Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Bear with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:46 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Best way to contact TNT?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
Offline

Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:22 am
Website: http://www.virtualpetlist.com
I need to contact TNT on an important matter, which is relating to Marapets trying to take their keywords on google, which are "virtual pet" and "virtual pets".

Http://ImgBug.com/img/1543promote-marapets.JPG

SNak Edit: Picture is too large. I've changed it into a link now.

_________________
The Virtual pet Forum is the best pets community!


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:05 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 507
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:10 am
Website: http://dolphinling.net/
cpvr wrote:
I need to contact TNT on an important matter, which is relating to Marapets trying to take their keywords on google, which are "virtual pet" and "virtual pets".

Http://ImgBug.com/img/1543promote-marapets.JPG
Uh, what? Neopets doesn't have those trademarked, it's perfectly legal for any other site to use them.

_________________
Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
Offline

Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:22 am
Website: http://www.virtualpetlist.com
I didn't say Neopets owned them, Neopets ranks high for those keywords and that site is trying to bring Neo's keywords down

_________________
The Virtual pet Forum is the best pets community!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:17 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby
Offline

Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:35 pm
Yahoo Messenger: quarterhorsejumper
Location: Zion
*blinks*

Just how does one go about "taking" keywords in any way that is not legitimate and would be of concern to neopets? o_O

Rankings change all the time on google; that's just the way things work. I could very well be nieve, but I just don't see how a site could fiddle with that illegally (in other words in such a manner that neopets could do something about it if they even cared).

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1953
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Lost in the Mists of Time
Hehe, it is possible to "hijack" keywords. Try typing "miserable failure" (without the quotes) into Google and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. That's only one example :) Google operates differently than most search engines tho, in that it utilizes number of hyperlink references. Or something like that.

That said...I'm not sure I understand what Marapets is doing.

_________________
Image
Please help my dragons grow and give a click!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:23 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:43 pm
More power to them. I'm sure that if Neopets takes searching seriously, or other sites seriously, they already know. In most search enginges, I've found neopets easily. But I don't think it needs to be on top to be considered the best. I think quite a lot of people know about the site as it is, and it spreads by word of mouth.


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited