Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Wraith Resurgence Plot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Destroyed Faerie Festival site theme given at midnight as soon as you enter Neopets.

http://www.neopets.com/faeriefestival/?

Faerie Festival

Wait, isn't this where the Faerie Festival was being held?

By the Queen
A proclamation

Due to outrageous acts of vandalism,
the XIX Annual Faerie Festival is
hereby declared closed.

An investigation is being conducted to
uncover the miscreants behind the incident.
A grand sum of 50,000 NP is promised
to anyone that can provide
information regarding the incident.

Last edited by Daze on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (until it has an official name)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The new site theme is...interesting. I love the top/bottom...but the bright red on the side and drop downs? Ugh.

But yay! This looks like it has the potential to turn into a fairly decent plot, if they're decide to go for it. Here's hoping, because this is the IDEAL time for it to happen (for me, at least). Things have settled back down for the most part, and I have some "free time" that I can actually be online for more than just a few minutes if need be.

I can see them going straight to finding the wraiths, and battling, or doing some sort of logic puzzle that leads us to the wraiths and then battling. I guess we'll see what happens.

The Wing It game is gone, BTW, in case anyone else had tried to get to it from a direct link.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Agreed about the site theme. I like the top/bottom, but do not particularly care for the the red or the stark white/blue on some pages (e.g. the bank).

Pickles - I am glad things have settle down a bit for you and yours, and you actually have some "free time" now!

I am not really sure what an "ideal" time might be for me these days. The projects are stacking up at home because I am still spending too much time at work. Work is not ideal for sure. Not terrible, but just... weird. I have had (another) new boss for the last 3 months with yet another new boss arriving in the coming weeks. The forthcoming boss is sort of a squeezed in layer of sorts. It is just boggling to me that we keep adding upper level managers when we desperately need underlings who actually get the physical work done... Ah, well. It is time to keep the 'ol head down and focus on my work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, that sounds like a mess!

From the news today:
Quote:
Something is not right here, the Faerie Festival has been shut down?! What does this all mean? For now, all we have is this official notice from Fyora, which has us thinking that it might be time to get your Neopets ready for battle!
I'm guessing we'll be going straight to battling? My pet is definitely ready.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, it is.

My pet is as ready as she is going to be, which is much better than last year. (Big thanks to y'all!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hi, Daze, Pickles, and Blue! :) I don't know if you remember me, but I have fond memories of the Lost Desert Plot and Altador plot on this forum. I took several years hiatus off Neopets but a friend of mine finally lured me back.

I'm guessing that nothing is happening yet with the new plot or pre-plot event, whichever this might be?

Looking at the source code of the Faerie Festival page, I see there are elements there that are not visible on the page (yet?). This is probably not news to those who are used to checking source code in plots, but I thought I'd throw it out there to stimulate some dialogue.

So far I see a new sentence, "Hello There! I see that you've come to attend the festival. Let's get your name for a ticket, shall we?"

And then later on, lots of buttons for something that looks like some kind of Charity Toy Drive? http://images.neopets.com/charity/toydr ... ons/bg.png

Or maybe it's just for some NC promo? Who knows. Again, sorry if this is news to no one. As I said I've been off Neopets for years so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Either way, it's nice to be back for a new plot. I personally hate the Battledome, so I'm hoping this plot will have lots of puzzles and other activities.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hi, anjuna!! Welcome back!

I haven't seen anything with this event since yesterday, so who knows? I'm going to wager a guess that they're going to start it tomorrow to go over the weekend. (In which case, if it's battling, I'm glad I missed sign-ups for the Obelisk, because I'm guessing this will override it.) We'll see...

Daze found the Charity Toy Drive link last week, but she's pretty certain it's from the 2014 Charity Corner drive. We discussed it here when it happened.
We're assuming that there will be another charity drive of some sort in the future, especially since Scrappy hinted at it in the editorial of the NT in Issue 792.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks for the welcome back! You mentioned the Obelisk. When I came back to Neopets, I had forgotten I still didn't pick up my prizes for that. (I was waiting for Neopian inflation to settle....then real life picked up pace.) I could have swore I heard of a plot inbetween that one and now? Or did I miss another Obelisk war?

I still hate the Battledome, but at least I managed to snag some weapon prizes from that that are apparently being used since I can't find too many on the Trading Post or Auctions. I still have enough points to buy one more to use or sell, but can't decide quite yet. Maybe this new plot will re-inflate some old weapons and help me decide?

And yeah, I guess I missed a LOT over several years. And I forgot Neopets isn't as coded as well, or so it seems now that it's changed hands a couple of times. So sorry, didn't even know about the Toy Drive.

