Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legends & Letters
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I mean, I regret it a bit, but right now I can beat most bad guys on all the hardest levels in a single turn, so... I don't really need double Iscas. It was more just a note in case anyone else gets doubles, to slow down and be more thoughtful before burning the second.

My fourth disappeared, but I immediately logged out and back in, and it reappeared with (I think) the last new-to-me quest (making more than one word at a time for 5 turns - which, unless I'm making a seven-letter word, as long as it's not the first turn, I always do). Ugh. I've been stuck with 2 5-gold ones for a while, which was fine when I had 5 quests, but not so great when it went down to 4 quests. Especially since the new one was only 7-gold, so now I'm at 37 gold/quest cycle if they stay the same. I'm hoping they change up a bit next time!

34/12 hours is awful. I was stuck for nearly a week with only one before mine finally reset with a system-update (at least that's what I assume the forced log-outs are). I really hope yours gets resolved sooner than later!

I wouldn't mind logging in and out so much if 1) it would let me change my pw to something reasonably short, 2) it actually remembered what I changed my pw to. After three times of it not accepting a pw I knew was 100% correct, I finally gave up and stopped changing it, so I'm using the horrible alphanumeric code they sent me, and I have to find it in my e-mail each time (which of course isn't my "real" e-mail, so I can only access it from my PC). I nearly have it memorized, but still... I had the same issue with Ghoul-catchers. Don't let people make a pw that's too long/whatever for your system, and don't have so many crazy requirements they end up having to make one too long! It shouldn't be this hard!

[/rant]

Edit: And I just checked and am somehow back to 5 quests. *shrugs* I'm glad. I just wish they wouldn't disappear...

Edit again: Finally filled a gold chest! Here's what's inside (48 items, wow!): 12 gems, 800 gold, 4 common, 2 rare, and 10 of each potion. And it takes 350 to fill (vs. 150 of silver? or was it 250?). If it's 150, you're better off keeping silver.

Spoilering the old content for lack of relevance.

I finally got another Thogrin yesterday! And then in the afternoon I got *another* Thogrin! And I just opened my second gold chest and got the illusive 3*L korbat defender from one of my rare tokens! I think JS must have changed the odds, because I went a very long time without receiving any of them.

Thanks to having a few cards saved for training, I managed to get one Thogrin ascended to level 3 and the other ready to ascend to 3 (just need 2 1*L's to ascend the 2 required 2*L's, which are already leveled and ready to go). I need more lightnings for the Korbat defender.

I was actually planning on sitting on them for a while, anyway, because I wasn't sure whether I wanted to ascend my Shoyru or Thogrin first. The Shoyru is much stronger at 3*L30. And if they're actually handing out the Korbat defender now, I probably don't want to "waste" the Thogrins to ascend things only to 4*, but rather save them for when I ascend the Shoyru to 5*.

My guys are strong enough I can make it through Maraqua level 18 in 2-4 turns only, and since that one gives out 1-4 chests (average probably = 3), I've just been playing that one over and over. (It would be a consistent 2 turns if I had stronger party members, but I've got the Maraquan Lancer and Frostbite with Isca + my leaders so that I automatically complete the "rare" and "common" quests when I get them. Of course I just had a new quest that required me to win 3 battles with only my leader - a feat that will be much easier once my Shoyru is maxed. I wish we could have more than 5 parties; I need more space to save all the cards I don't want to accidentally use/sell now!)

I also have enough gems finally for another new leader. I would be able to ascend a water one to 5* very quickly, but I don't know if there's a water one worth ascending that high.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Saw this in the news today...
Quote:
A NEW Legends & Letters update has graced the Google Play and iOS app stores. Wander into the Lost Desert of 60 new levels, 40 brand-new allies and enemies to defeat! Be careful who you call friend...

Maybe someday, I'll actually download it and start playing it. Maybe. Someday.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Edit: Pickles, if you want to see a continuation of the "plot" (yes, it needs air quotes), you should download the game. (You'll have to work your way up to the LD first...)

