Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GMC 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 5 was even easier!! All but 1 score was under my highest.

A collectable charm and a new petpet are available as prizes.

HEADS UP: Magic Gridlock Gun has been nerfed, losing 1 of each icon to make it a 14 icon weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm still not sure why everyone has trouble with Zurroball. I've got a decently fast computer, and have no problems with it. (And frequently play it for extra NPs, as the ratio tends to be pretty good.)

Quote:
Keep it Focused
Reach a score of 500 or greater playing Mutant Graveyard of Doom II and a score of 750 or better playing Moon Rock Rampage.

Blob It In The Vat
Reach a score of 400 or greater playing Freaky Factory.

Desert Flight
Reach a score of 1500 or greater playing The Great Qasalan Caper.

Hit It!
Reach a score of 50 or greater playing Ultimate Bullseye II.

Took me two plays through Great Qasalan Caper, but I more than made it the second time. Tally ho.
ImageMoon Rock Albert Charm
ImagePaint Blob Slushie
ImageDesert Lyins
ImageSloth Bullseye Board

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I'm left-handed, and that kind of hair-trigger accuracy required for Zurroball just isn't possible with my right hand - and I can't use a mouse with my left hand because I've always used it with my right hand. That's my excuse, at least... For most games, using my non-dominant hand doesn't matter, but for some, it does seem to make a difference.

Today's scores were all under (or well under) my high scores.

Huh. So we had The Great Desert Race (240) instead of Qasalan Caper, and NEBB (550) instead of UB2. I had to replay NEBB once because I didn't really remember how to play it. I figured out the controls again during the first game and set a new high score of 1335 in my second play.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Not a bad day today for me, either. I thought Qualan Caper would give me problems since my high score going in was only 580. Somehow got into a zone in 3rd game and managed 1,684! I also got into a zone for Mutant Graveyard of Doom II and managed to cruise through multiple levels. UBII was not quite a gimme at 50 since it took a few games to get there. I am not at all consistent with that one.

Regarding Zurroball... @Pickles, what ball do you use? I cannot seem to get a groove with any of them. It could be that my wireless mouse is a little laggy. I am not so certain that it responds as fast to clicks as my old wired mouse. That mini-lag might be part of the problem, especially if it is not consistent.

ETA: It is currently 12:18am NST. No update on GMC2018... Grrr. I was hoping to beat a couple before bed since I will be traveling all day tomorrow.

ETA2: Finally updated when I checked at 12:29a...

Raiders:
Faerie Cloud Racers - 200 min score
Goparokko - 2700 min score
Itchy Invasion - 500 min score

ETA3: 12:51a NST and done! Woo hoo! Now I can travel without worrying about gold checks today. (Not that it matters, considering I have a green check on day one)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Eye of the Storm (2500) and Rink Runner (40) were "gimmes," too. I don't have time to try Itchy Invasion before work, but it's the same score as it is for the Raiders. My hs on this account is only 219, but I suspect that's due to a previous GMC or DD requirement - they're the only time I play that game. I remember one DD where Blue and I both struggled on this one, and since he says it's a "gimme," fingers crossed that one will be for me, too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Easy scores today. Didn't really try hard on any of them, and sent as soon as I got to the score.

Prizes:
ImageCyodrakes Gaze Cookie
ImageGoparokko Ice Sculpture
ImageAnti Itch Oil

Blue wrote:
Regarding Zurroball... @Pickles, what ball do you use? I cannot seem to get a groove with any of them. It could be that my wireless mouse is a little laggy. I am not so certain that it responds as fast to clicks as my old wired mouse. That mini-lag might be part of the problem, especially if it is not consistent.
I use the energy ball as it seems to be the "lightest" one, and thus bounces back up higher in between clicks, giving more time between clicks.
Back in the day when game ratios didn't change every month, you had to score a 334 to get 1k. I used to play this one 3x a day for that 3k.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

First itchy invasion game was 360. I tried playing on best quality and the largest game size as JN's guide suggested. Going to try my usual method of smallest/lowest quality instead.

