Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Previously we had to have 1047. I am very glad about the 300 score. I still hate this game SO MUCH. Thankfully, I guess after having to get that 1047, I got a little better at this game, so I got it on the second try. SO GLAD this one is done! (Ironically enough, my kids love this game for some reason.)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Meepit Juice Break today. Nice and easy. Love this game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Definitely easy today. I quit after I realized I'd passed the score. Too much going on to spend time today. Ugh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Because my HS's on this account are mostly based on AAA's scores in the past couple of years, I thought this would be harder than it was. This game stresses me out on later levels, so I thought I'd see how long it takes to get it in zen mode (by getting 50 points, then multiplying by 28). The answer was over 3 hours, so I quit that and of course got it easily on my first game! :D You can get the score without having to play the stressful levels, or even worry very much about matching colors (I did two at a time to get it over with faster, and tried to match at least one color).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Catching up...
Sophie's Stew - I completely blew it on the day of (as per my previous post). I had too much to do that day and put it off until about 11:20pm NST. Big mistake for a couple reasons. 1 - I stink that this game, and 2 - the Neopets site was both laggy and down. When I did manage it, the score didn't stick. Not the end of the world. I managed it the next day during lunch in several tries. I had a good luck run where the Droolik dropped lives most of the time and the Meoclops ate 80% of my dropped items. All good now.

Barf Boat - I actually do not despise this game as others do. I find if I focus on one PetPet and only one PetPet, I can last a long time. All else takes care of itself. Just keep one PetPet alive and centered, away from bombs (the space bar reminder was awesome, Daze - thanks!). The space bar can also help if your one PetPet is just about to go over the edge - quickly turn the boat and jump. Works most of the time to just stay on the boat. Finished this one on day-of and claimed the stamp.

Today - Meepit Juice Break - I like this one in the early levels. AAA's score last year was insane. This year was perfect. One and done. Like Pickles, once I got 1402, I just let it coast until the last meepit fell off the limb. Hmm. Come to think of it, I did not use the "meepits" code for an extra life or "juice-o-matic" to reset the timers. Do not care. Today is done and on time!

Interestingly, I played MJB shortly after 00:05 NST. After submitting my score, I went back to the main DD page and the tiles for Day 9 thru 13 were wrong. I clearly recall day 11 saying Pterattack, but not what all of the others said. I should have done a screen grab, but going to bed sounded much better ;)

ETA: Doing it again tonight. Grabbed it...

ETA2: Hassee Bounce. Easy Peasy :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Another easy day!

A bit weird Blue! It was probably just a cache error. TNT have been having server errors, so it may have picked up an older version while it was lagging. I can't wait until the site is completely redone. The down time and lagging is very tiring to work through.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Easy, even with the really bad run I had. I think it gave me maybe one decent doughnutfruit the whole time? Ugh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My first game was 195; I've never had so many awful dungs appear right on top of doughnuts before, and the best rare doughnut I got was a blue! And only a single HASEE spelled out, too.

The second game made up for it: two Ollie's and a double-flaming got me to 184 just before I had to use the doughnutfruit code, and then I managed my double-time all-purple HASEE. No more decent doughnuts, but that was fine. Easy teasy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh. Carnival of Terror. 500... Traveling. Not good. What to do. Not sure I'll have the time on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

437 on first game. Not *too* bad.

Piecrust = ammo
Custard = health
Now if only there was one for time...

Edit: 501 on my third game. Remembered to challenge AAA, went back, sent score... went back... and the challenge glitched. #@*$#*#$)#$#\ (Seriously, I clicked "Challenge AAA" and the "Accept" button, so no idea what happened... The page kind of reloaded, showing the challenger, so I clicked to the other screen without noticing.)

So then I made sure the challenge worked, but I'm stressed because I have to leave for work, and of course it's 489, 498... *sigh* Guess I'm bringing my laptop to work. Really didn't want to do that. I 'd better get AAA's score again!