Oh, haha, I didn't notice the new levels had opened up! You'd have thought it'd have shown me that part of the map... Might have helped. (Or not. I don't have it. Logging out to see whether I can force the update.... and Nope. But I wandered into the app store and was able to start the update there. First time I've had to do that vs. the app auto-updating for me... Anyway, it worked, but I went from 25 completed quests to 4. Fingers crossed I didn't lose any of my "work" in fulfilling some of them!)

My third gold chest only had 1 rare token and 2 common tokens, like a silver chest. If you're going to make me get 350 coins before filling it, at least give me *something* extra, JS! But I got another Korbat defender, so I'm happy. And then I got another Swordmaster Talek (the 4* lightning I wasn't sure I wanted to keep). That means I have 2 3* lightnings and 3-4 excess 4* lightnings as of this moment (though not ascended to their maxes (I need some 2* lightnings, lol). I plan to ascend my Shoyru before Thogrin.

I'm sitting fairly pretty for the new world:
Ixi 4*L40 (hopefully there are some 4* earths available now...)
Shoyru 3*L30 (will ascend to 4* as soon as I get 2 2* lightnings to ascend my 2nd 3*L to 3* from 2*L15, and then level up the Shoyru as I wait for more 3* lightnings to ascend the 4* lightnings to their final *; one is already at the max level on 3*, but another has to be leveled up, too)
Isca 5*L50 (so strong! her every-round attack is stronger than my other guys' special attacks)
Thogrin 3*L30 (will wait to ascend him to 4* until after I get Shoyru up to 5*)
Lady Frostbite 3*L30 (using as a rare for a quest, but could probably replace)
Maraquan Lancer 2*L15 (for the common quest)
Shoyru Archer 3*L30 (is he better than Frostbite?)
Swordmaster Talek (3*L6 - not sure whether I want to keep him...)
Karpoh 4*L1 and 2 2*L2s (not sure I want to keep any; I'm set for ascending a water card to 5*, though)

Right now I can handily beat any of the Maraqua levels on hard with one of my leaders + Isca + Lancer + Frostbite. It'll be interesting to see what new cards are available in the LD...

It seems like there are new quests, too - I've been getting a ton that are new-to-me and having to actually beat them. I was stuck on 2 5-coin ones, 1 7-coin one, 1 10-coin one, and 1 20-coin one for a couple of days, so I'm glad to see that one of the new ones gave 40 coins. (It required me to beat 20 rare enemies; you get 5 rares/level 18 Maraqua, so it was fairly quick.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have so much to update on my game, but I have been unwell and with a few RL problems keeping me away from the game.

I just found out about the update, as my phone did not have it, I had to look for it.

~~~~
Before I forget, before the update, I managed to get an Isca as a rare card from the Silver Chest!! :)
My quests finally went from 3 back to 5 after frantically logging out and back in multiple times while doing the quests.
~~~~~
Now to see this new update!!

New Land - LOST DESERT.
60 new levels.
40 new characters to collect.

Legends & Letters
Lootbox Drop Rates

Just a quick observation on the new levels: Enemies can now attack before we have our go.

I like the new animations that go with the attacks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I hope you're feeling better, Daze. Congrats on the Isca!

The game is so laggy now that everyone's trying to play the new levels. I'm working my way through hard. I've been getting plenty of cards to ascend things, but I need to keep clearing them to actually level things now! I should really switch back to playing L18 Maraqua on hard just to level more efficiently... I will once I've beaten LD on hard, though, lol!

I've gotten another extra Talek, so now I have enough extras to keep one each of Thogrin and Talek and max-ascend both my Shoyru and Thogrin (the LD is dropping plenty of rare lightnings... now if I could just get some epic earths to ascend my Ixi...). I'm kind of all over the place, just ascending/leveling whoever I've got the cards for, since I'm still handily beating all the levels.

They seem to have added new quests. I keep getting lots of new-to-me ones.

