Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: AC Q&A and Future PLOT spoiler!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I would've put this strictly under the AC, buuuuuuttttttt....
Scrappy Multiple Posts wrote:
Yup there's a new plot coming...

When I say plot I mean plot. I can't give you details because I'm really not sure if I'm allowed and don't want to get in trouble but come on guys. What would a plot be if we couldn't fight off some bad guys?

I'd like to keep this as AC focused as we can but you know, I love a good spoiler or two so I had to throw that out there about the plot. :D

Also I want to give a shout out to all the kind words people are saying here! You guys are amazing

ALTADOR CUP Q&A Board by Scrappy
JN's Summary Post

So.....wow!!!

I'm excited! I hope it will be at least somewhat decent, and I'm thrilled that I've still been training my battle pet (she's, uhm...rather decent now, actually, and has a pretty good set - I mean, I suppose she could use a T-Tear or a SuAP, but, you know, pipe dreams). I bit the bullet and stocked up on 20 of each red codestone type...ouch (almost 3 mil!). Should've done that a couple days ago when I thought about it, as the prices are already up some. I guess I'll be actively training some more now.

What do y'all think? What do you hope for? I mean, this might be a real plot?!?! (Am I getting my hopes up too high?)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: AC Q&A and Future PLOT spoiler!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, any event is just an excuse for JS to screw things up and freeze people. Oh, and take their real-life money and not actually give them the goods/services they were supposed to receive in exchange for it.

Sorry, slight exaggeration. I'd be more hopeful for a plot if JS showed better understanding of Neopets culture and tradition, and how games are supposed to work. At this point, I think we can expect something along the lines of AOTA, which was not particularly satisfying as a "plot." Except with more glitches...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Interesting. Glad I have been training Sev on level lately. I should have been stocking up on codestones as well. Ah well. With everything going on in RL, I have no interest in staying up late to visit Von Roo each night. Then again, it would be much more cost effective than 7 codestones per day.

ETA: Due to real life events, I was actually up and visited Von Roo last night. A minor lag caused the click to be delayed about 3 to 5 seconds, causing a loss of level. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:38 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They screwed up and ended the AC 40 minutes early... sort of. They are not ready for a plot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A combination of puzzles and fighting is what I am hoping for. I just don't want to 'click and win'. (At this point, I am only playing Neopets for something to do and would enjoy a brain buster).

A plot that requires some work like the LDP (digging sand, moving furniture, mapping the tombs) or ToW where you could work together on certain parts (grave digging) or puzzles like the Faeries Ruin (Xandra's Library, Castle Nox, etc), Journey to the Lost Isle (Cleaning the Deck, The Lock) and Tale of Woe (Bruno's Cave, Finding llere, etc)

Battledome fighting should be woven in between the puzzles with a final big battle at the end (Tale of Woe).

As we have already seen a new arena is being worked on New Features in Neopia, I am wondering if it will indeed be a Halloween plot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Regular codestone prices haven't changed much. Some of the reds have seen an increase, but yeah.

Blue, if you have the time, there's always fighting the Koi Warrior on hard for your daily drops...IIRC that's the best battle for codestone drops. I've actually debated if it's worth it to switch from the premium dome over to it, as I hardly get any codestones (much less red ones) from the Giant Fungus.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I'm still training my battle pet. I guess I'm still thinking that maybe that that one extra HP will make a difference against some sort of big boss, but she can handle most of the battledome challengers on hard (with obvious exceptions, *cough* Snowager *cough*).

I'm hoping for a mix of puzzles, cooperative stuff, and battling as well. If they can come even CLOSE to TFR or LDP, I'd be tickled silly. (Though, please, please, please, no Anubis Toxicology Reports. Ever. Again. *shudders*)

I'm also hoping it'll happen sooner (like, this summer) as opposed to later, as we have plans and I'd hate to miss out on stuff. July and August would be *awesome* for a plot, but I can see them waiting until people are back in school and thus less likely to be travelling. Historically, they've started "bigger" combination-type plots no sooner than the end of August, so I'm figuring my hopes on this one won't be possible.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Good advice Pickles, Thanks! I just battled the Koi Warrior on hard and picked up 2 regular and 3 red codestones across 12 or so quick battles (whenever the drops stop). Not bad at all.

I liked the mix plots like each of you have been describing. I am not sure how much actual time I will have considering RL is a mess right now. New boss will be on-site at least 3-days/week and I am currently needing to train him. I do understand that he knows nothing and he has much to learn. Patience is a virtue... But, the days are long and exhausting. I do not remember coming home being this tired in a very long time. Tomorrow will be at least 13+ hours. Thursday will be really long, too. :(

ETA: I guess this could go into gloats/crys, but since I gave a status a few posts ago, I will update here... Since I am still awake and catching up on work, I took a short break to visit Von Roo... Success with Deadly Dice tonight! I added an extra half-second to accommodate for lag and gained a level tonight :) Should I continue to be up this late, I will need to relearn the lag time and practice it for a few weeks to truly nail it down. Then start going for the double-or-nothing ties. There are big gains to be had for tying multiple nights in a row. Far cheaper than codestones!

ETA2: I just picked up another 5 tan and 1 red codestone battling the Koi Warrior :D Woot!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:14 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently TNT just dropped a hint that Lutari Island might be making a comeback. Not sure if that's related to the upcoming plot or not...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lutari Island actually opening to the public would be AWESOME!

They've also been asking for suggestions, as promised in the editorial this past week:
Board #1 (official & exploded)
Board #2 (unofficial)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:27 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

JS let something slip in the NC Mall earlier (it has since been taken down):

Wraith Resurgence Chest

Description:
Bring this chest to the faeries in the Wraith Resurgence event to help win the war and earn NC items along the way! Please read the Wraith Resurgence FAQ for more information before purchasing!

Wraith Resurgence Chest 9-Pack
800 NC

So we can we safely assume the 'war' will be at least 9 days long?

It also goes with the finding of the Unidentified Petpetpet image in the Faerieland source-code.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, good find, Daze!! It'll be interesting to see what happens with this, if anything. Sooner than later would be awesome!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Something else to ponder: (Thanks to Herdygerdy on the boards)

When the Forgotten Graveyard was found, it had a code imbeded that couldn't be worked out:
(dome/arenas/009_7a812cd6a8_fwr/spider_right60.png)

Now it makes sense.

FWR

FWR - Faerieland Wraith Resurgence

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]