Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Faerie Quest Event 2020
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Starts: March 5 (NST)
Ends: March 22
Faerie Quest Cookies will be on sale for 50 NC.

Hear ye hear ye, We would like to formally announce that all new Faerie Quests will be coming tonight at midnight!

Faerieland is in chaos! Each Faerie seems to be struggling against some kind of dark magic. What or who could be behind this?
"My friend. I have unsettling news. A Krawk salesman named Mister Krawley set up shop outside Faerieland. He offered his wares and gifts. It all seemed harmless enough but my sisters and I have discovered there's more to his merchandise than meets the eye."

"Each item seems to prey on our weaknesses and we cannot rid ourselves of their cursed magic without your help."

"Return each day and I'm sure you'll find one of us caught in Mister Krawley's web of cruel magic. Will you help us, Neopian?"

Last edited by Daze on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Faerie Quest Event 2020
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:16 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Woah. Faerie quest time! And Mr. Krawley is up to no good! lol

Day 1
Bonus: Tooth Faerie Toothbrush
Quest: Light - Sauteed Purblare Slices, 100NP, +2 Levels

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 1
Daily Reward: Battle Faerie Sofa
Quest: Battle Faerie (Healing Potion IV - 45 nps) +3 HP, +3 Str, and +3 Def
Cookie: Battle Faerie (Clay Shield - 50 nps) +3 HP, +3 Str, and +3 Def

"Once again, you've proven yourself a hero of Faerieland. You have my gratitude but I fear we are still in need of assistance. Please return tomorrow."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Uhm. Y'all. They're not asking for the right items anymore. What in the world?!
Quote:
The Soup Faerie looks panicked as she pours more and more into her cauldron of soup, "How can a cauldron be this hungry?! Oh, my friend. This odd new cauldron keeps eating my soup before I can finish it. Could you find me Seaweed Salad, please?"

Soup Faerie is supposed to ask for smoothies, I thought?! 2k for the item.
Quote:
"Superb! That Seaweed Salad should appease even this Cauldron's bottomless stomach."
Quote:
"Looks like the Cauldron is finally appeased. Thank you, my dear Neopian."

Battle pet +2hp +2mov

Daily item: Faerie Caverns Treasure Map

Also, this:
FAQ wrote:
9. Do I have to complete a quest every day?
Nope. You're given the option of completing a quest every day, but you don't have to; you will still get a gift for visiting the page each day, and there is an additional prize for completing the np quest each day of the event.

I'm not sure how this reads, but I'm definitely going to try and be a completionist. Also, day one is today, March 5, so get your first visit done today - no extended days this time as it went live at midnight, apparently.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Weird.

Also- remember to decline The NC Quest each day as well... just in case. Unless, of course you want to do the NC quests.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The different item request pool is quickly inflating. Some of them are going through the roof. Hopefully TJNT will address this quickly. Higher rarities + hoarders = super expensive quests. I've got NP to spare, but I'm still not going to blow them on air faerie quests. Hopefully they'll put the rarity range back to a different (lower) level. I can't understand why they'd be asking for already expensive items for basic quests. Sure, I can see shaking things up a bit, but...I don't think this was the right way to do it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Glad I checked in here just before bed. I nearly missed day 1!

Um, changing quest items to rarer ones and requiring completion, not just accepting the quests? Maybe I shouldn't be so glad I found out about it... It'd be a lot easier to turn down an expensive quest if I'd already missed day 1!

Day 1:
Bonus: Dark Faerie Darts
Quest: Earth Faerie, Cascading Gold Fountain (gardening R68), 3050 NP, +3 movement

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 2
Bonus: Festive Faerie Fizz
Quest: Light, Golden Compass.... Seriously? 100k item for a light faerie? Nope.

Ok. Found it for a bit less. Twice.. Let's see if the 2nd one makes up for it in my shop :)

+2 Level

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 2
Bonus: Air Faerie Cookie Sandwich
Quest: Space Faerie (The Qasalan Royal History - 999 nps) +5 Lvls
Cookie: Air Faerie (Dental Floss - 1000 nps) +3 Mov

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Haha, Daze, your results are a little confusing at first glance because the first item has a faerie and a cookie in it, even though that was your bonus item, and your list includes a festival quest and a cookie quest listing the faeries offering the quests! (And that sentence was even more confusing than your post...)

Day 2: Fire Faerie Charm
Fountain Faerie, Banana Candy Rock, 1699 NP

When my fountain faerie quest is less than 2% of a light faerie quest.... Why you always got to break things, TNT?

Well, I transferred a pet from my side to take a dip. Huh, Blumaroos have kind of gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to paint colors.

