Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: GMC 2018
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So I'm not sure I can keep up a first post for this (I will try if there's time), but I wanted to get this out there in case y'all hadn't see the PSA in the news:
Neopets News wrote:
Public Service Announcement
Now how do I get this thing to wor - oh! It's working! Ahem! Now, I know they said there won't be any news today, but this is Aristotle A. Avinroo here to remind all aspiring Game Masters to keep their finger splints at the ready, because my annual Games Master Challenge is to begin on the 23rd of November! Don't be late, for this year, I'm starting at the stroke of midnight, and day 1 of my challenge will only last 24 hours! Now excuse me, for I must get back to my game. See you there!

So....TNT is being VERY clear about how it's going to work this year, so don't count on extra time for day 1!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: GMC 2018
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Pickles! As usual, not thrilled with the timing, but I should know by know ;)

Good luck to all!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:15 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Happy Thanksgiving! And thanks for the info, P! You guys are my source for what's going on in Neopia, so I won't know if you don't tell me.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving! And thanks for the info, P! You guys are my source for what's going on in Neopia, so I won't know if you don't tell me.

I must admit the same. :oops:
If it were not for Pickles and Daze, I would miss out on a bunch of Neopian happenings!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:04 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Games Master Challenge - Knights vs. Raiders

http://www.neopets.com/games/gmc2018/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm joining Knights because I'm a Hufflepuff, not a Slytherin... Even though I suspect Raiders will win the challenge.

Now to see what the challenges are!

Here they are if they're going to impact which team you choose:
Quote:
These Are A Few of My Favourite Games!
Add five qualifying games to your Favourites List.

What's White, Furry and Eats Ice?
Send a minimum score of 3000 or higher playing Snowmuncher.

Should be easy enough. I'm sure you can find the Raiders challenges somewhere...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I joined the Raiders. Because Hanso. (Also, because I was part of the Thieves Guild originally) and got Raiders Gloves as my joining prize. Here's hoping I didn't pick the "puzzle" side, because I tend to do better with the action games.

Quote:
These Are A Few of My Favourite Games!
Add five qualifying games to your Favourites List.

Watch Out For That Vine!
Send a minimum score of 450 or higher playing Jungle Raiders.

My previous high score on the different game was in the low 300's. I played it through and more than doubled that.

Prizes:
ImageRed Heart Macaroons
Image Snow Twirly Fruit

I personally think these first two prizes were quite fitting. The first is obvious, the second is a nice blend of the two different games. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh. I didn't even notice that was Hanso. I would have joined his time; I can't stand Brynn. Oh, well... Guess I should have read the stuff at the top instead of just the team descriptions!

The daily prizes were the same. I don't even remember the game Jungle Raiders, but I have a high score of 217. I got a 485 my second time through, but that was stressful. I do better at puzzle games, so I guess I'm okay with Brynn.

Oh, and there are 7 days, so the last two days will be Wed. and Thurs. of next week - my longest work days, when I'm typically away from home for 15-16 hours. *sigh* At least I have times during work when I can get on the computer and play!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:17 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

LOL. Good thing I check here first :) Looks like I will go with Hanso as well. Not sure about Jungle Raiders, though. My current high score is "N/A". Apparently, I have never played it before. We shall see how it goes.

ETA: Now I know why. That game will not load in Opera 12. Apparently, it will not load in Vivaldi, either.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Oh, and there are 7 days, so the last two days will be Wed. and Thurs. of next week - my longest work days, when I'm typically away from home for 15-16 hours. *sigh* At least I have times during work when I can get on the computer and play!

FAQ wrote:
12) When does the Games Master Challenge start and end?
The Games Master Challenge will begin at midnight (NST) on November 23rd. Day 1 will last only 24 hours and will end at 11:59:59 pm NST on November 24th. Similarly, days 2-6 will be typical 24 hour days from midnight to 11:59:59 pm. Day 7 will last for two days, from midnight on November 29th to 11:59:59 pm NST on November 30, marking the end of the Games Master Challenge.

