Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Features in Neopia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Haha, I knew it! We should have started a pool about when it will release.

I'll pick St. Patrick's Day (3/17). 2022... Nah, just kidding. I'll keep it to 2019.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Legends and Letters has its own board (#45)

Legends and Letters Board

A very interesting AMA 2018 with Snarkie where she talks about the shelved idea of making a Neopets mobile App during the Nickelodeon days.

Taken from a bigger Ask Snarkie website. Very interesting!!

Ask Snarkie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Is there an announcement somewhere listing which regions actually have the game already?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TNT have not (so far) listed countries but just keep an eye on Board 7 (Site Events) and now Board 45 (L&L). People posted as soon as they downloaded the App.

From TNT on Board 45:
Quote:
There is a roll out plan that is in place for feedback and testing. We will be adding more locations in the coming releases, which will likely be every few weeks.

We plan on being world wide in a couple months and can share more exact details as we get closer.

First release: Singapore - Android users.

NEW NEWS:

February 7
SECRET NEOPIAN NEWS: We are working on some pretty awesome things for the future of Neopia. We want to hear feeback from you. So, in your perfect Neopian world, which style of Aisha would you prefer? Let us know! Submit your vote to the poll and even add comments if you'd like! You have until the 13th of February to vote. Spread the word and get to voting.

From the Site Event Board:
Quote:
Hi friends! Scrappy here, I want to clear up a bit of your confusion.

This was a question of which of these styles/poses you guys prefer that will guide us in upcoming projects outside of the site. Our main goal was to see how you guys responded to somewhat non conventional poses for Neopets.

It does not relate to UCs in anyway (sorry to burst some of those nostalgic bubbles)

-Scrappy

Legends & Letters available in Australia.
I downloaded it through the Appstore and can be used with BlueStacks (emulator)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats, Daze! Will love to hear what you think. I don't even quite understand what it is - is this the mobile version of the site? A new Ghoulkeepers-style game? A totally different game?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Congrats, Daze! Will love to hear what you think. I don't even quite understand what it is - is this the mobile version of the site? A new Ghoulkeepers-style game? A totally different game?

It's a stand alone game. A cross between scrabble and fighting (sort of like NQII). You get to choose a main character, and then you win cards that you keep to level up, sell for gold (it is hard to make in the game) or sacrifice them to level up your own characters (sounds confusing but it isn't).

You need to level up your chosen character cards to make them stronger.

You use your Neopets account to login but at this point you can't sync the two.

I have taken screenshots of all the main areas, with a small explanation that I can upload here.

Just on the boards now, more areas are getting the app, so hopefully it wont be long for you all.

I like it a lot. The style gives a little more to do than just making points in a game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I like that it incorporates a word game - but then again, I'm a native English speaker. Depending on the style of the game, a Scrabble dictionary could help.

There was a word game in the last DD (or maybe GMC?), and even my French-Canadian friends who are near-fluent in English really struggled and couldn't make AAA's score.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Even though Legends & Letters is a word game, it isn't dependent on making large or complicated words.
I don't think anyone will have difficulty with this part, mainly due to the unique scoring system it employs.

EDIT:

The Godori game avatar seems to be active and available. Someone on the Site Events board has it. It was awarded while they were playing.

(Win 250 hands).

Hopefully this means JS will continue to release all the unused items that must be stored away.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daze wrote:

(Win 250 hands).

I have a hate-hate relationship with Godori right now. (250 hands to win is a LOT, ugh. I doubt I'll play this game again once I finally get the avvie!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh. My game record got reset. When are they wiped? I played after Daze posted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Ugh. My game record got reset. When are they wiped? I played after Daze posted.

I believe it's by the calendar month. It's my goal on Neo, to get it done and taken care of before the end of this month, because it's a relatively easy avvie to get, it just takes so much time.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I find it pretty quick to win 10 hands, and you'd be done in 25 days. (Of course, you don't have 25 days left in the month if you start today, so you'd have to double up a few days.)

I actually quite like Godori, though I can't really figure out the scoring. Basically, I aim for the lands with * cards and winged pets, and then my priority is to snatch matches I have 2 cards of (because if I get double-dealt, I'm still guaranteed to win them, plus it's less likely), and hold onto any "safe" matches (ones I have all the remaining cards for) to use when I don't have a match. It seems like a decent strategy, since I win 80-95% of hands.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heads up on CC2019:
editorial wrote:
Hi. I'm really excited about the new Charity Corner perks which were recently announced for 2019! :) I was wondering: Can each perk be chosen more than once, as long as I have enough points? I hope so. Lots of people had leftover points last year because each perk could only be used once.~~
In order to keep the perk shop balanced, we will be restricting the maximum number of times certain perks can be applied. We will also provide a preview of the perk shop during the event to discourage players from earning more points than they're interested in spending this year.

Hey Jade! throws pizza on roof Lately there have been a lot of rumors going around about an upcoming Charity Corner event. Can we get a couple hints about which perks we might see or when the event might happen? We're all eager to find out whatever information we can. Thanks!~~1337_masta
Some of the perks we're hoping to make happen are Food Club powerups, increasing the BD prize drop limit, reducing training time for a short period, increasing the likelihood of getting a rare avatar, and increasing the trading post limit. We're also looking at using some of the existing Obelisk War perks, and we will be doing a lot of last year's perks again. One perk that we were hoping to bring to you is UC pets, but after a detailed discussion we deemed that there were too many complications to attempt it. TL;DR - UC is not happening. P.S. We're also adding a very very very teeny tiny miniscule chance that you will get a high-rarity item drop when you redeem your points, just for the fun of it.

And on Site Updates:
editorial wrote:
Heya TNT. I was really happy to read about the HTML5 updates, but do you also have anything planned in regards to site security, like implementing HTTPS? Thanks!~~frederick_lindo
Site security such as implementing HTTPS is a high priority for us, and you can expect to see these changes gradually alongside other feature updates we release. We are already in the process of doing this, but the flash content on many pages is preventing us from doing a site-wide update.​

I read the latest editorial and am a bit confuse. Is the site going to go just mobile in the future? If so could you please let us know now. I do not play games on my phone due to my eyesite so would like to start closing sides and main and sending everything to kids and neofriends if it is. Thanks.~~ladymouse04
The site will continue to exist online - we are working on creating a site that is as simple and convenient to navigate on mobiles as it is on web browsers. (Actually, I think we all agree the site isn’t very convenient to navigate on web browsers either - we’re working on that too)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
In order to keep the perk shop balanced, we will be restricting the maximum number of times certain perks can be applied. We will also provide a preview of the perk shop during the event to discourage players from earning more points than they're interested in spending this year.

I think JS is slowly learning!!
I don't mind this for the CC, but I hope it isn't going to be the norm for all events, especially plots.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

HTT is on the Site Event Board today.

An interesting post:

Quote:
Punchbag Sid may make an appearance in the not too distant future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next