Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup XIII
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Any info on staff tournament prior success for the rest of us, Blue?

tl;dr: link please? 0:) :)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Any info on staff tournament prior success for the rest of us, Blue?

tl;dr: link please? 0:) :)

Ah yes, certainly. I looked up the team I picked on our thread from last year: AC XII

In that thread you can find each of our Staff Tourney picks, and Daze was very good about posting all player's scores after each round.

You can also see the ST scores nicely tabulated at JN here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Blue!

My team is: Agog, the enigmatic Ghost Pepper, Kikocat, Scrappy, and Ehlo Froyo. I went with Froyo for the star player.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:06 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Regarding the AC team avatar. New FAQs have appeared (although they forgot to remove the previous Q&A that says we don't keep it):

20) I just got an Altador Cup team avatar! Will this add to my permanent avatar count?

Yes, it will.

21) Can I collect all 18 team avatars by changing teams each year?

No, if you join a different team next year, the new team avatar will replace the one you currently have. You can only have one Altador Cup team avatar at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Face off! Maybe you guys will be the ones to knock us out of the undefeated category... I'm halfway to my SOSD max to prevent that from happening, though!

Good luck. I still feel a little weird going against RI even though it's been a few years since I played for them now. It's a good thing I probably won't have time for any YYB tonight; even after all these years, I still get confused and want to move the RI players instead of my own!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:13 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Staff tourney results are in. Scrappy was MVP.

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3683 Neopoints!

JS conveniently put all the best scores right on the tournament page for us. I switched out Ghost Pepper and Froyo for Senor Malo and the high-scoring goalie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3620 Neopoints!

Round 1: 7240 points

Switch 2 players around to get highest scoring team. (Now watch it backfire. LOL)

EDIT: Round 2 Staff Tournament.

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 4029 Neopoints!

Round 1: 7240 points
Round 2: 8059 points

I had 4 out of 5 top players, with only 11 points separating the top player.

Kikocat won Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congratulations, you guessed it right! Here is your prize for correctly predicting Kikocat as the Star Player of Round 2.

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 4029 Neopoints!

I had 8059 and 7367.

I kept the same team from last week to this, since Agog barely did any worse than DJ, and he's historically very inconsistent. I went with Binary for the star player because he looks the toughest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well... fooey. Thanks to traveling, I completely forgot to check and renew my team and missed round two :x

Round 1: 8005 points.
Round 2: 0 :(

Ah well. There's always round 3.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They just added ReCAPTCHA's on score sends for AC games. I'm glad I'd gotten through most of I want I wanted to today, because it REALLY slows things down. Especially when you have to click on images, etc. I was hoping to make it to All-Star, and still technically can without too much effort, but this could really make next week eat up more time that I was planning on spending on it.

(I should add, I only had 12 MSN's and 2 SS's left, and of those, I had to click on images only once.)

ETA: Apparently it's only on MSN and SS right now. The other two are still free.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, if this stops the cheaters, that's good, I guess, but autistic and visually impaired users are really struggling with the captchas, and some have several pages of images to get through. Apparently it's worse for SlSl than MSN, and if you start getting a lot, switching games/taking a break seems to reduce them again.

I play slowly, so I haven't actually gotten one yet (in my 14 games of MSN after the change), but it takes a second to load the captcha program whether you have to click on images or not, and it also reloads the game between every single game. People seem to get fewer captchas in Chrome, and you can permanently mute the game tab if you like to play music/watch a video in another tab while you're grinding out the games (otherwise you'd have to turn the sound off every time the game reloads).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, if this stops the cheaters, that is good. However, it would appear that the new Captcha does not work in my trusty old Opera 12.18. After achieving a decent score in SS, I then had a (mostly) blank game area with the Captcha logo in the bottom left, but no Captcha to complete, and therefore no sent score. This stinks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, it always loads the program, but like I said, it didn't actually offer me a captcha to complete. After a few seconds of the mostly blank Captcha screen as you described*, it just progressed to the score sending screen. Did you wait a while to see whether your score processed? Or did you just assume it was a failure? Try it on MSN today (it's a much shorter game, so you won't lose as much time), and see if you can get the score to send.

If you're not getting images on SlSl, you're practically the only one, though! What's your playing secret to avoid them?

*The captcha logo is on the bottom right in Chrome. Captcha is owned by Google, so it might work best in that browser. And if your browser is very old, it may not be compatible with all aspects of html5 - I don't know whether Captcha is html5, but this version is fairly new.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I did wait a few minutes, and left that tab open while I did some Google searching on Opera 12.X and the new Captcha. What is strange, is that all the samples provided in my searches worked fine in Opera 12.X... Just not this one.

Thanks for the suggestion for MSN. Much shorter game indeed. Same problem, however. To taunt me, when I mouse-over the captcha logo, it "slides out" with the "protected by Captcha"... Much like it is sticking its tongue out at me :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bummer, Blue! Definitely submit a ticket about it. Hopefully you can find a browser that's more cooperative with it until JS fixes it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next