Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ghoulcatchers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:03 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Mobile App! Available soon on AppStore, Amazon, Facebook, Google Play.

GHOULCATCHERS (on the Games drop-down list)

Unhaunt hauses and banish ghouls!

Mix and match ghouls and ghosts in this brand new puzzle game from the creators of Neopets! Brave Bren, the Professor, and Glyn need your help- phantoms and ghouls have escaped from the Haunted Weeds and taken over the world. Join this professional team of Ghoulcatchers on their quest to make the world safe again!

You'll need to make matches of three or more to banish the scariest of spirits and unhaunt these houses. Combine four or more ghouls to create special tiles or use game-changing power-ups to clear the board! Puzzle games don't get more exciting than this!

EARN REWARDS: Earn Neopoints and exclusive Neopets items!
POWER UPS: Power-ups like Ghoul-Be-Gone and Tailchaser can help you out in tough times!
EXPLORE NEOPIA: Venture through different lands like Brightvale and Faerieland.
ADOPT A PETPET: Have a Petpet companion accompany you on your journey.
TONS OF LEVELS: Catch ghouls in 40 levels of increasing complexity - more coming soon!

Post subject: Re: Ghoulcatchers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, yay! It's not phone/tablet-only. (At least I don't think it is...) It makes me a bit sad for HoppyChick, my Petpet Park companion who tagged along behind me.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:21 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ghoul Catchers is now playable. I am trying to play on FB, but it is still a little glitchy. I can't get the game to centre on the screen, so at the moment I can't click on a item to continue the game. You get 10,000 nps and a couple of wearable items for joining, although I haven't received mine yet.

I have downloaded it onto my iphone, but probably wont play it on that platform, due to being so small (it makes my eyes ache). Due to not being able to get passed Level 5 due to the sizing issue, I am now playing it on my phone. Other than how small it is, it is working well on the phone.

You can add friends to the game in FB, so far I haven't got any yet. If anyone does need friends I can give you my FB details.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I still couldn't get on through my main after changing my password, so I tried on my side. I guess I should have read Daze's post a bit more carefully, since you get items and NP -- not a good idea on a side. I updated my ticket asking what I should do (though I am still only playing on one account -- it's not my fault the entire site is broken into a gazillion pieces...).

The game is actually not all that exciting compared to the description. I was exploring Neopia? I thought I was playing a modified Sutek's Tomb with mutant jellies...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Can anyone explain how it ties the FB (or Android) account to your neo account? I haven't tried this out, but I'm picky about keeping my real life and any sort of game life fairly separate, and since I don't exactly have any games on my Droid or FB (okay, okay, so I did play Treasure Keepers there, but we all know what happened to that, and thus it is long gone)...I'm just curious as to how the link works.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, as far as I can tell, it hasn't tried to post any notices to my wall or anything. In Facebook, before you can do anything in the game, you need to "link" it to your Neopets account. I forget how I did it now, but right on the game (in either a pop-up window, or maybe a clickable link -- but I think it was a pop-up the first time I accessed the game), you can choose what information is shared with the app. I think you can choose what info it shares with your FB profile, too. The only thing it uses from my profile is my real name (but I have no game friends, and that's the only place where it seems functional -- and it's not obvious how you can add game friends...). It posts absolutely nothing to my wall, etc., as far as I can tell. (You could actually confirm this for yourself since we're FB friends...)

To play on Facebook, you need the Unity player (if you go to the game, it'll take you to the page to download it), which is free and apparently well-trusted. You'll also need to deselect "disable all apps" on your Facebook settings if you have that currently selected (you'll get an endless loading screen if you don't do this -- it took me a while to figure out what the problem was).

Apparently you can't start over in the game. Once an account is linked, it's linked forever. (I've not tried disabling all apps and then enabling them again to see if I can unlink my side; I've just not been playing until I hear from TNT.) So only link your main account. If you're worried about privacy, create a dummy Facebook account to play.

