Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
LOL - it's just like the Commander Garoo thread. Complain at PPT and things happen!

Thanks for listening, TNT!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh, yeah. I am looking forward to having it back, though! I keep clicking on the "My Shop" bookmark I have out of habit (to check my shop till) and getting the error. I need to just stop trying to research things on the internet and get away from the computer.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Latest update (from "half an hour ago," according to Facebook):
Quote:
Update Time! We have brought back a bunch of the back end pages that we need and we are testing those currently. Once everything behind the scenes is good then we will start to test the front end side of the site, and hopefully return the site soon after that! Thanks for having patience though all of this.

It may technically happen "today" TNT's time, but for me it will be tomorrow... except tomorrow is Japan Fest! So maybe when I get home tomorrow evening... though I would like to check and make some Food Club bets before I leave.

ETA: It was back up 18 minutes ago, supposedly... but with MAJOR lag and "bad password" issues. TNT is still scrambling. Not sure I'll get to log in tonight. I wonder how many users are trying to log on at once... could be as many as wait for a plot step release, as we all hope our accounts transferred safely. (I took no notes about my account.)
I hope TNT is soon singing this song.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I think I'll be cautious and wait until they stamp out a few bugs before I try to log in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

About 8:04pm NST:
Quote:
Still here. Hosting partner is helping get things sorted. (Server stuff). We have no ETA right now but we'll keep you posted.

They changed their FB cover photo to the epic one of Xandra earlier this evening (about 2 hours ago).

It looks like there are still several team members working on this - I feel sorry for them, as they've probably been working non stop for over 2 days now!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:53 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The site is up, but lagging to hell, and I can't log in. Perhaps, I thought, over three days, I had forgotten my password! Never worry, there's a password recovery sy- oh, that's not working either.

edit: Apparently, as of half past eleven at night NST (poor programmers), they're working on it. https://www.facebook.com/Neopets/posts/10152631836741005

Also, someone on the Neopets subreddit is claiming they've received an extra million Neopoints over the downtime. Might be something to do with the Habitarium?

edit again: And for some reason, the Habitarium and Petpet Park aren't working since the move! (joke stolen shamelessly from reddit)

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, I got the bad password thing, and after 3 attempts to log in with my correct password, I'm now locked out of trying for 59 minutes. Guess I won't be betting on Food Club today. *sigh* Poor TNT, though. I hope they're at least rotating through letting people take naps. It's just a game.

ETA: It's broken. I tried with my password once, got the "incorrect pw" screen, entered my birthday and pw (so second attempt)... and locked out again for another hour. Well, didn't really have time to make Food Club bets before I wanted to leave, anyway... but still annoying. Hope they fix it soon. Can't send a bug report if I can't log in...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
We're working with our host to fix the [log-in] issue but it will likely be a long wait -- through tomorrow morning at least. Sorry, folks. We know it's frustrating. Thanks again for your patience.

https://www.facebook.com/Neopets/posts/10152632412316005

Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer!

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like no updates since the one above. Glad I went to bed instead of trying to wait up...sleep is so much more important these days for me. I really hope that they were able to get some breaks for rest!

I went to the site and apparently I was still logged in from Wednesday - I never signed out before the transition (so I didn't have to try and log back in and thus didn't run into any problems). I've only got 649 nps on hand - which is odd, as I know I left it without any out. My bank account has the exact same number of NPs as it did pre-transfer.

I wonder what they're going to do about all the extra random NPs? I don't think it's Habi-related, as I've been level 50 since it was available. Who knows? I can't imagine that it's OK for people to suddenly have an extra million. What a nightmare.

I'm not going to attempt to do anything else for right now - I'm giving them time to work out remaining bugs.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

https://www.facebook.com/Neopets/posts/10152633005411005

https://twitter.com/Neopets/status/513363697973338112

According to Facebook, they're eating toast. According to Twitter, they're eating pancakes. WHICH IS IT, TNT, WHICH IS IT? DROWN! DROWN IN YOUR LIES!