Edit: 497. I hate this game so much. Like zurroball, it just requires a bit too much precision for my non-dominant hand to handle. Especially since the corded replacement mouse I bought is pretty crappy (I refuse to buy one that needs batteries, because environment, but you can't get good quality corded ones at regular stores anymore - I had to go to three different stores just to find one).

Last edited by Siniri on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Eye of the Storm (2500) and Rink Runner (40) were "gimmes," too. I don't have time to try Itchy Invasion before work, but it's the same score as it is for the Raiders. My hs on this account is only 219, but I suspect that's due to a previous GMC or DD requirement - they're the only time I play that game. I remember one DD where Blue and I both struggled on this one, and since he says it's a "gimme," fingers crossed that one will be for me, too.

Itchy Invasion is not a gimme. Play it on the slowest computer you can find.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I only have the one (the new-this-year laptop). I just got it at 562, the second time I was able to beat level 3. I just had to stay calm but also warm up my hand enough. I played this video (muted) in the background on HD, but it ended during the last game, ironically, and didn't seem to make any difference, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 7. Easy day again. Although Shenkuu Warrior annoyed me.

And another cute petpet for a prize. But the 'send 50 game scores' prize is a book that was already available (given out in last years GMC).

There are 4 challenges but 5 locks on the progress page. TNT did not add the 'timed' challenge.

All gold checks here except for the missing challenge.

Last edited by Daze on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Today was easy-peasy for Raiders. All scores were super low... Ridiculously low compared to days 1 & 2. I had planned ahead enough that I needed only play 2 more qualifying games to meet the 50 requirement. Super great. Done and done for 2018. Sort of bummed about the green check on day 1, considering I missed it by about 5 or 10 minutes. Ah well.

Of note, one of today's gold check marks is actually a clock?

ETA: Ah, thanks Daze. Our posts were at the same time! You are correct - five items, four challenges. I guess I had better check back later today?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hi Blue! :)

It seems that they have left out the timed challenges for both Day 6 and Day 7. Day 6 was reduced to 3 games and the progress page reflected that (was the same last year) but today they have not removed the lock from the progress page.

Honestly, why is it so hard for the 'new' JS team to do theses events without such silly glitches?

EDIT:
The Expect A Broken Console challenge (send 50 scores) prize has now updated to Thick Glasses.
The Progress page is now updated and the extra challenge has been removed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh. There's a reason they created a SW2. The infinite lives thing is good and bad. This one will have to wait until later. Hopefully I'll have a decent chunk of time during work to finish that one. My high score is only 148. Send this game to the graveyard where it belongs!

The rest were easy peasy (though I haven't done the 50-game one yet - I always save that one for last).

Edit: Ugh. It's just awful. I don't know that I want to bother, except I've never failed to get all gold checks in GMC ever before. It's even worse on my new laptop. Come on, JS! At least play the dang games (on non-dinosaur machines) before choosing them. Sheesh!

Last edited by Siniri on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's was so easy it was almost insulting after all the harder challenges. :P

Prizes:
ImageThick Glasses
ImagePrincess Teranna Kookith
ImagePirate Evil Fuzzle Handheld
ImageNimmo Glass of Juice

The petpet IS adorable!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

At least I've passed level 1 again. I think I have to at least pass level 2, too, though... *sigh* (I came close before I had to leave for work, so fingers crossed I can actually succeed).

Edit: I discovered it's best to just click straight over head over and over and over again until you reach a screen that has everything lined up for you to reach the top. My tendinitis is acting up, but at least I passed level 2! Now I just need to get 33 feet on level 3. Using the same strategy... Fingers crossed!

Edit: 292. So close and yet so far... I can do it, though!

Edit: 330! Now to go get those 50 games! Woohoo! Only need 9 more...

Edit: I checked after 7 games and it turned out I"d miscounted and had already gotten to 50! All gold checks! My perfect GMC streak continues. Woohoo!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next