Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GMC 2018
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ugh. Not sure which side I would like to be one. Free time this year is next to non-existent. Biscuit Brigade is ok, but takes a lot of time. Piper Panic might be an issue for me today. My high score is 4,991. 5,500 likely requires the last level trickery.

Besides that, neither game will load because Opera hates the "new" advertisement at the start of the games. Bah.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, I'm using Bartdrunkeys Piper Panic video to try and get the score. Basically, I watch each level several times, try to memorize where I'm going, and then go for it. I think I would've had it if I hadn't seriously goofed level 9 just now. (I was only 90 points behind his score before I bombed level 9 and went the wrong way). Trying again.

Also, apparently you don't have to click on the actual basket, just the row/column in the direction you want to go.

ETA: *headdesk*
From JN's guide:
Quote:
Use the arrow keys rather than the mouse to control the game more quickly and efficiently

...I always thought you had to use the mouse. Sigh. Trying again with that tip. It might go much better now.

ETA2: Yep. Mouse stinks on this game. Why have I always thought otherwise? Using the video guide and watching each level over and over again worked. My high score is now 5938, over 1000 points higher than earlier today. Took some patience on my part, but...yeah. Made it. Whew.

Also, if you don't get the extra life on level 5, restart. You might have to reload the game entirely to get it to show back up - at least, I seemed to never get it again if I went past level 5 and bombed out and didn't reload the game.

Prizes:
ImageSnot Chocochips Biscuits
ImageCobrall Cannon
ImageSnow Ghostkerchief Plushie

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the link to the video, P. It at least showed that time is more important than gems. Still struggling with this one. It is clear that the extra life is required. I spent the last hour trying and never saw the ankh. Grr.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Thanks for the link to the video, P. It at least showed that time is more important than gems. Still struggling with this one. It is clear that the extra life is required. I spent the last hour trying and never saw the ankh. Grr.
I saw on the boards later this afternoon that I was correct in noticing the Ankh only appears once per game load. If you get past level 5 and have to restart, completely reload the game.

I also used to video to gauge how I was doing score wise by level. If I got too far behind, I restarted.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks again. One Ankh per load appears to be correct. I finally figured that out, too.

I finally managed to get 5,669 after spending far too much time spent on this game. I really hope the remainder of the GMC does not have ridiculously high scores like today. Yesterday's game was entirely my fault - I started too late and had never played the game before.

Searching for additional tips for this insane game, I stumbled across a Reddit thread ranting about the insane score requirements. I must agree; Last year was perhaps too easy but this year is ridiculously too hard.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 3 was so much easier today. My previous score for Slorgs in Space was well over the needed score and I was only around 50 points less than needed in Space Fungus.

Still all gold.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yes, today was a bit easier, though I spent a bit too much time having to repeat level 4 in Space Fungus until I finally got it. That game is so finicky. (Actually, I spent too much time spending more than minimums on FL games until I gave up and just sent the score. Those games are slow!)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have a serious loathing for Lost in Space Fungus. My previous high score is 509. I remember it being a nightmare to get. For some reason I hate this game so so so much. The others, no big deal. Sigh. I guess I'll be spending my afternoon trying to raise my score by 200 points.

ETA: Eeeked out a 702. I got lucky to get a NP bag that I could get to on my first ring on level 8, and it bumped me just over the needed score. Whew.

Prizes:
ImageStuck in Space
ImageDarigan Kacheek Action Figure
ImageMosaic Tiles Background

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Not a horrible day today... now that I am done. So glad it is done today :)

I thought Darigan Dodgeball would be the worst, but I had a surprisingly good game within 5 minutes of remembering how to survive. Lost in Space Fungus was not too bad, even though my prior High Score was 580. I am guessing that 550 was last year's target?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 4 done and dusted.

The Magic Gridlock Gun is a 21 icon weapon. Given out for playing 5 games. Honestly, did JS not learn their lesson during the Wraith Plot?
It would have been slightly better if it was a prize for a harder game, like the ones on Day 2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, JS, such a tease!
Quote:
Puzzle Over It!
Send scores in five different qualifying Action games.

I notice that I've already sent more than 5 action scores, of course, and yet don't have the achievement. Make sure you don't play all the games in any category or the achievement may glitch. Actually, I'm going to replay one of my action games to see if that will give you the achievement... And it did not! So be careful not to play all the games from any world/category. I think I'm not going to play any more extras right now just to be safe; before starting day 4, I'm already at 26 games. (The only exception is playing the games you guys already played on the other team, as long as they don't complete a category.)

Edit: Just adding Top Chop did not get me the achievement for the action game. Weird.

Also, has anyone on JS ever played Attack of the Gummy Dice? A score of 1k takes forever. It's really just not a fun game.

Edit 2: Actually, it wasn't too bad this time. Now I just need to figure out how many more action game scores I need to send for the achievement. I'm at 2 (including the repeat) for today.

Edit 3: Played action games from the Raiders' challenge. I got it on my fifth action game today, including the repeat, so that's good! And it looks like I dodged a Zurroball bullet today. That's my least favorite game ever, and the required score is much too high. Thanks, Brynn! All gold checks so far! (I'm confused about how the chocolate block relates to Zurroball. I'm liking these weird hybrid prizes so far...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Puzzle Over It!
Send scores in five different qualifying Puzzle games.

Bounce It Away!
Send a minimum score of 90 or higher playing Zurroball.

Pterrifying!
Send a minimum score of 1500 or higher playing Pterattack.

Easy peasy today. Got everything on the first run through. I do not regret not having to play AOTGD. At all. I mean, it's not like it's asking for a 2k score like those first AWFUL daily dares, but....I still loathe that game quite a bit. (Okay, being honest here, when I saw it was a game for Knights, I laughed. A LOT.)

Prizes:
ImageMagic Gridlock Gun
ImageChocolate Block
ImageStrawberry Pteri Gummy Dice

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Not Zurroball... no...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Haha, that's okay, P! I would have laughed at Zurroball except I remembered Blue was a Raider and that he hates it as much as I do...

Unlike day 2 where we both would have preferred each other's, I think we were both happier with our own challenges (again, except poor Blue). Blue, you managed Zurroball better than I did in DD, though, right? Maybe you can get it? I wonder how it would play on a smartphone with Puffin...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh. Managed to beat the ZB score. I loathe that game. It is impossible on a fast computer. Fire up the old 486 and that game is doable :P

For what it is worth, the game will play on Puffin, but it's next to impossible to play on a smartphone.

@Siniri - Thanks very much for the Puffin browser suggestion. I had not heard of that browser before, and based on the short excursion to try and play ZB, I liked it. It actually loaded the flash game with ease. However, it has its own ads that you cannot ignore. I am not so sure it is worth $4.99 of my hard-earned cash to eliminate the ads, especially considering that several reviews say the free version performs better than paid.

Also of note - I fixed my old Opera 12 so that it once again will play the flash games (without the annoying ad before the game). I needed to set the option for Opera to Identify as Internet Explorer. Done and done :) Now to get back to working on eliminating the new ad scheme...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next