Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (until it has an official name)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

New dialogue:

Fyora:
Have we got any leads?

Battle Faerie:
I'm sorry, my queen. Nobody seems to know what happened here.

Angry Yurble:
Queen Fyora! I saw what happened!

Battle Faerie:
Really? We're pretty sure nobody was near the Festival grounds when it happened.

Fyora:
Let him talk, Aethia.

Angry Yurble:
I was passing by here on my way back from a friend's place. You won't believe what I saw, my queen, but the wraith did this!

anjuna wrote:
I get that I'm too old but am still on Neopets

Never!! I just turned 50. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm in my late 30s... Neopets is pretty much only adults now; it hasn't kept up with the times, so the only kids on the site are mostly the children of adult players...

Wraiths again, eh? Or "THE" wraith? So there's only one now? Interesting...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
JS is Jumpstart, the company that bought Neopets from Viacom. Most (if not all) original TNT staff were fired when JS took over, so most times now we refer to JS rather than TNT.

The Tyrannia map was updated to include the Battleground. That is the hub to the Obelisk battles.
Jellyneo is a good reference to all things related to the skirmishes and boons.

AAA's Revenge is a game with AAA in it, nothing too exciting, but at least JS is able to make new games in HTML5. It is listed in the games room.

Edit: LOL. Anjuna undated while I was posting. :)

Thanks for the links, Daze! I do recall after Viacom bought Neopets that the site seemed to cater more to teens, or so it seemed. I only just realized that they were sold again after that. Nice to see the HTML5 being implemented.

And yes, back on topic. Only dialogue so far, I guess? I wouldn't even know where to look for clues. Do we just sit and wait for another update tomorrow? ~:>

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am highly amused that the Angry Yurble has made a reappearance. HIGHLY amused.

Based on this, I'm assuming we won't be seeing Xandra again:
Editorial wrote:
On behalf of those who support Xandra as the one true tyrant of neopia, I dutifully demand that Fyora free Xandra from stone, and return her to her rightful position as representative of the pets. :) Yours Sincerely, The Xandra Fan Club ~morganjoisle
Request denied.

HTML5 is apparently being worked are quite a lot on the back end, according to the editorial. IMHO, JS (Scrappy in particular) has been WAY more communicative than I can remember any of TNT being (with the possible exception of Snarkie, but even she didn't post on the neoboards this much, or answer quite as many sometimes 'hot topic' items in the editorial...). I can't attest for it when it was in its first year, though, as I didn't start playing until it was either the end of the first year, or sometime early in the second year.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently each person has to visit the faerie festival page to get the new dialogue, and you only get one update per day. So my page is stuck at:

Quote:
Have we got any leads?

Leave it to JS to do something weird. I really hope I'm not perpetually behind on the plot now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Apparently each person has to visit the faerie festival page to get the new dialogue, and you only get one update per day. So my page is stuck at:

Quote:
Have we got any leads?

Leave it to JS to do something weird. I really hope I'm not perpetually behind on the plot now.

Uhm, that's not how it worked for me?
*cough*There's a little arrow in the top right corner of the dialogue that should move it on?*cough*

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

That doesn't appear how it worked for me either, Siniri. I didn't get anything Sunday, nothing today (Monday) either. Once I click through my dialogue, as Pickles hinted in small print, there is nothing new for me.

I also always try "refresh" page first, then I also try reloading the code of the page. Still nothing. Should we be looking for clues around the site? I think my browser won't even let me "tab" over the image for hidden links (could be just me/my browser) else I'd be doing that too.

EDIT: Oh good, my browser does tab over elements on a page. It's just sometimes really hard to see. *blind old Korbat in my old age* :hug:

Last edited by anjuna on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Never mind. I didn't have the arrow at first, but once I refreshed, it was there. I guess it's good now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

New dialogue:

Fyora: It can't be!
Battle Faerie :Tell us everything you saw.

Angry Yurble: I get the reward, right?
Fyora: If you have any information that proves helpful, of course you do.

Angry Yurble: Well then, here's what happened...

Angry Yurble : The faeries were all engaged in frivolity, too distracted to notice...