• Christmas (uh, two "earrings" that look like mutant mistletoes trying to eat the ears? gross) X
  • Desert (was this before they hired the art department? the colors of the various pieces don't even go together!) X
  • Halloween (a cape - that's it?) X
  • Island (bracelets, earrings, skirt, lei, and tail ring... except the art isn't really that great... but actually, they do stand out against water really nicely!) 1.1M NP (I think I paid 6M back in the day... and was excited to get a "deal"!)
  • Maraquan (not that cool, and my Shoyru was supposed to become my Maraquan pet) X
  • Pirate (cap, earring, striped shirt... looks good on water, but it's kind of plain...) 300 285k NP (oh, TNT... remember when I saved so hard to buy one for 12M NP? so do I...)
  • Royalboy (but would need to change gender without lab ray scientist, and can't use fountain... clothes are kind of cool but not worth cost) X
  • Stealthy (current color, so already have clothes! though I won't on side... but she'll be moved back to this account when I get my main back, so...) X
  • Steampunk (only two pieces, but at least they're interesting... but doesn't really work on water pet, except to create a dripping look) 1.85M NP - eh, not really worth all that! I'd rather go straight to water...
  • Water (final destination for my water/beach-themed pet collection, but should get other clothes first) 1.9M NP

Hm, so I want island, pirate, and water. I think I'll go for island and pirate for now (buy pirate, use fountain for island). But in which order, since she might get stuck with the color for a while?

Wait, why don't pirates get pants?! It looks so weird! The stealthy pants look weird with it, but less weird than no pants. Anyway, I think island looks nicer than pirate as a temporary color, so I'll paint pirate, then take an island fountain dip. And maybe I'll get another fountain quest and can finish her off with water.

I was expecting to spend just a minute doing this quest. But I won't complain it took me a little longer! (I had to look up so many things, too - including the link to the pound and how to use a paint brush...)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have purposefully delayed getting my quest for today. I'm hoping that TNT addresses the issues at hand (ridiculous inflation of a seemingly tiny pool of items requested for each faerie type) before the end of the day - because if they don't, the entire weekend will pass before they do, and quite frankly, that will stink. My hopes are probably in vain, though, and I know it.
Bonus Item for today: Bottle of Faerieland Sand

ETA: I cracked and went ahead and risked the quests, since it doesn't look like they're addressing this today (news is up). Maybe it'll be in the editorial when it finally goes live? Hopefully?

Quest: Space, 1,777nps, +5 lvl to battle pet

Total stats:
Battle Pet: HP+2, lvl+5, mov+2

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm trying to find a list of the inflated items so I can check my SDB and see if I have any (unlikely, but I'd be more likely to overpay if I could recoup some of my losses...).

Found it! http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=mr_krawley_faerie_quests

6 evil snowballs... wow, 25 NP apiece, whee!
1 fire muffin... 50 NP
10 wet snowball... 5 NP
1 dark vine potion...900 NP
1 dung shield... 400 NP
8 soothing stones... 50 NP
2 lutari healing potion...1555 NP, 10k NP (jw9)
7 healing potion ii... 100 NP (jw9)
5 ubikiberry elixir... 40 NP (jw9)
5 lime elixir... 50 NP (jw9)
2 supernova... 200 NP (jw9)
1 blueberry gateaux... 300 NP (jw9)
2 iceberg sundae... 200, 250, 290 (jw9)
1 spiced apple pie... 250 NP (jw9)
1 Squashed Salisbury Steak... 250 NP (jw9)
3 attack on kreludor... 125, 140 (jw9)
1 furanga fruit... 350 NP (jw9)
4 lotus leaves... 30, 49, 75 (jw9)

Ugh. Past bedtime. There were a lot more than I expected. Will have to pick up with fountain faerie tomorrow. (I try to search by keyword, such as "potion," to check more items at a time, but it's still slow.)Resuming... why is there something named "diddler" on Neopets?! Is that an unfortunate difference in British vs. American slang?

Last edited by Siniri on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Holy mackerel! I just did a quick spot check on a few items and they are going for over 1M NP!

This is ridiculous!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:19 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 3
Bonus: Water Faerie Compact
Quest: Fountain Faerie (Quadrone - 2199 nps)
Cookie: Dark Faerie (Crater Fruit Elixir - 985 nps) +3 HP

Quote:
Haha, Daze, your results are a little confusing at first glance because the first item has a faerie and a cookie in it, even though that was your bonus item, and your list includes a festival quest and a cookie quest listing the faeries offering the quests! (And that sentence was even more confusing than your post...)

LOL...I did not even think about how that might read. This whole event is confusing! o_O :lol:

I really don't need a colour change on any of my pets. I have had 2 recent FFQ, in which I lost 1 for not doing before accepting the new one.

I am so glad that so far, I have not had an expensive quest. TNT certainly didn't think this one through! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 3. It feels like I missed a day, but thankfully not.

Bonus: Flute
Quest: Fountain Faerie - Grobleen Fruit Punch - 2.4k - Rainbow Fountain Visit

I think I still have a leftover Fountain freebie from a long time ago. I guess I should use it before finishing this quest?

Yep. Thanks to Siniri's analysis, I went with Island :)

My Blue Pet is now yellowish with stuff I can sell :lol:

Besides, Blue Paint brushes are relatively cheap ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next