Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From today's News:

Quote:
Transition Update - The move to our new home at JumpStart continues and we're almost ready for a very big step: the transfer of all code, databases, and server infrastructure! The programmers have had their 'DO NOT DISTURB' headphones on for the past few months now and we expect to get the 'GO GO GO' nod from them soon. So, we wanted to give everyone a heads up about the upcoming downtime and provide info on what you can expect. WALL OF TEXT! Here's the scoop:

Downtime: The entire site needs to come down for the move and will need to remain down until everything is ready on the other side.

*This also includes the NC Mall, Premium account management, the Help Centre... everything!
*You will see a Down for Maintenance Pteri during the downtime. There's also the possibility of an error telling you that the website doesn't exist during certain points in the process. Do not fear! That's normal and we do exist... mostly.

Length: We currently anticipate about two days of downtime.

*If you want to get updates during the move or find out when we're back up, you can follow us on Twitter or Facebook. We will probably hand out virtual pizza and stuff.

Timing: Right now it looks like we'll be ready to begin either later this week or early next. We'll post another update as soon as we have more timing info for you!

Your Account: All your account data is safe and sound and your Neopets will be there to greet you when the site returns!

Side Effects: Unfortunately, because of their size and the work required to migrate them, a couple big things won't be included in this transition.

*Habitarium: Professor Clodbottle is hoping to have a gift for everyone after the move, as a thank you for helping him with his experiments.
*Petpet Park: Petaria will not be accessible after the transition. If you happen to also be a Petpet Park member, you'll be receiving more information soon about that site and your membership.

Premium Members: We'd like to make up for your lost time with some free NC. It will be delivered via Neomail within a few days once we return from the downtime.

NC Shoppers: We'll make up for any items you used that were affected by the downtime. More info will be provided when we come back up.

*WHEW* Sorry for the wall of text but we wanted to provide as much info as possible. We'll keep everyone updated as we get closer. Thanks so much for your patience during the move (and in the months since the sale to JumpStart)! We hope to make this move as quick and painless for you as possible.
Boooo on Habi and Petpet Park being gone after this - really bummed more about Habi, as I was just starting to think about opening it back up for extra NPs per day. Ah well.

I hope they're going to transition all the random historical stuff, like the Temple of 1000 Tombs...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Wow. That sounds like a big, scary, major undertaking. Hopefully all goes smoothly. I might miss my habitarium a little, but will not miss Petpet Park. I probably won't even miss the PetPet Park daily, either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hm. It occurs to me that taking screenshots of pet stats, etc, might not be a bad idea before this happens. You know. Just. In. Case. I probably will if I have time, hah!

For anyone that does have a habi, don't forget to discard all your stored eggs for nps. Every 5 eggs = 500nps! (If you're at level 50, that is). I'm going to try and actually run my habi as long as I can, at least for the next week (or until it closes).

ETA: Wow. Apparently I have gotten up to 12 glitched eggs - you know, the kind you can't get rid of but also won't hatch.

ETA2: ROTF. Mr. P decided he'd milk a few extra nps out of habi as well. He doesn't have time to have it open during the day, so he built 40 nests, and has 40 nesters (and 5 workers to repair the nests, plus one random soldier). His poor habi is ridiculously filled with nests.

BlueEdit: We (me included) went way off topic with the Habitarium. I moved that discussion here (click me).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I never played the Habitarium, but I understand it allowed people to mill up to 100,000 NP a day with minimal effort. We'll probably (eventually) see prices falling as a result. I also understand it was very buggy - was it actually developed and operated by TNT, or was it 'outsourced' a la Treasure Keepers?

I can't say I'll miss it, or the Petpet Park, but I think those were two major draws to the site for a lot of players. I hope they replace them with something.

I don't think they'll get rid of the old plot bits of the site, as I imagine they're just going to transfer the site over in its entirety. I hope they keep them, anyway.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So far no updates in the news as to when this will happen (or Twitter or FB). I'm still crossing my fingers that they wait until Monday, so that I don't lose out on the extra interest from the boons this week!

ETA: Looks like no news today, so I guess it won't be until sometime next week, woot!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The site is still up at the time of writing. Hopefully, it goes down when they come into work today - two days of downtime would mean it would be back up by Wednesday - and I don't miss the discount day at the Hidden Tower!