I might consider adding another leader at some point, once I've gotten Thogrin, Isca, and the Shoyru maxed out. Looking at that drop chart, I guess some of the hero cards listed on JN are no longer available? (jacques scrap bloodhook hannah kelpbeard garin caylis, unless they're dropped on one of the levels and I just haven't noticed yet...)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Bonus Chests have changed. Silver needs 250 coins and going by a post on the L&L board, you don't always get a rare summons token.

I am still putting together quests and I have noticed a few new ones as well.

I have finished all the new levels. My Partys had no difficulty with the levels.

I wanted to see how difficult the levels were, so I didn't use any healing potions, and on a few of the hard levels on LD, 2 or 3 characters died but my Leader and at least 1 other character always made it through.

I have been working on a new guide for the game, and I now with the update it has made it harder to put it together.
I am just finishing off a comparison chart for Leaders, which I think in this new format will be easier to decide which Leader is better for your style of play.

Thank you for the kind thoughts Siniri.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, gold needs 500 now. And like I said, last time (pre-update) I only got 1 rare token and 2 commons. Worse, my quests keep poofing instead of appearing when the timer ticks down. I'm down to two. They have been coming back at random times without me needing to log out, but I've only collected about 4 today instead of my usual 10. So frustrating.

I've also finished all the levels now. And I noticed chest "8/9" was available for me to collect on the map page. Of course, I didn't notice to collect chests 6 or 7, so I might have missed those... They constantly have a giant flashing red number to collect quests that aren't actually ready for collecting, and yet the rare chests you only collect 8 times in the months since the games been out, they give the tiniest writing in the same color scheme so that you don't notice it...

I look forward to your leader comparison chart. I've gotten a couple more epic heroes in LD hard mode, but they were still lightning and water, which doesn't help me ascend my earth Ixi. I could probably get an Aisha now that lightnings are being handed out like candy, but it's very similar to the Shoyru. I'd love to check out my other options.

Edit: Finally filled another gold chest. Inside - only 8 items!: 25 gems, 12 gems, 800 coins, heal-all potion x2, common summons token x2, rare summons token x1. Um, gee, thanks. At 500 tokens, meh. I'm not going to worry about how often I do quests.

Edit: Just noticed my new chest is almost full and realized it's a bronze chest! Hopefully I can get back to a silver at least fairly quickly for the chance of a rare token.

Edit: Yeah, new one's a silver. Guess it's intentional. Can't say I mind.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

When I turned in my silver chest, I upgraded to gold. I have to laugh really. I had the bronze chest for months, only managed to redeem 3 silvers (the last one with the new update had less items), and now I have gold. The randomness of this is frustrating.

With the new update, Silver Chest at 250 (used to be 150) tokens contained:
800 gold
400 gold
25 gems
3 common summons
2 heal potions

That is definitely not a silver worth having.

It still seems that the quests are filling up in the background. The new update removed my 32 filled quests, but I am up to 3 at the moment.

The way the quests work is weird. Sometimes they disappear but if I log out/in, I will get them back and usually the ones that have already been fulfilled.

That little purple chest is weird as well. I had no idea what it represented until just recently. I think I received all my chests, I am 9/11 but it is hard to notice it when it is ready.

I received a Princess Vyssa and a Swordmaster Talek today. This means I can start leveling/ascending cards to ascend my Lightning Leader.
It is also now possible to ascend an Earth Leader to 5* with the addition of a 4* Earth card - General Dacon.

I am really struggling at the moment to clarify my thoughts on the guide I am putting together. I might have to dial down what I was going to do. I enjoy using my brain and doing guides, but this one (especially with multiple updates) has me re-doing all my work. But I at least hope to get the Leader guide up by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay for being able to ascend my Ixi finally! I'm still working on leveling up my Shoyru, Thogrin, and... I have no idea who else I even want at this point. Do you know what levels I can find General Dacon on?

My silver was replaced with a gold, so I guess we're cycling through them now. I do have way too many of each potion, so I can see scaling back on those, but considering the best cards are still rare off the rare token... I feel like getting 1/silver and 2/gold is not that much.

