Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC IX
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rank 3 attained! Siniri, you're doing very impressively; I'm not sure I'll get as far as rank 15 in the whole cup.

Also, I really like image cutscene you get when you use Jair Tollet to score a goal; her pose looks very elegant. Or as elegant as you can look cheering on a yooyuball field.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Chivewarrior wrote:
Rank 3 attained! Siniri, you're doing very impressively; I'm not sure I'll get as far as rank 15 in the whole cup.

Also, I really like image cutscene you get when you use Jair Tollet to score a goal; her pose looks very elegant. Or as elegant as you can look cheering on a yooyuball field.

Congrats on Rank 3! I am not entirely sure I'll hit Rank 1 this year with a whopping 17 YYB played so far.

Maybe its just me, but Jair Tollet's name just looks wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:15 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, just play some 1-goal SOSD. You should reach rank 1 in less than 15 minutes, I think. And if you do it today, you won't hurt your team (or any bye day).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I didn't end up playing at all yesterday. I was exhausted, and I figured I'd only be hurting our team more (like we had a chance against VP anyways!) to even attempt to play (so instead I did a somewhat decent amount of battling for the Obelisk). Maxed out on SOSD today to help make up for it. I'm mostly on track - made it to Rank 11 today. Can't wait until I get to rank 13 - I hate the rank 9-12 rank trophies, ugh - though rank 9 is by far my least favorite of all of them.

Siniri, wow. You're way ahead of where you'd need to be! Congrats on getting so far so fast! You'll be at All-Star in a few days at this rate!

Blue, you're just about halfway to rank 1 already. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Staff Tournament Results are up:

Congratulations!
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3082 Neopoints!

Total Overall: 6165

Round 1 Results

Forwards
Ninjakins 635
Blitzkrieg 636
Viola 682
Lawyerbot 1195
DJ Skellington 1260
Senor Malo 1345
Dragona 1568

Defenders
Marketing Maggie 476
V-Man 538
Droplet 862
Mr. Insane 1063
El Picklesaur 1210
The Anvil 1235
Bancha Ninja 1485

Goalies
Jimmy James 1077
Breik 1152
Comastar 1437
Snarkie 1640

AC NEWS from the Editorial:

Hi, TNT. I was wondering why you are still using the bracket system in the Altador Cup. Winning and losing doesn't matter and the points seem to carry over between rounds, which doesn't leave much room for improvement unless you get a lucky bracket. Everyone I talk to wants the Round Robins back as well, so why use the bracket system?

We understand that the bracket system is the in thing to hate on, but we got just as many complains about the Round Robin system, which is why it was changed in the first place. We plan to revisit AC when the time comes next year and either redo the format if we can find a good format that addresses your concerns (Round Robin doesn't solve some of the bigger issues we've heard from you guys, either) or say goodbye and do something else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Say goodbye, say goodbye! May this be the last AC ever! A girl can dream, can't she?

I'm rank 16 now; should easily be 17 by the end of today, and 18 if I can max YYB and get enough slushies slung. I would have loved to do double All-Star, but between my slow start, losing days at the end, and real life interceding (e.g., tomorrow I have a mini-retreat and work, so I'm sure I won't meet my daily goal), that's pretty much impossible. I'm just hoping my team doesn't end up facing Moltara or HW tomorrow, though I suppose I could always try to stay up until 3am... and then get up in time to go to church and work again Sunday. Yeah, no.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'll be sad if it goes away; I like the AC. But then, I'm still mourning the loss of the account with the trophy from AC1 on it, and I also still live in memory of what Neopets used to be-- I can get very poetic about it. Once upon a time this was a grand thing and we would have had hundreds of people on this thread discussing it and four or five splits by now.

I got 3262 NP from the staff tournament.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

289 SOSD shy of rank 18. I should hit 19 tomorrow and All Star on Sunday. If I wanted to make double-All Star, I'd need 2200+ SOSD equivalents/day (which I got today, thanks to sending 1-shot goals and dangerously low YYB scores) -- and that doesn't factor in that I'm missing the last two days of the Cup. So I'm going to stick to my 1400 SOSD equivalents per day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3158 Neopoints!

Total: 6316

I dropped Blitzkrieg in favor of Dragona. I'm keeping El Picklesaur...the difference between him and The Anvil isn't much.

Are VP, HW, and MT ever going to be in the same bracket? I'd like to see what will happen there...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3437 Neopoints!

6875 points!

With deep regret, I've traded Lawyerbot for Dragona.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That bracket is supposed to happen in the next round, Pickles (apparently the brackets are identical to last year's in terms of who moves where and when). I really hope TNT's anti-cheating devices that are supposed to have an impact later in the Cup actually start kicking in soon.

ETA: Couldn't resist staying up late to hit rank 19. Hope I don't pay too dearly for it tomorrow at the cost of not hitting All Star after all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Regarding the brackets, ugh. I guess that means we'll always been in the same bracket as Maraqua. I feel sorry for Tyrannia, Altador, and Kreludor. The whole pairing thing really stinks when you get paired with a power house team. I really hope they do redo the system next year, or cancel the cup all together - because the fact that the points matter more than whether or not you win (and carry over) makes it really frustrating to actually get a major win against a team...and still be behind them.

Also, wow, Siniri! You'll probably make All-Star today, then! Congrats!

I totally bombed out and didn't play again yesterday. I just couldn't get the motivation up to do it. Sitting on the couch and watching 3 DS9 episodes was much more relaxing. I guess that makes me behind again on games.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rank 4, attained! And now I'm in the part where the increments between shields start jumping, and so I have to get 50 wins to attain rank 5. Possibly I will attain that one by the end of the cup?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I met my goal and hit All Star last night! Woohoo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Congrats Siniri. :)

I am currently on 17 and should hit 18 tonight.

I am a little behind where I wanted to be, but overall, I have played more games earlier in the tournament than previous years.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next