You can read the rules and play once you link your account. The game itself is relatively fun if you like Sutek's Tomb. You can earn 350-1000 NP for successfully completing each level, plus bonuses for completing a world. Most of the levels I tried were fairly short, though they do get more difficult. The NP and items should show up fairly quickly in your Neopets account; you'll get a neomail seemingly from yourself that you received them from Ghoul Catchers. Some people are not receiving the NP and items at all, though, for some reason, even though their account is linked. Other than this self-neomail telling you where the NP/items came from, there doesn't seem to be any info shared from Facebook to Neopets (which makes sense, because of COPPA).

I hope this addresses your concerns about Facebook. I have no idea how smart phone apps work, so I'll leave that to someone else to answer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks, Siniri. I still haven't decided if I want to try it or not.

On a more serious note:
Neo News wrote:
Brave Bren, the Professor, and Glyn have spotted a few imposters out there, parading around under the guise of being official Neopets' Ghoul Catchers! As a friendly reminder, the only way for you and your Neofriends to connect your accounts to our popular Ghoul Catchers app is by accessing the games directly from our official app store listings in iTunes, GooglePlay, and the Facebook App Center!

More info here: JN's Post from yesterday

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It seems that JS are finally fixing the Ghoul Catchers glitch...I received nps in my account, which when I checked it out was the backpay of nps from the game. I can now play the game and receive nps, but I did not get any of the prizes. I will need to play up to a level that gives prizes to see if that part is fixed.

Now I can earned (I think the limit is) 30,000 nps a day just by playing the first level over and over. Yay!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I just installed and linked the android app. Other than long load times, the app works fine. First 7 levels simple enough. Very Candy Crush-like...

I just checked my main account, and I do appear to have received the NP and two gifts:

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I just received my prizes owing to me:

Haunted Brightvale Amulet
Brightvale Mansion Background
Official Ghoul Catchers Stamp
Ghoul Catchers Coat of Containment

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

What did you need to do to get the first two items?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

At certain stages you get items.

For completing level 20 (Brightvale map), you get Haunted Brightvale Amulet and Brightvale Mansion Background.

There is also 2 prizes for completing level 40 (Faerieland map).

I am currently on level 31...getting close to the finish. Then it will be just repeating Lvl one for the nps. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ah. Thanks. I have not played enough to get that far. Something to look forward to, though.

One irritation with this is that even though I turned off all music and sound effects, it still makes sounds between levels. So not cool. I won't be playing this during boring meetings :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Android and iOS users have more levels. I tried on my phone and apparently, you need 100 stars to go on to Lvl 41 (this may also be the reason why I have not yet got my Lvl 40 prizes).

At the moment I have 92.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I finally decided to give it a try, and created a new user account on our android tablet to do so. I'm finding that some of the levels in Faerieland are ridiculously hard to actually get past. I'm up to 94 stars, but I'm currently stuck on level 38. I'm not sure if some of these are going to be possible to get 3 stars on without using power ups. I guess I'll just have to keep trying. I managed to get the first 20 levels up to 3 stars each, and a smattering of ones in Faerieland...but I'm determined to not buy powerups for a game - seems kinda silly to me.

Anyways, it's been a nice mind-numbing thing to do when I need a break from life but don't feel like sitting at the computer.

ETA: Finally got past that crazy level and into Terror Mountain. Most of the Terror Mountain levels aren't as hard as the Faerieland ones...though I'm ready to just kick some of those stupid urn things. Anyways, I'm currently waiting for more lives at level 59, and I'm already over 150 stars, so I'll be able to proceed straight on.

A question though:
I've been running into this on several levels, and it's driving me nuts (and has caused me to lose out on some "3-star the first time"). Is anyone else getting to the first star, seeing the "SUPERNATURAL" thing pop up, and then, regardless of how many moves left, it going into "SPOOKY SKILL" and turning a random ghoul into a powerup for each move you have left? There are at least two Terror Mountain levels that I CANNOT get 3 stars on no matter how well I'm doing...because I keep running into that dratted thing!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next