Maybe the purple chest fills up each week you play? Maybe you have to play every day to fill it? I'm pretty sure I didn't collect it except maybe 2-3 times... *shrugs*

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

NEW UPDATE 1.5.0
Tutorial Enhancement.
Improved Ad Based Rewards.
Bug Fixes.

~~~~~

Going by the loot boxes, General Macon is available from level 14 - 20 on Easy, Medium and Hard in Lost Desert.

I think you might be right about cycling through bronze, silver, gold bonus chests. I redeemed my gold and I went back to bronze.
I just redeemed my bronze and went to Silver.
The amount of powers we got previously was ridiculous. I have over 400 of each piled up.

The L&L board suggests that the purple chest is suppose to award you for each level you finish.
Each land so far has 3 levels, so only 9 levels achievable, so I don't know why it is 9/11.
I think most of us were 5/5 when we finished KI and Maraqua.
I have read on the boards that the counter isn't working for some as they are reading different numbers even after finishing all levels. o_O

It is just like JS to not give us any idea what things in the game mean.

New Bonus Chest Rewards:

Bronze - 100 tokens
5 Gems
12 Gems
500 coins
2 Common Summons

Silver - 250 tokens
25 Gems
800 Coins
400 Coins
3 Common Summons
2 Heal Potions

Gold - 500 tokens
12 Gems
25 Gems
800 Coins
2 Common Summons
1 Rare Summons
2 Heal All Potions

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, my purple chest says 8/9, even though I've clearly beaten all levels. And by not realizing and clicking on the purple chests, did I miss out on the prizes? It doesn't flash or anything. Oh, well. It's not like I need any prizes, anyway. I can defeat all the current levels pretty handily, and there's no "coming soon" land that I can see. I have a feeling this game will be like Ghoul Catchers - updated for a little while and then abandoned. (I do enjoy it more than GC, though GC is actually connected to our Neopets account...)

I'll be much more judicious with my use of potions from now on (not that I wasn't before, but I have to remember that my massive inventory won't replenish itself once defeated...).

Edit: I just had two new-to-me quests to deafeat 25 common enemies and make 20 words of 3 letters. I decided to combine them using the easiest few levels of KI on hard. It was still too easy, so I decided to use only my leader (a quest I haven't had in a while). Even making only one three-letter word per turn, I was still able to survive without ever remotely needing potions. And my shoyru isn't even maxed out on level yet!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just maxed out my Vandagyre (water) Leader. Still have an earth and lightning to go (both on 40).

Won a Nabile 4* Water from LD Hard 19.
I am keeping her, but wont be doing anything with the card until I have my Leaders and current Legendaries maxed.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've won so many 4* cards in the LD, but I haven't looked to see who's worth keeping. I really should uninstall this game, but I've been better about limiting my time on it lately.

Edit: I've got my Shoyru, Thogrin, and Isca maxed out, as well as Lady Frostbite (rare) and Maraquan Lancer (common) for quests. Are any of the new common or rare ones significantly better than either of those, though? I've also got a Shoyru Archer (maxed) and Maraquan Grand Commander (3*L12) as alternate rares.

My Ixi is at 5*L1. I'll probably focus on maxing her out next.

Current party members (maxed attack and special):
Isca at 5*L50 (5664 attack, heal-all 5764/CD=4)
Shoyru at 5*L50 (4386 attack, damage-all 5802 +917 temp-damage for 2 rounds/CD=4)
Thogrin at 4*L40 (2392 attack, damage-all 2232/CD=3, L)
Ixi at 5*L1 (2398 attack, heal-all 2548 +310 temp-health-all for 2 rounds/CD=4)
Frostbite (1424 attack, damage-all 1691/CD=4, W)
Lancer (1104 attack, damage-one 1580/CD=4, W)

Rare cards (maxed attack and special):
Maraquan Grand Commander (1698 attack, damage-one 2188/CD=3, W)
Shoyru Archer (1580 attack, damage-one 2108/CD=3, E)

Epic cards (maxed attack and special):
Nightsteed at 1*L6 (2580 attack, damage-one 3308/CD=3, F)
General Dacon at 1*L4 (2392 attack, damage-one 3090/CD=3)
Talek at 2*L3 (2194 attack, damage-one 2488/CD=3)
Words of Antiquity Keeper at 1*L8 (1530 attack, damage-one 1758/CD=3)
