Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2018
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
At the moment, I have no idea how I achieved my previous high score on Nova Defender. Then again, I do fondly remember way back when we were all trying to figure this game out for the first time. We all got very good at this game back then. I have not kept in practice... Ah well, I barely squeaked AAA's score just now, and to quote Farmer Hoggett in Babe, "That'll do pig. That'll do."

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Piper Panic today. I still use JN's guide as I can never remember the correct routes.

The Day and Date prize is only a toy. I was a little let down with it. The D&D prize should be something a little more special. A wearable, book or weapon would have been better.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Piper Panic... AAA's score is a little over my high score, but I challenged him anyway. Hopefully, my current high score is a case of a last year "good 'nuf" score... Using a guide seems prudent.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I messed up on one of the levels and collected baskets in the wrong order, but on level 10 I used JN's suggestion to repeat it until my last life (except I tried to get the last two gems on the next-to-last-life as time was running out and accidentally completed the level instead). Eked by with a 4515. Good enough to beat AAA, good enough for me.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

4515? I love it.

I also used the suggestion to repeatedly play level 10 to maximize points. Easily beat my prior high score and AAA. Drinks for everyone!

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Followed JN's guide, repeated the last level a couple times, and got it on my first try, whew!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Turmac Roll today. Done - with a new high score! This is definitely one of the "play until you get the lucky" games. One Aquaberry on hard is worth 600 points, which is ~70% of AAA's score! One of those and a couple other good berries will easily put you over AAA's score. It may take several games to get an Aquaberry that you can grab, however.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Congrats on the HS Blue!

Yep, wait until you get a nice berry to start with, makes it a much easier task.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Easy peasy today. Got it on my first try, but definitely nowhere near my high score.

....wasn't today supposed to be Hubrid's Hero Heist? Turmac Roll wasn't even on the list of games. Maybe that means we won't have to play HHH? And maybe some of the other games that are listed will be switched out with other games? (I'm hoping, because I'm not particularly thrilled about HHH or Caves and Corridors, and Eliv Thade could end up taking ages.)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bwahaha. 852. I'll take it. Didn't get any good berries, but I also managed to avoid the dreaded triple-tree (I saw a water berry on the middle tree last game that would have gotten me AAA's score, but I very rarely get the timing right on the triple).

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pickles wrote:
....wasn't today supposed to be Hubrid's Hero Heist? Turmac Roll wasn't even on the list of games.

Good pick-up. I didn't even realise that. I read on the boards that HHH is only playable in English, and actually doesn't exist in any other language. A point was made that it would be unfair to use that game as non-English players may not have even known it existed, therefore would have not played it previously.
TNT must have listened!!

It is a weird thing not to have that game playable in other languages.

~~~~~~

Goparokko today. AAA's score was under my HS, luckily, as I really don't like how much I have to concentrate to get a high score. LOL.

~~~~~

EDIT: It looks like another game will be changed (boards say Fly Catcher, as the items are no longer searchable), and a Spell Seekers prize has been found.
I had a look for a Spell Seeker image by changing the URL's for the DD and there is one.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Usually I don't have trouble with this one (I've gotten over 10k on it before), but my first try was a mess. My brain is just not running on all thrusters right now. At least I eeked by with just over 6k.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh. Adding this game to my list of disliked games. After playing all 3 levels (easy/med/hard), Easy is the way to go, but it does take longer to get a good score. The slower timer made all the difference for me. 6,248 and done. Done. Done. Done.

Seeing Siniri's Turmac Roll score, and now Pickles' Garppookkkkooookokoko score makes me think of yet another AAA Games Master challenge... Who here can beat AAA by the smallest margin? LOL I thought Siniri was the front runner with her 852 vs 850 in Turmac Roll (.235% over AAA), but my Nova Defender score of 225,292 vs. 225,000 was actually closer percentage-wise (.130% over AAA). Pickles' Garappoookkooo score was a whopping 1.2% over AAA's score. It may be an unfair comparison because Nova Defender scores are so naturally large.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:38 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, my piper panic score of 4515 (vs. 4500, 0.333%) seems to be coming in 3rd place. But I just got home after a long day of work + hiking + more work (started at 7:15 am, was home for about thirty minutes before leaving for hiking, and just got home a bit after 1am). So let's see if I can beat AAA on the day today! Hopefully will edit in my score soon.

Edit: Lag and fatigue are conspiring against me. I should have at least gotten the NP for my first game over 5700 points. And my second one... One more try. I restarted to go in Opera, and got a message to update Flash. Doing it; hopefully it really will help with stability and usability... Or there could be regrets...

Edit: Gah. The lag when the timer is flying is no bueno. Must sleep. Hopefully the day-of prize wasn't worth that much. Goodnight!

And now I have 3 make-ups before the end of DD. *sigh* I still haven't even beaten Abi in ZB. I don't think AAA is possible. I just don't have time to relearn the game, and the lag on this laptop makes it impossible.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Garappoookkkoo day-of prize is nothing special.

Beat AAA in flycatcher 1st game... doubling my prior score, achieving 956 points ;)

Remember to type "deliciousflies" for an extra life.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next