I'm not counting on this, just in CASE this gets mixed up, but it does look like it'll actually be 8 days long.

On the other hand, I've gone ahead and gotten my 50 different ones done, so, assuming that they don't request more, I'm set for the "complete x number of games" one. The last few years, it's only been 50, so I'm not too worried. Now at least I won't have to worry about that in the next few days.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, I always play a few games each day, but if you send minimum scores, that one usually doesn't take too long (though I always anticipate it, so I only have to play a few).

Blue, did you try Chrome or Firefox or Safari? I hope you were able to play the game!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I joined Knights. So far all gold checks.

I have also pre-played 50 or so games. I will leave a handful of games un-played so there will be no glitchiness with the final challenge.

Last edited by Daze on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I used Firefox for the game and did fine... submitting my score a few minutes after midnight. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh no, Blue! Sorry to hear that.

Day 2 challenges for Knights:
Quote:
Save the Biscuits!
Send a minimum score of 1100 or higher playing Biscuit Brigade: Hagan's Last Stand.

Its Raining Bullets
Send a minimum score of 200 or higher playing Skies Over Meridell.

Brrrrrr!
Send scores in five different qualifying games from Terror Mountain.

I'm liking that the daily requirement includes playing a certain number of games; that will help with getting to the 50 (or more?) needed for the last day.

Today's are not puzzle games. My high score in Biscuit Brigade is 1499, but I loathe that game. Not as much as I loathe Skies, though! My high score in that is only 145... :( Time to read some guides and torture myself...

Edit: JN's guide for Biscuit Brigade isn't bad, though I would recommend throwing in a decoy or two a bit earlier, and upgrading the range before building more towers. I managed 1441 on easy mode - way less stressful than normal mode, even though it takes a bit longer (and it does take all 20 waves to reach the score if you lose a couple of cookies like I did). Use spacebar to pause as you implement the guide. I much prefer Battlefield Legends, where you can build before the first wave begins. Anyway, glad that's over. Now the dreaded game...

Edit 2: And yep. I hate hate hate SOM. I've managed a 135 and a 130. Ugh. Since there's no "end game" button, you can use the left arrow key to steer into the ground and use the rest of your lives faster. That's all I've got. (JN has no guide, but TDN does. Not that it helps...)

Small rant: Why can't you use the spacebar as the firing mechanism for the game in 1-player mode? So dumb - especially when you have to use the spacebar to move through other screens... *sigh*

Edit 3: I managed a 165 thanks to an extra life (the other guy got the second extra life) and 2 points bonuses. I think I'm going to try the guide's strategy of staying on the first opponent for as long as possible to get extra bonuses, because the third skyfighter always kills me.

Edit 4: I just saw the Raiders' games. So many regrets right now... Such easy scores!

Edit 5: Took a break, tried the aiming for bonuses route, went back to just trying to beat the guys, and managed to get some lucky combos of extra lives and extra points anyway, just eking out a 220. Day 2 complete! I really hope the other days are easier than this. And ugh, combining the challenges to make a prize that pertains to both resulted in one of the most disgusting Neopian items ever: Snot Chocochips Biscuits. Trying not to think too hard about that one. It's right up there with scab sandwich and... Nope, not going there. Ugh. Okay, finding my mind soap and washing that item out of my memory...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Awww, bummer, Blue!! :( :(

Ugh. I almost, ALMOST wish I was on the other side today. I've gotten a 270 (got a bronze trophy at the beginning of a month once with that score) on Skies over Meridell, and my high score on the other is in the 3k range. Snot Splatter is no big deal (have a silver trophy for that one) but Piper Panic...my high score is 4908, and I for some reason I recall that being a little unpleasant. First time through got me a 5,234. Hm. This is going to be tricky, I think.

I guess I know what I'll be working on this afternoon during nap time, because I'm definitely not playing it on the laptop. Here's hoping I'll be able to manage it!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next