Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Halloween Costume Competition
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Do you like Halloween? Do you like costumes? Then we have the perfect thing for you! The Spooky Shindig Society has organized a Halloween Costume Competition! Get your best ensembles together and sign up! You have today and tomorrow for the first theme so don’t dilly-dally!

Sign-up Page

Halloween Costume Competition Schedule

Neopian Heroes and Villians
Dr. Sloth and Fyora may be the most popular ones, but there are plenty other famous Neopians out there. Who will you dress up as? How will you make your costume stand out?
Date : 24th Oct 2019

Trick or Treat!
Everyone knows you need a mask and a basket to go trick-or-treating. However, some people take it a lot further than that.
Date : 26th Oct 2019

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Whether it's the autumn leaves or the pumpkin pies that you look forward to, the Month of Collecting is pretty special. How best can you represent this time of the year?
Date : 27th Oct 2019

Time Travelers
If you could travel into the future or the past of Neopia, what do you imagine it would look like? Which land would you visit? Let your costume do the talking.
Date : 28th Oct 2019

A Thorough Professional
Dressing up as a doctor or a schoolteacher never gets old. Use your imagination to customize your Neopet in a well-known profession, and yet stand out from the crowd.
Date : 29th Oct 2019

Fairy Tales and Fables
No one really believes those bedtime stories you tell your kids at night. Perhaps if they saw the characters in person, they would change their minds…
Date : 30th Oct 2019

Game Face
Some faces are instantly recognizable from the games we love to play. If you could be any game character, who would you choose to be?
Date : 31st Oct 2019

Famous Personalities
From Abraham Lennycoln to Ogrin Winfrey, there are many famous personalities who have left their stamp on our lives, for better or for worse. Which one would you like to emulate?
Date : 01st Nov 2019

Geeks Wear Glasses
Everyone knows that geeks wear glasses, and evil scientists have pointed hair. There’s the annoying little brother and the know-it-all sister. What character stereotype will you dress your Neopet as?
Date : 02nd Nov 2019

I Love Petpets
Everyone loves Petpets, but do you love them enough to make them part of your costume?
Date : 03rd Nov 2019

Creatures of the Night
For some reason or the other, these creatures prefer to come out at night.
Date : 04th Nov 2019

~~~~~

Halloween Costume Competition FAQ

1) What is the Halloween Costume Competition?

The Spooky Shindig Society has organized a Halloween Costume Competition to recognize Neopians with the most incredible costumes this year. With just a little creativity, imagination and a good sense of humour, you could be walking away with the coveted Halloween Costume Competition trophy. If you'd like to compete, then sign up for the costume competition right away.

2) How does the competition work?

In order to participate, first find out the theme of the ongoing round. Dress your Neopet up in accordance with the theme, and then click ‘Enter’ to go to the contestants’ area. From there, you can choose which Neopet you’d like to enter, and add a title or description to your entry. Click 'Enter this costume' and that's it!

3) Why should I participate in the competition?

You don’t want to disappoint the Spooky Shindig Society with a low turnout now, do you? If that’s not motivation enough, perhaps this will interest you - winners in each round will get the coveted Halloween Costume Competition trophy.

4) How long will the competition last?

The competition will last from 24 October to 5 November, 11:59:59 PM NST. The competition is divided into rounds, each round based on a different theme. Round 1 will last for 1.5 days, until 11:59:59 PM NST on 25 October and Rounds 2 – 11 will last for 24 hours each after that.

5) What are the themes for the different rounds in the competition?

To see the themes for each of the rounds, visit the Schedule page.

6) Can I submit a costume that references characters or concepts not in Neopia?

Everyone knows there is life on other planets, so unless specified, you do not need to limit yourself to Neopian places or characters.

7) Can I participate in this competition from my side account?

Yes, you can enter your Neopets to the Halloween Costume Competition from your side account, but you cannot use it for voting.

Post subject: Re: Halloween Costume Competition
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:44 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm trying to enter but keep getting an error.

Quote:
Error: You have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

Click here to see some tips that might help you fix this problem.
« Back

I'll be gone from about 6am until 10pm tomorrow and probably won't remember to enter. So glad I wasted time on this outfit...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I had to try multiple browsers until I found one that let me enter. Opera worked for me, but FF, Safari and Chrome did not.

It is a site wide problem. There is some kind of conflict with security settings. Both FF and my Norton antivirus recently updated, so that might be my issue.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

When I got home last night, I tried resubmitting in Chrome, and it went first try. I guess TNT fixed it. Hopefully everyone who wanted to submit could.

(I put very little effort in. Meh. If I had my old closet, I'd be able to do better, but I'm not going to buy stuff for this.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I splurged in the NeoMall and updated mypet. The Halloween Drink looked to tasty to pass up ;)

Entering worked today with Opera 12. No issue. The problem must have been on Neopets' side?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I joined the first and third rounds. I tried voting, but I was only ever shown pets from the first round - the vast majority of which didn't even attempt to fit the theme (and which were therefore given a 1 from me, regardless of how nice their customization was). I did see a couple that were really good (an Illusen and a Darkest Faerie with flaming hands).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
I joined the first and third rounds. I tried voting, but I was only ever shown pets from the first round - the vast majority of which didn't even attempt to fit the theme (and which were therefore given a 1 from me, regardless of how nice their customization was). I did see a couple that were really good (an Illusen and a Darkest Faerie with flaming hands).

Same here. Most of the choices I had did not fit the theme, or they did not even have a Halloween themed costume. My 2nd round submission actually met the theme (even though I put minimal effort into it).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today we can vote for the second round. Even these are getting low scores from me. In the first round, I put in such little effort, but was still in the top 10% in terms of following the theme. Which is really sad.

I can't bear to rank more than the about ten I've done today. It's just too pitiful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

This whole event sucks. It has many flaws and has not been thoroughly thought out. (does JS even know what they are doing anymore?)

I am seeing all the same pets when voting for the 48 hours. It is like I have a block of pets, and that is all I can vote on.
You can enter all your pets, and for some of my votes, I am voting on all the same person's pets. :x

The lack of coding to this event means people do not have to dress their pets. I have seen multiple pets in just a sack.
Allowing people to write a description has lead to some rather undesired entries.

We should have been restricted to 1 pet per theme and we get to vote on all the entries.

1. Each day is a DIFFERENT theme, but voting lasts for 2 days.

2. The pets image does not save when you enter -
Do NOT change customisation on the entered pet until voting is over for that category.

3. Voting is 48 hours - Keep your customisation on your entered pet for 2 days.

4. Do NOT transfer any pet off your account that you entered into the competition -
This causes a glitch, where you can NOT enter or vote. The page is blank.
Transferring the pet back fixes the glitch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think I must be losing interest in Neo, as I've done absolutely nothing for this. I haven't even voted. Real life has kept me so busy lately that I'm exhausted.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently there are additional rounds! The schedule is scrollable and only showed me the first three, and I don't use full windows, so I didn't see the scrollbar. You can now vote on "Time Travelers," and you can enter "geeks wear glasses." Two more rounds after this (I love petpets and Creatures of the Night). I'll probably try to enter two of them (whichever I can make a halfway effort out of my pitiful closet).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

All the rounds have always been there Siniri. I listed them all on the first post.

It seems the entries are now being saved, meaning you can changed customisations when needed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, like I said, I just didn't realize it was scrollable... And sorry, I didn't read all of your first post - I clicked the link and then read from there....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Winners have been posted and trophies awarded to individual pets! Congrats, Daze!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, congrats, Daze! (I see you won in the Trick or Treat round. Nice costume!)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next