank Sloth, Sloths Grand Adventure, Transmogrification Potions
- Gallery of Evil: Dr. Frank Sloth
- Official User Account: dr_sloth
- Mind Control Laboratory
- NeoDeck: Dr. Frank Sloth, The Spider Grundo, Captain Astounding, The Incredible Grarrl, Electro-Boy, The Wall, Captain Astounding (H), The Incredible Grarrl (H), Electro-Boy (H), The Wall (H), Florg the Devourer, Grimilix, Ghartun The Grundo Commander, Evil Sloth Clone #32, Mechanoid Warrior, Blarthrox, Zyrolon, Bazri The Grundo, Commander Garoo Card, Korbats Lab Card
- Neopets TCG: Meuka, Sloth's Master Plan, Sloth's Master Plan (2nd Print), Evil Sloth Clone #238, Sludging Ray, Dr. Sloth, Dr. Sloth (2nd Print), Gorix, Ring of Sloth, Ylana Skyfire, Galactic Green Grundo, Commander Gormos, Sloth Plushie, Sloth Surprise, Defence Shield v2.0, Evil Sloth Clone #177, Kougra Scientist, Resistance HQ, Designer Zelroo, Rusty Sloth Clone #11
- Caption Competition: #6, #40, #137, #313, #362, #408, #474, #490, #510, #511, #580, #606, #665, #666, #713, #767, #797, #1076
- How To Draw: Dr. Sloth
- Help File: Help one of my items was turned to sludge!, My pet is a mutant, how do I get my old pet back?, How do you get to the Virtupets Space Station?
- Editorial: 23, 36, 47, 48, 50, 55, 56, 61, 85, 87, 107, 116, 123, 124, 125, 129, 132, 139, 140, 147, 149, 151, 164, 166, 174, 190, 212, 217, 227, 230, 231, 239, 243, 254, 260, 262