Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:44 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

the_dog_god wrote:
All you young'uns not knowing who the Three were. Back in my day we knew every villain like the back of our hands, which we couldn't see as we didn't have electricity to light our houses (which we had to walk uphill to both ways in the snow each day)

De ja vu....O.o

I kinda hope for a war too, but the lag last year was ridiculous...unless they found a way to avoid that, a war is kinda difficult...
I've seen pictures of "The Three" but I didn't know they were only referred to as "The Three" *dun dun dun dun...*

Cody: Who went through all my Harry Potter books and added "o rly" each time Hedwig is mentioned?
Ty: I thought it would be better that way, Cody.
Cody: O RLY?
Ty: YA RLY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

siouxper wrote:
the_dog_god wrote:
All you young'uns not knowing who the Three were. Back in my day we knew every villain like the back of our hands, which we couldn't see as we didn't have electricity to light our houses (which we had to walk uphill to both ways in the snow each day)

When were they "used" or presented in a plot?

They were the driving force behind Kass' invasion in the second Meridell war. They were the ones that had given him his amulet and had plagued his dreams. Darigan's encounter with them at the end of the plot, as well as the Three's comments in Chapter 5 of the plot implied that they had also been the ones behind Darigan's invasion of Meridell in the first Meridell war.

Page 3 of this chapter
All of this chapter
Second Page of this Chapter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just to lay to rest the 'Faerie Wars Plot'.

Also check out the last 2 sentences - something IS coming soon. :)

This is from the latest editorial:

Quote:
Okay, this has been driving me absolutely CRAZY! Sorry, back to my question. Where do you sign up for a side in the Faerie Wars plot? I just can't seem to find it. I've seen a lot of articles in the Neopian Times about a "Faerie Wars" plot. I am obsessed with Neopian plots, but I have absolutely no idea of how to join. Thank you TNT, you rock! Also, can you remove my username from this editorial question?
Hehe! Looks like those mischievous Neopian Times writers fooled a lot of people this April Fools' Day! ;) The "Faerie Wars" were simply a prank they collectively pulled on Neopia and, just so you realise how cool the whole prank was, we'll add that they did so without any assistance on our part (well, aside from the lovely Droplet catching on and deciding to publish the submissions involved).

The editorial was simply flooded this week with people asking where to sign up, so as much as we don't want to ruin their prank, we must assure everyone that there is no such thing as "Faerie Wars." Don't worry, though; if you're looking for a plot, we've got that and something much larger in the making. Keep your eye on New Features!

Also to lay to rest the Sweetheart disappearance:

Quote:
There is a tiny bit of a war happening on the message boards. A couple of people claim to have found Sweetheart and have posted screenies of said find. Hundreds of other people are claiming that the screenies are fake. So please, Dear TNT, tell us: IS Sweetheart findable or is the reference in the news just to make us want to go play Snackrifice? Thanks! ~angie_hall
O.O Wow. It was just a little joke to go along with the news. I guess if we don't make plots up fast enough, you guys are more than happy to provide them for each other yourselves! ;) To make things abundantly clear, Sweetheart is NOT findable, nor related to any plot or activity. It was just a fun way to introduce the latest game.

It is a shame that TNT didn't actually think to have a "mini" mini plot with us just finding Sweetheart in Neopia - just like a treasure hunt. It could have been a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
Don't worry, though; if you're looking for a plot, we've got that and something much larger in the making.

What on earth is larger than a plot? Curiosity is killing this cat...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:01 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Daze wrote:

ok, honestly.. how long will it take people to realize..
just because tnt mentions something in the news does NOT necessarily mean it is "coming soon".. some things take weeks, months, or even a year+ to be released..
so don't get your hopes up!
i long for the old days when things really were released on time.. but alas, that hasn't happened for a few years now :(

proudly own a maraquan pet? go here! -- join Jealousea, a pet directory!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

You're forgetting Daily Dare - that went almost as smoothly as that sort of thing could be.

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:47 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

AySz88 wrote:
You're forgetting Daily Dare - that went almost as smoothly as that sort of thing could be.

Agreed. The Daily Dare went by surprisingly very smoothly. And to TNT's credit, they actually released the prizes soon after the event ended (of course, it was probably easier to hand out the books as opposed to the large amount of junk that they gave out on the ToW plot). Aside from the huge glitches in the beginning, the Bruno Backwoods Hunt prize mix up, and the other numerous glitches that lots of people experienced, it was a very smooth event.

Of course, plots are much more different. =D

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

stormymyst wrote:
Daze wrote:

ok, honestly.. how long will it take people to realize..
just because tnt mentions something in the news does NOT necessarily mean it is "coming soon".. some things take weeks, months, or even a year+ to be released..
so don't get your hopes up!
i long for the old days when things really were released on time.. but alas, that hasn't happened for a few years now :(

Honestly, I don't need reminding, I have been on Neo long enough to know that "coming soon" may mean next year, but it doesn't hurt to show in black and white that TNT are working on something.

I prefer to see the glass as 1/2 full rather than 1/2 empty. Nothing was ever said we had to have a plot every year, so at least TNT are saying they are working on something big.

IMHO, the good old days, only seem like that in hindsight. There wasn't enough good to conteract the lagginess, scamming, downtime and general lack lustre feel of Neo.

So we had to wait months for plot prizes :roll: , it didn't worry me.

To me it just seems that TNT are damned if they say they are working on something and damned if they don't mention it.

Quote:

Agreed!!

EDIT:
Courteous of Jellyneo, this is from the latest Neopets Magazine:

A new world (new plot?) and a new Altador Cup Tournament?

Sounds like a some big events to me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think Sloth will be back. On the explore map if you look at one of the islands near Tyrannia and Terror mountain, it has a black shape on it. If you zoom in and look at it right, you can kind of see the black/grey shape has the shape of sloth's head. You can see the three hair spike things sticking up. Anyway, Sloth hasn't been seen in a while and he is the one behind the making of all the mutants. So I guess maybe this is where he lives since he isn't at the space station anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Can you post a screenie of that, Smudge? I'm not seeing anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
Can you post a screenie of that, Smudge? I'm not seeing anything.

I believe that she's referring to one of the larger islands that are around the same size as Lutari Island.

It is on the 'back' side of Neopia, northern hemisphere.

Simply click to the side where you could see Lutari Island, Altador and Shenkuu at the same time.

The island is:.

Directly North of Lutari Island.
Northwest of Altador.
Directly West of Shenkuu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ah...I see now...I thought that she meant it was clickable. It does kind of look like Sloth, though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I can't find it :(.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hope that helps...if you can't see it in the pic, then at least you should be able to find it on the map :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I don't think there's anything else that it could be but a Sloth head. :thinking:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next