Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Ghoulcatchers
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
I've been running into this on several levels, and it's driving me nuts (and has caused me to lose out on some "3-star the first time"). Is anyone else getting to the first star, seeing the "SUPERNATURAL" thing pop up, and then, regardless of how many moves left, it going into "SPOOKY SKILL" and turning a random ghoul into a powerup for each move you have left? There are at least two Terror Mountain levels that I CANNOT get 3 stars on no matter how well I'm doing...because I keep running into that dratted thing!

There are 2 types of levels:
- If the level's only goal is earning points, it ends when you run out of moves, so you keep playing till the very end.
- If there are other goals (remove items), it ends when you either run out of moves or you've completed all goals, one of which is earn enough points to get first star. In that case all remaining moves turn into special tiles.

Supernatural means you have earned the first star.

Spooky Skill means you have completed the goal (which is different depending on the type of level you are playing).

** I also had a few problems with the item levels, but came up with a plan not to drop all items to the bottom until I had enough points for 3 stars. It takes a little practise, and good placement of a powerup next to the item for a quick drop.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks, Daze! I've been trying to do the item levels that way already that I've been having trouble with - I've managed to get a couple of them up to 3 stars. The other ones that are being tricky are plague levels.

I've determined that the Faerieland levels are by far the hardest. I'm missing 13 stars from them at this point, and only 5 from Lost Desert, for total of 18 missing stars out of the current possible 240. I'm not sure if some of the levels will be possible to get all the stars for, but I'm still trying!

ETA: Managed to finish the ones in Lost Desert, and am down to 9 missing ones from Faerieland. I am starting to have a serious loathing for some of the Faerieland levels. They're RIDICULOUSLY hard.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I still need 10 levels in FL, 7 in TM, and 1 in LD (77, I can't even... usually I don't even see the items until I've got ~5 moves left, and once one of them never even showed up). Once the wrong two switched on me (sometimes it clicks on a piece 1-3 over from where my mouse is for some reason) and made me finish the level...

I haven't had much time to play, and I know I don't really need them. But I'm such a completionist, and I know most of them are possible. (77 I save for my last life, when I'm ready to stop.)

I still have all the power-ups for the last petpet, but I don't want to waste them (I used my last extra-5-moves one for 77 when I beat it the first time, knowing that it would definitely let me win...)

P.S. You still get star-credit even if you don't actually beat a level, so I often concentrate on points rather than the items (though the items do get in the way of combos).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
P.S. You still get star-credit even if you don't actually beat a level, so I often concentrate on points rather than the items (though the items do get in the way of combos).
Yeah, I've managed to get that to happen once on the first time through and got the 3-star achievement credit for a level without actually beating it properly. (Which, would've been nice if I realized there was such an achievement before I was most of the way through Faerieland the first time through...).

I'm down to missing 3 stars, on 2 levels in Faerieland: level 23 (have managed 2 stars) and level 38 (have only managed 1 star). I'm starting to loathe these levels, and I REALLY want to manage to get them to 3 stars, as I'm also a completionist.

I've only used one powerup so far, so I guess I could use some of the extra ones for them...but I hate using them unless absolutely necessary, if that makes any sense.

ETA: New levels were added on Android. I've still not managed to get those last 3 Faerieland stars, but at the moment, I'm stuck like a rut on level 88. I've managed to get 3 stars on it...but for the life of me, I cannot manage to get 40 purples eliminated in the 25 moves it requires. Uuuuuugh.

ETA2: After a ridiculous number of attempts at level 88, I got down to 6 more purples, could see it possible to get with a few more moves, and used one of my free +5 move bonuses to finish the level. The couple levels after that were actually pretty easy again.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ghoul Catchers recently updated with Shenkuu and Altador. Lvl 109 is ridiculous and looks like it can only be finished by buying powerups. I decided I would not spend any money on the game, so unless I get really lucky with ingame special tiles, I am not going any further.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, 109 is basically impossible without power ups. I've still got most of the freebie ones that were given out, but I'm not 100% sure exactly how they work. Someone said if you buy the prismatic sparkler thing, it gives you 5 uses? Does the freebie do that, too? I'm not willing to spend real money on this, either, so I may be indefinitely stuck on 109.

I have, however, managed to get to 3 stars on every other level (including 109) except level 38, which I have brought up to 2 stars.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2