Karpoh at 4*L17 (1448 attack, damage-one 2010/CD=4)
Tomos at 1*L6 (?, damage-one ?/CD=3)
Princess Vyssa at 1*L7 (3764 attack, heal-one 3914/CD=4)
Nabile at 1*L6 (? attack, heal-one ?/CD=4)

It looks like I could substitute the Maraquan Grand Commander for Frostbite and Nightsteed for Thogrin and get a little more oomph per round. Right now I'm playing LD level 18 on hard (good cards, few rounds), which has 3E and 1W for the first wave and 4L for the second wave.

W is strong vs. E and weak vs. F; it takes more damage from L and less from F. E is strong vs. F and weak vs. L; it takes more damage from W and less damage from L. So Maraquan Grand Commander is a no-brainer substitution for Frostbite (who nearly always dies before using her special attack), while Archer would be weak against the entire second wave.

L is strong vs. W and weak vs. E; it takes more damage from F and less damage from E, so Thogrin is less helpful in the first wave. F is strong vs. L and weak vs. W; it takes more damage from E and less from W. As long as the Nightsteed could survive the first wave, he'd be significantly more helpful vs. the second wave and less weakened than Thogrin in the first. I sometimes save Thogrin for the beginning of the second wave to help attack all, but I think attacking one significantly in that wave would still help me clear the wave sooner. Nightsteed is worth trying, at least...

I also have enough gems for 2 new leaders, but I'm holding off on that until I get my current cards sorted. I need to do a similar analysis for the common cards (and the new rares), but for now, I'm just going to focus on leveling up my Ixi, Maraquan Grand Commander, and Nightsteed. Maybe by then, they'll have changed the special to something new (and worthwhile). There's no point in buying duplicates of clothes when you can dress multiple pets in the same clothes...

I haven't played other than to sometimes collect my timed chests since CC started. Today, I'm playing again, and they seem to have messed up the dictionary. They no longer have jeep(s), jeer(s), or even peer(s). What the heck is going on?!

Also no longer allowed: reps, pees, per, seer, see, re... Um, how am I supposed to make a word if there are no legit words anymore?

Edit: Checked in the play store. No new updates since May 3rd, which I apparently already have.

I restarted it. There are words! Turk is a word. Re is a word again. So weird. And a waste of 5 energy. I'm assuming it somehow forgot to load/access the dictionary or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

NEW UPDATE - VERSION 6.1.0

L&L Video Update
This is a very different update. It is like a new game!!

Claymaker's Monsters
The Claymaker's Monsters have arrived to Neopia!
Battle these fierce new enemies and collect ascension elements, high-level characters, gems & more!
Ascension characters will now be available in higher star levels and can be used instead of regular characters.

New Ascension materials - 16 ascension characters and ascension stones.
New loading animation
New level selection design
Power-up tutorial
Skip button now available
Bug fixes & optimizations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The monsters are on a timer.

Magmavipor - 7 days
Skellectrus - ??
Maelstromo - ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You need monster keys to battle the monsters.
The monster keys stack up if you don't use them.
You can 10 'free' keys each time a monster is available. If you miss the monster or choose not to fight it, the keys will remain. When the next monster arrives, you get another 10 keys.

I started with 20/10, as the game didn't update for me straight away and the first monster was on a short timer.

If you only use your party it costs 3 keys, but if you add a friend it costs an extra 2, making a total of 5 keys.
I have had no problems winning with just my party.

You win ascension stones - they are recorded on any card that can be ascended.

* Ascension Stones are an additional fee now charged to ascend cards.
You still need the correct cards and gold to ascend as well as the correct amount of stones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It wasn't clear whether the ranks reset for each monster, so I bought a few keys and maxed out against this guy. He did get a little harder with time, but still easily beaten.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next