The video was updated about 45 minutes after the dialogue was available.
(Play the video - it is linked to the word happened as well).

Speculation time: Is the leader of the shadowy figures Balthazar?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The video was actually pretty good. It's a nice upgrade to the comic-style. And I honestly don't mind the pacing... I hope the plot steps are similarly paced, giving us plenty of time for each step, because I just don't have a ton of time for Neopets anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I agree with Siniri. The pace has been great for me, too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, that video was pretty awesome! The fact that the whatever-they-were-that-looked-like-Neopets could turn into some sort of wraith-like thing is pretty freaky. I'm not sure how they could've shown that well in a comic, but the video made it nice and clear.

Balthazar would be my first guess, too, Daze. I don't think he's actually ever been in a plot, so this could be a good potential for him to be in it. I guess we'll see over the coming weeks.

I don't mind the slow pace, but things will be really dicey for me in mid-to-late November (plus, we'll probably have GMC then), so I'm hoping that there's no major steps when I have absolutely no free time.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Has anyone gotten anything different? We must be pushing on 3 days for an update now? The past two I got the same last dialogue reiterated. I wondered if it was my browser? I guess I assume if there's anything new, someone would post it here. But are plots really this slow now?

I don't mind a slow day or two. Or baby steps along the way. But after three, I admit I start to wonder and get impatient. And if this is going to be a Battledome plot, sorry but I'm not going to have much fun. :\

EDIT: An afterthought after my own recent resurfacing on the site. Just stocking my shop I notice. Is no one doing this anymore? Is anyone on the site anymore? It seems like JS is catering to the infrequent and undertrafficked site it has become? Hence the outdated-ness and obsoletion of many areas I used to love and frequent. So they wait longer inbetween plot steps, so that people who only visit once or twice a week will notice? So then why not make the Neogift 2 day limit obsolete? That's been a pain in the smurf to me ever since it was implemented. :P

EDIT 2: I'm thinking the Abandoned Attic is actually abandoned. I can't imagine how it can be any harder to code and stock than my beloved Igloo Garage Sale. However, Tarla's still giving away free stuff en random. And no you never needed the Toolbar. ;) Just click whenever, it's completely random as far as I know. I've gotten nothing for several weeks, then just the past few days two hits/gifts. http://www.neopets.com/freebies/tarlastoolbar.phtml?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The abandoned attic is temporarily (semi-permanently) broken due to cheaters (as are world challenges, Invaders of Meridell), etc. They also changed restocking (pre-JS) to occasionally completely clear junk items out of shops, so that rarer items restock more frequently.

Keep in mind that the site has a small fraction of the traffic it used to get in its heyday. Therefore it has a small fraction of its budget for staff. A lot of stuff was broken before JS bought it, but they ended up having to transfer the site very quickly, which broke quite a lot of stuff and was a nightmare to fix. The site was barely functional (tons of lag, many things not working properly) for over a year, which contributed to the already rapid decline from the site being outdated.

Tarla's toolbar isn't 100% random. I used to have a bookmark to a guide that explained how to check it, but I've lost it. Something about her appearing during certain windows that change each day, and only needing to refresh every X minutes to still catch the prize.

Edit: I can't believe I'm almost defending JS here. But they were given a raw deal with the transition, and from a basic economic standpoint, I understand why they've cut back on staff for the site. I think they were morons to lay off too many of old TNT, and new staff still don't seem to get Neopian culture, making arbitrary weird rules. I don't have a lot of hope for this "plot," but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. Expect plot steps to have weird timing. I wouldn't be surprised by slow releases, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally cut off the time to complete a step after only a few hours (they've screwed that up with events before, forgetting they're a global site).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

New conversation update (7th Oct):

Battle Faerie: I'm not sure I believe his story.

Fyora: What makes you say that?

Battle Faerie: That isn't even what the wraith look like! Plus, our barrier spell! What about our barrier spell?!

Fyora: I'm afraid I can't agree with you. I have reason to believe he speaks the truth.

(It seems not to update at midnight for everyone (or it is glitchy). I have tried multiple browsers but still can't see the conversation. My daughter tried and she has it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next