I do miss World Challenges, and even the Abandoned Attic (and Tarla's Treasures, I saved the non-toolbar link) but they all seem to be obsolete. What could be the problem with getting WC back up and running, I wonder?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Welcome back, Anjuna! One of the main issues with the site is cheaters. The bigger issue is JumpStart's handling of the cheating situation by willy-nilly freezing random legit users and making retroactive rule changes. And just not really understanding the history or culture of the site, and being ridiculously understaffed. Both of these contributed to the WC being taken offline indefinitely. But hey, they recently brought back the caption contest, so there's always hope. (I personally miss the Lenny Conundrum and Keyquest.)

There hasn't been a plot since the Obelisk War, but that's an ongoing thing. Every two weeks, there's a new three-way battle for the obelisk, and the winning faction wins their choice of one of five boons for the next week. We just finished the 3 days of sign-ups and are now in the four-days of battling. Next week will be boons, and then the following Monday, three new factions will be available to choose from. (You can also win the site themes and avatars for each winning faction.)

Let's see... There's a new HTML5 game called AAA's revenge. And... other than Charity Corner, I can't think what else is really new since JS took over. *shrugs*

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:03 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hi Anjuna, nice to see you again. :)

The source code is a mess of old codes, it looks like it is a template of sorts, and Jumpstart (JS) are using it to save time, instead of creating new pages for each event. But it is always good to check, as it still does through up some goodies time to time. :)

"Hello There! I see that you've come to attend the festival. Let's get your name for a ticket, shall we?"
That was the opening sentence to the Faerie Festival.

No steps for the plot yet.

On a good note, it seems JS is still working on the Site Theme. The lurid red was replaced with a lovely shade of purple and the footer rotations are now active.

I would still like to see matching font and forum colours and nmail notifications.

The rotation characters are the spotted xweetok, blue koi, green korbat and the kougra - Masked Intruder (DON Series 1).

A very motley crew indeed. I just hope they all have some thing to do with the plot.

This was posted on Facebook and Instagram (you can view it from the Hub):

Any guesses to who else is in that group?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Would the spotted Xweetok be the bad guy from TFR? I can't even remember her name, it's been so long... And she was a xweetok, right? Gah. You'd think I could remember...

Oh, wait, I think it was a speckled xweetok, Xandra.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome back, Anjuna! Glad to see you here :)

I have nothing else to add to this threat at this time :P Mostly because I am almost late for work...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
Welcome back, Anjuna! One of the main issues with the site is cheaters. The bigger issue is JumpStart's handling of the cheating situation by willy-nilly freezing random legit users and making retroactive rule changes. And just not really understanding the history or culture of the site, and being ridiculously understaffed. Both of these contributed to the WC being taken offline indefinitely. But hey, they recently brought back the caption contest, so there's always hope. (I personally miss the Lenny Conundrum and Keyquest.)

There hasn't been a plot since the Obelisk War, but that's an ongoing thing. Every two weeks, there's a new three-way battle for the obelisk, and the winning faction wins their choice of one of five boons for the next week. We just finished the 3 days of sign-ups and are now in the four-days of battling. Next week will be boons, and then the following Monday, three new factions will be available to choose from. (You can also win the site themes and avatars for each winning faction.)

Let's see... There's a new HTML5 game called AAA's revenge. And... other than Charity Corner, I can't think what else is really new since JS took over. *shrugs*

Thanks to everyone for the welcome back! I had no idea cheaters were ... advancing that far in their evil doings. But before I left I do recall Neopets implemented PIN numbers for a reason. O.o

Do you have a link to this bi-monthly Obelisk thing with the boons? I remember AAA challenges. Also unaware he was having his revenge. Link, too, please? Anyone? I get the old code, I get that I'm too old but am still on Neopets, I get that it's been a while so I definitely could use all your help. I've truncated my "dailies" down to a handful or two.

EDIT: I read too fast before I responded (RE: JS) ~:> (Sorry to Daze too, and thanks as usual!) :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

JS is Jumpstart, the company that bought Neopets from Viacom. Most (if not all) original TNT staff were fired when JS took over, so most times now we refer to JS rather than TNT.

The Tyrannia map was updated to include the Battleground. That is the hub to the Obelisk battles.
Jellyneo is a good reference to all things related to the skirmishes and boons.

AAA's Revenge is a game with AAA in it, nothing too exciting, but at least JS is able to make new games in HTML5. It is listed in the games room.

Edit: LOL. Anjuna undated while I was posting. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

anjuna wrote:
I get that I'm too old but am still on Neopets
Nope. I am certain that I am much older than all of you, and Neopets is still a guilty pleasure for me.

Staying on topic: Waiting for plot. Hopefully not tomorrow, though. I am working tomorrow night at the bar.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next