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No such luck, Jelani. News is up, and still no information about when the site will be going down.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I wonder if the outcry over the Habitarium was enough to make them delay the move long enough for them to figure out a way to keep it...

... Nah!

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Transition Update! - The time is finally upon us! The team is ready to go so we'll begin the transition starting tomorrow -- Wednesday, September 17 (NST). Downtime may not start until late morning so we're going to try to sneak in our dailies early. Shhh.

To recap, here's what's happening:

Everything will be down and inaccessible for two or three days. We hope to be back some time on Friday. (We'll update Facebook and Twitter with any information if things change!)
You'll see a Down for Maintenance Pteri page or a notice that Neopets doesn't exist during this time.
Your account data and your Neopets are safe and will be waiting for you on the other side.
Premium and NC Shoppers: We'll be making up for any time/items affected by the downtime! We'll post more information when we return.
Habitarium and Petpet Park will no longer be accessible after the transition. (Petpet Park members will be getting more information soon.)
NEW - Key Quest will likely be inaccessible when the site returns but we plan to bring it back up within a week or so afterwards.
NEW - There will be no New Features updates on those days! This means that Poogle Day will be celebrated when we return. (Fear not, Poogle lovers!) We'll also likely move the Neopian Times to Monday depending on when the transition is done.

That's it! We'll see you on the other side. We won't be rocking back and forth in our office chairs clutching our Neopets plushies while the site's down... probably.

Guess this is it! Sign up for the weekend battles today or tomorrow early morning, and run your dailies first thing if you want to get them in! (And visit the hidden tower first thing as well!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"Everyone got their down-time buddy? Everyone hold hands. Remember to breathe out when it starts - you're going to want to breathe in, but you must breathe out. The first thing you'll want to do on the other side is breathe in, see. If there is an other side..."

"I'm scared."

"Don't be scared, darling, just close your eyes. Think of it as a game! A game where we've all got to be really quiet for a while, that's all."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, darling, no, it's just like falling asleep."

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
We'll be taking the site down at ~11:15am PST (in approximately 30 minutes). It could go down earlier than that, so please get your neoaffairs in order as soon as possible, complete all trades and shenanigans, and we'll see you all on the flipside!

~The Neopets OH NO IT'S TIME Team

That's in 15 minutes, yipes!

ETA: Okay, said one last goodbye to my Petpet Park pet, left her happily sitting on her bed in her home, and said goodbye to my P3's - left them all happily in their homes resting after they gorged themselves on the Advent Calendar gifted Magical Marshmallow and Magical Meatball and made themselves all shiny and happy.

I feel kinda like an era is coming to an end. It's depressing and making me all nostalgic.

ETA2: And it's down at 11:16am NST...
Quote:
Neopets.com is down for extended maintenance while we move servers, databases, and old pizza!

We expect to return on or before Friday, September 19th, 2014. (NST) Until then, please visit us on Facebook or Twitter for updates.

See you on the other side!

- The Neopets Team

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Awww. I didn't get chance to say goodbye to Phil, my Petpet Park Pet. Maybe if I shout real loud, he'll hear me in the ether.. BYE PHIL!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I never went to PPP either, Blue. I think my petpet's name was Saoirse. Maybe? *shrugs* Its little chicken-doodle-do had a really cute name, too, but I totally forget that now, too. It started with "Hoppy," I think.

I'm so glad TNT is keeping us informed via Facebook and Twitter... If they're going to write that, they should actually do it... Well, guess I'll check the site after work today. Maybe it will be up. I don't mind how much time they take, if that helps them do it right.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
I'm so glad TNT is keeping us informed via Facebook and Twitter... If they're going to write that, they should actually do it... Well, guess I'll check the site after work today. Maybe it will be up. I don't mind how much time they take, if that helps them do it right.
Yeah. I went to both their Twitter and Facebook feeds this morning. Nada. Their last posts were the "site's going down" from 2 days ago. I feel very informed... not.

Maybe all of their computers, smartphones and anything else that can connect to the internet are all unplugged due to the move. :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ask and you shall receive, Blue, but be careful what you wish for. I wouldn't put money on them actually finishing up today.

https://twitter.com/Neopets/status/513019905273511936

https://www.facebook.com/Neopets/posts/10152631162791005

question? check the dex

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next