Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: How are you feeling? (Lickety Split)
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Glad you got your car fixed, Blue. Sounds tricky.

I'm feeling pained. The drawer under the stove in our new place is apparently a broiler, not a storage drawer (not sure how, because I checked and it didn't look like one), so I burnt my hand when I went to grab a baking pan for my new roommate from it. She got up trying to figure out what was wrong with me, blocking my way to the sink. I practically mowed her down. Second degree burns on the pads of all 4 fingers (plus a first degree one on my thumb). Held it in cold water for about 20 minutes, which helped a bit, but now it's hurting again. The middle finger is the worst. Makes typing fun...

I read I should wrap them in gauze, but I don't have any (they never have it at the drugstore or Walmart around here; not sure why... but if you can't find it, you can't put it in your first aid kit...)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ouch, Siniri! 2nd degree burns are no fun. Arnica salve is good for lighter burns. Gauze is very good. Weird you cannot find it anywhere.

Gas stove?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Blue. Fortunately it stopped hurting relatively quickly. Arnica is one of the plants I'm allergic to thanks to my fragrance allergy. I ended up not really needing gauze. I did tape the biggest blister when I climbed a couple of days later, but it really wasn't too bad in the end.

Speaking of my allergy, currently feeling frustrated. And itchy. My apartmentmate knows about my fragrance allergy (I explained what it meant for common areas and things before we agreed to live together since it does put a damper on her lifestyle to some extent), but she bought scented toilet paper.

Who even knew such a thing existed?

Anyway, now I have an eczema outbreak in one of the last places you'd ever want an eczema outbreak... Not happy. My next Zyrtec dose cannot come soon enough. (I take it as soon as I wake up.) At least now I've figured out what (one of) my problem(s) is, so it should resolve quickly.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh no. Scented toilet paper and a fragrance allergy do not sound like a good combination!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm feeling blown away by the blast from the past! I decided to log into an old neopets account and that started a journey down the rabbit hole to finding this forum. I remember the epic werewolf games, such good times :)

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri, I hope the toilet paper situation never happens again. I'm just wincing even contemplating it.

Exhausted. Between this past week, and what I know is upcoming this next week...just...yeah. Hopefully my older two kiddos will settle down a little bit back into their normal routines (and selves) after we move. Too much excitement and stress for them! (Not that it's a bad stress, just stress.)

On the bright side, Mr. P is home and helping out a ton, so I've been able to at least get some physical rest, as he's been taking care of most of the chores for me.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh no, Siniri! I hope it heals soon. Hopefully it didn't require a hospital trip. Aloe vera usually helps.

I'm glad Mr. P is able to help out. I know moving with children can be stressful.

As for myself...it's a pretty slow week at work. I had a full weekend of comicon and running my first duathlon relay (run-bike-run) with a friend. Ready for my 3-day weekend.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I am feeling happy because Zilary stopped by!

Also feeling very tired. It has been a long week and work is making me very tired.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Woke in later AM time, and spent a good part of the afternoon with a friend of mine. While the party in the park was completely unplanned, I was quite thrilled to have spent some time in the sun and the cooling breeze. And now find myself being reflective upon myself as I wind the night down. And definitely not wanting to go into work tomorrow. Have not had enough of a reset on my brain yet, and still need another few days of uninterupted sleep. :D

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Had a fulfilling weekend with friends as my boyfriend is at 2-week army training.

Felt ambitious and started to repaint my bathroom and kitchen. Did NOT realize what a crazy undertaking and inconvenience this is. Oh well, must finish now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Zilary wrote:
Felt ambitious and started to repaint my bathroom and kitchen. Did NOT realize what a crazy undertaking and inconvenience this is. Oh well, must finish now.