Edit: They finally fixed it around 10:00am NST. I was able to send the prepared score and get the two prizes. Phew.
I get it first try at work, send the score, because the challenge definitely worked (it's showing on the page)... refresh, and no challenge! what the heck? :x

Sent a ticket, but I'm incredibly frustrated. Chrome and Win10 both updated last night, but I can't undo that, and anyone, it should work! I won't get home until bedtime tonight, and I got up early specifically to get this out of the way early. Ugh.

Plus, I loathe this game. Triple ugh.

:lol: at the filter. Seriously, you ignore multiple complaints about a signature using what others say is the most offensive cussword in their culture, because it's no big deal in yours, but you censor an acronym that others could substitute their preferred word for the cussword (and which, ironically, I actually usually do)? Okay, Kym... I mean, fudge isn't a cussword... It's yummy deliciousness! But the laugh helps with the frustration.

Edit: It's not just me. Apparently it's been glitching since midnight NST. Oh, JS, can you ever run an event smoothly? How the hades does a glitch like this even happen?! It really shouldn't be that hard.

Edit: apparently not everyone is glitched. After picking your challenger, you can refresh the page and see if the challenger "sticks" (after selecting, it will always show who you picked, glitched or not, so you have to refresh). If the challenger still shows up after refreshing, send away, and maybe sell that day-of prize for sweet profits.

Edit: I played again. I have a 545 primed and ready to go, if they fix the glitch before I finish work. At least I seem to be able to consistently beat AAA's score now? I recommend playing on large mode, focus on getting all the clocks and ammos you can, hit the pies that are easily reachable, and focus on actually destroying clowns (I aim for the head and double-click). I ignore the healths because with custard, I don't need them, even when I ignore some of the pies. Half the time I don't even need custard, so the health boxes just waste ammo, which is critical.

Edit: They finally fixed it! You should be able to challenge and send the score! Hopefully this doesn't become a daily occurrence.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Glad the glitching is fixed!

Nailed a 500 on the button my first game. It gave me no extra time, ugh. Played again just to actually *beat* the score and definitely did. Much better!

ETA:
Since the order for the last several seems to have been changed, here's what the boards are saying the new order is:
#16 (TEAM): Petpet Cannonball (2011:450)
#17: Jumpin' Gem Heist (2011:50,000)
#18: Gwyl's Great Escape (2012:890)
#19: Kiko Match II (2007:400 / 2008:700 / 2013:250 - Chadley)
#20: Nova Defender (2011:700,000 / 2018:225,000)
#21: Caves & Corridors (2018:1000)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Made yesterday's score with about an hour left in the day.

Today, I had a good run and got the score after about 2 hours of trying.

Thanks for the keeping us informed Siniri.

I am not feeling well again, so I went to bed early and also slept most of the day.
Only just made yesterday's game before reset. I usually love site events, but I am just not feeling it this time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Daze. I hope you feel better soon.

I managed to have a really good run on my fifth game and set a new high score. I found it easier to use a steeper angle, and then once I found the right power, all the petpets were fairly similar in terms of how much power I needed. Use cues like how much blue is between the petpet and the boat, or the petpet's head and the left side, because the launcher's species changes, and they're not a good cue.

Blue, I accepted your challenge! The team prize is a book, so hopefully you make it in time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Took two runs before I got into the swing of it. Didn't come near my high score, but it was enough to be AAA. If they'd put the score up higher, I think I might've been more worried.

Daze, hope you feel better soon!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Done and Done! Managed to finish Carnival of Terror with a new personal high score with about 30 minutes left in the day. I did update my strategy after ending up with multiple scores around 488... I was doing the double-click head-shot, but changed my strategy to shooting off the arm first, then the double head-shot. It nearly doubles the point value of the kill with less ammo used. That, coupled with piecrust made it a lot easier to meet the score.

Just finished PetPet Cannonball with a new personal high as well. Thanks Siniri for accepting the challenge!

Done and back on track :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next