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Other than the lag, I can get in OK. Like Pickles, I didn't log out before the downtime. However, I did just go check to see what birthday I put in for myself when I signed up and my email that I have on file. Good thing I checked! I probably could have guessed the birth date, but not the email address.

I have no more nor no less money on hand and in the bank.

Anybody else who can log in - have you noticed that the Habitarium isn't working? LOL

For those who cannot log in - the Habitarium link is still in the dropdown menus, and you can see the front page (with the Play, About, Community buttons), but you cannot get further.

Also, Weltrude's Toy Chest PetPet Park daily still works. I picked up a nice chunk of NP there this morning :)

ETA: At about 12:30 NST, the site is not laggy at all.

ETA2: But I cannot sell a stock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

<grumbles> I am apparently missing 3 items from my SDB based on the numbers I took screenshots of before the transition. Unfortunately, I have no clue what these are and don't have the time right now to go through and figure it out. No clue if my closet is intact, either - I've heard rumors people are missing items and have extra items that they shouldn't...

Somehow, I don't think the database transferred quite right...which is pretty concerning to me. Hopefully they'll be able to get it fixed, though I suspect they'll have to roll back to do it. I submitted a bug report to report my extra nps and missing items. Here's hoping the ticket system works..

I know they'll figure it all out, just...it's a mess right now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm. now I can't get on at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

A lot of updates while I was at Japan Fest. But I like the most recent one...
Quote:
Neopets @Neopets · 54s
The site is back up now. Hooray! We will keep you updated as we continue to fix things. :) Thanks for your patience everyone!

Neopets @Neopets · 43m
Hello again! It looks like we are going to have to take the site down temporarily in order to fix a couple of things on our order. Sorry! :(

Neopets @Neopets · 2h
There was an issue with timezones being configured properly... This is fixed but you might see some strange time related things meantime!

Neopets @Neopets · 3h
So sorry everybody, the site is temporarily down... There was a database issue and we had to restart. :( Site should be back soon!

Neopets @Neopets · 4h
Hello again! We are still working on fixing some things, but you should be able to log in now. :)

Neopets @Neopets · 8h
Hello! We are gathering all your reports and we're working on fixing them. We will post more updates when they happen...as we eat pancakes.

I never logged off, either. But it logged me off itself. Thankfully I was finally able to log on. I have 612k NP out -- which I know is totally wrong, since I should have had less than 1000. That seems similar to one of my recent Food Club winnings (about 70:10). My bank account is a bit low -- I didn't record anything, but I think by about 200-300k. I'm at 913.5k shares of stocks (P, I think I told you how many I had in our recent chat -- do you still have that info? And do you remember what day that was? I should have 15k more for each day until the site went down, inclusive...) These numbers seem similar to what I had mid-last week, actually, so I wonder if it just used the wrong backup file for my account.

On the plus side, I won 56:10 in Food Club Wednesday. I'm glad I "bet" on TNT. I'm going to leave it in Food Club for now; I figure it's safer there. (I'm worried TNT might "roll back" account balances, and I don't want to collect it and then have 490k "roll" right out of existence.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gotta love AIM Logging!
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 wrote:
but i'm at 912.5k shares
So your stocks are probably correct, assuming you bought some on Wednesday morning before the site went down.

I was logged out as well, but when I logged back in, the 3k I should have gotten from trophies (today at least, I guess the last 2 days are just a loss) was there. I'm a little concerned about the missing items, though, still.

And holy cow, Siniri! 612k! Wow.

I really hope they get things straightened out soon on the items/neopoints discrepancies. I'm not touching my SDB or the extra nps I know weren't mine (even though it's such a tiny amount) for now. Everything I pick from battling is going straight into my shop.

I ran through dailies, and the only thing I couldn't really do was buy stocks, but I'm pretty sure that's a known issue.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next