I'm certain it's an undertaking that's very fulfilling after it's all said and done. Bravo. ;)

Find myself still awake in the middle of the night because hyped on being able to create some Dungeons & Dragons content. The lil things in life! Using what's left of me to finish up on some bills and communications, all while my phone charges/automates games for me. Huzzah. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Frustrated. My new apartment has a new, awesome back porch, which they built soon after I moved in. So all my garden stuff had to live on my front porch in a heap until it was ready. By the time it was ready, I started house-sitting, and there was no point in making the garden if I couldn't water it daily (containers really need daily watering in our hot GA summers).

My roommate told me we got a notice on our door that the front porch was untidy, but she tossed it, saying I might have to get rid of some of the pots. I told her I'd stop by the next day to tidy it up, which I did -- and then she told me after I got there not to worry about it, that she'd explain it to the landlord, and it could wait until I'm back. Today we got an e-mail from the landlord, to which I quickly replied explaining the situation, and she was very understanding.

Then I got a text from the roommate saying the landlord said I had too many pots and could we get rid of all but one or two. I explained that I'd replied and reiterated that my house-sitting gig ends tomorrow, and then I can take care of it, figure out how the garden will look, see what we need and what might be excess, etc.

And now she's badgering me by text about how she wants tables and chairs on the back porch, so could I keep all my gardening stuff on the front porch (which gets absolutely no sun, unlike the back, and also only has about 2' x 1' of usable space thanks to all the doors). I explained why that wouldn't work, saying there was plenty of space for tables, chairs, and plants, and she said she doesn't want the outside looking cluttered because "this is an apartment not a house."

There are maybe ten pots of various sizes... And our back porch is at least 8'x8'. Plus we do have the front porch, windowsills, and the area AROUND the back porch. We may not need all the pots. But I wish she would just chill out for two more days, especially since she's the one who told me last week not to bother even though I made a special trip just to deal with it. She's so frigging controlling, and the way she says things, it's just 'so this is how it's going to be, because this is what I want.'

While I was gone, she put her desk out in the middle of the living room, and moved the containers with my weights in them from the floor along the wall (where she'd agreed to have them) onto the window seat. Bah. Now I have to move all that stuff AGAIN with an injured arm. And I'm sorry, but I don't want her ugly desk in the living room.... But I'm not sure that's an argument I'm willing to have, since she's also entitled to living room space. Though it is right next to the TV and in the main walkway from the front door to the kitchen, which seems a really weird place for your desk. But whatever; if she wants her desk out there, fine, as long as she's not going to stop me from watching TV or hanging with friends in the main space because she's working on something (not that I do either of those things very often at all, but still...).

Anyway, it's just a little frustrating. I texted her back saying we could talk about it in person, and reiterating that I will figure things out once I start planting, which is only 2 more days away. That seems to have ended her assault of texts. For now. *sigh*

Again, sorry for the rant. Thanks for letting me vent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Exasperation at how long I've let things go again. But having full uninterrupted sleep, along with the capacity to just continue sleeping should I happen to wake...that's a refreshing feeling. Though there is still work to do, so I'm at a loss on how to balance these feels. I want to hit the RESET button a tad, because I'm quite okay with it not being a TRUE RESET. Just need to allow myself to comprehend my surroundings, pretty please. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Awww...siniri. I'm so sorry to hear that you're still struggling with roommates. I hope things get sorted out for the better.

Jacob - Yeah, sleep is important, but I know that feeling when you get an unbalanced amount. I wish I had a reset button too.

This weekend was fun and interesting. Saturday went to the creek with some friends and later that night went to a women's fellowship thing. I came home and found my boyfriend passed out drunk, so had to deal with that. Then Sunday, we spent the entire day together, going shopping and whatnot, and I'm just ready for a break from him. He's giving me "clingy" vibes and I tend to be more independent. I don't know how to communicate this to him without coming across that I don't like him anymore or something. I just want some more space.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Stressed. Not the good stress, either. Far too much to do. Not enough time. Several items taking much longer than they should - just not working correctly. Gargh. I am sure this will all settle down a week from not, but ugh, this week will be hectically miserable.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next