Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 2]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
New Split!

Keep posting your Neopets related Gloats and Cries here.

Previous Thread here

Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 2]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've now gained 8 HP from the lab for my pound adoptee. I should have waited 2 days to stop zapping Grainne. :(

And guess who forgot to go visit the quest page before her cookie expired to get the 8th quest? I thought I waited later in the day to open the blasted thing to be safe. Apparently not late enough. *sigh*

... And 0:10 in Food Club today. *sigh* Another day of "shouldn't have bothered playing" (except I'm finally getting to train Grainne using some of those shos and mags I've stockpiled).

ETA 11/25: Just won a Carmariller (a faerie petpet) from Tombola. Odd.

And the Food Club results came out -- no upsets, all 2:1 pirates won. Fortunately for me, most of my bets were safeties with 1-2 pirates removed, so I won 104:10 (vs. the 16:10 I'd have gotten if I'd bet on individual upsets instead... or the 144:10 I'd gotten if I'd bet on no upsets). I'm now sitting on over 1.3M in 3 days; I've got another 5 days' worth of winnings for reset day, so I'm pretty hopeful I can upgrade to gold.

ETA 11/26: Won an omelette turkey from WoMed. Couldn't find it on SW, trades, or auctions, so checked JN and discovered it's R90, released last week. So I put it up for trade and advertised it on the Neoboard. The first offer was 150k plus an adoring gift basket; she offered to beat any other offers, but I went ahead and accepted it since it seemed like a reasonable offer.

Of course, that screws up my stats for the WoMed. After 751 spins, the average net gain per spin is 452.7. If I add in the price I got for this item, the average would shoot up to 652.1. But that doesn't seem fair because TNT only releases new items rarely, and the chance that you'll get one of the first ones from the wheel is astronomically small. You're much more likely to get it from the wheel after the price has settled, so I'm going to wait and price it after a few weeks to get a "truer" sense of its value.

ETA 11/29: 11/27, I got a bronze trophy in Neopian Battlefield Legends. I only won 8:10 two days ago and nothing yesterday in Food Club, so I'm still sitting at only ~1.4M. Which isn't terrible, but it's a little disappointing since I had such a great start. Hopefully today will be better.

P.S. Someone else needs to do some gloating and/or crying here!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not sure if this is a gloat or a cry? o_O
After having had NO matches for the last 3 weeks, now that the monthly competition should be over...I got (what my neomail says) are my round 2 matches. Two of them are identical to the ones I had first round - one I move or lose'd on, the other I beat my opponent. I guess we'll see if anything happens trophy-wise on Sunday. I'm not counting on it, nor can I even move/lose out of these as there's literally not enough time for that process to happen. I'm not even sure why we're getting matches on week 5 of a 4-week competition. Sigh. Glitchiness. However, as I told Siniri - I'm afraid if too many people put in bug reports, they'll just take the games down entirely rather than fix them, and then I'd lose out on even the chance to get trophies. Ah well.

:) Picked up some WC pieces off MCII and Turmac Roll while doing the GMC today. Figured it couldn't hurt to try for decent scores, and hey, it worked!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just bought a Mystery Island Paint Brush in a user shop... Now it's safely in my SDB for when I'm ready to retire Grainne from zapping.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
I just bought a Mystery Island Paint Brush in a user shop... Now it's safely in my SDB for when I'm ready to retire Grainne from zapping.

:o :o :o
I'm assuming you changed your password right afterwards and what not. I know I would've! I'd be freaked out that I even found that! Congrats!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

No, actually it was someone from another forum; I was rescuing it for her and have offered her a fairer price (or to sell it back to her). I was in shock -- it lasted in her shop a whole 6 minutes, even though it was advertised!

She has a 5-year-old account, so at first I thought she was being nice, but now I think she might just be young or a bit clueless. So I offered it back. I know I once put an unbuyable I got from a RE (some kind of pb, not sure which kind) in my shop because I didn't know there was another way to sell it. I priced it at the max price, but this was in my first year or two of playing, and I'm sure it was worth millions. I'm thankful I don't remember which kind it was, so I can comfort myself with the illusion that it was barely unbuyable.

On a happier note, even if I give it back to her, when I first priced them, they were ~6M, and now they're down to ~1.5M. So the lab has paid off again, since it made me delay painting her for so long.

ETA: She said I can keep it since I'm going to use it and was so considerate. I'm going to give her a BIG thank-you gift. EDIT: She only accepted a Christmas petpet paint brush (I offered her a faerie petpet paint brush, but that's not what she wanted...).

ETA: Won 56:10 in Food Club today. Woohoo! Sitting on over 2M NP in winnings, not including whatever I can eke out tomorrow. Now I just need to wait and see how everyone else did. *crossing fingers for a gold upgrade*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I wonder why they have depreciated in value so much; I think they're given out occasionally in the Battledome but they're not exactly common. It's very strange how over the past few years the prices for a lot of things have stood on their heads.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think more people are getting paint brushes from the Wheel of Extravagance and Alien Vending Machine now, too (now that nerkmids are cheaper), and perhaps with so many new colors, the overall demand for MI has gone down substantially.

Gloat: Won 24:10 in Food Club today, and am currently in the running for a gold trophy. Unfortunately, in the 3 minutes between when results came out and when I collected my winnings, one other person cashed in with a score comparable to mine (and two were already posted), so I suspect I'll drop down to silver once more people collect their winnings. Still, it was nice to be in a gold slot for at least a few minutes. And maybe I'll get lucky.

EDIT: Slipped down a spot already. Hopefully I'll get silver for at least a few days, to make up for the lost interest.

EDIT: ... or not. I'm barely still in the range for silver. The scores are insanely high this month; guess I wasn't the only one who got lucky!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Managed to get the "Biggest Losers" trophy (gold) last month, and added the Black Pawkeet slots bronze as well. Had no luck with the Multiplayer games, but at least now they've actually started (albeit late in the day) for this month. Guess we'll see if I have any luck there. Here's hoping!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:08 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Gloat: Silver Trophy in Dice of Destiny. A game that I hadn't realised was so easy (just time consuming due to the luck factor in bonus points) to obtain.

Racked in 3million nps from shop till just from codestones, nerkmids won from Key Quest and Battledome. The codestones were saved up for about 3 months and the nerks just from last month. Putting the nerks in my shop on the first of the month really guarantees the fastest way to sell them. I win around 14 nerks a month.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pinkpt just crashed my browser... Let's see. I got bronze in the Kacheekers multiplayer competition last month without playing a single game.

... and I got bronze in Food Club. I hope I can stay on the high score table long enough to make back my lost interest (a few thousand, so at least 8 days), though it doesn't seem likely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gloat: Had insane luck at battling today. 3 different Nerkmids and *3* Bubbling Fungus. That's not going to hurt the bank account at all... (Now of course, I'll get nothing decent for the rest of the week, but still!) One of my wins was 2 of the Nerkmids and a Bubbling Fungus - I took a screenie I thought it was so crazy!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just won a jowlard from TYS -- and am currently in contention for a trophy. Of course, as yesterday, proved, you can't count your trophies before reset. Still, a 2k win is pretty good for TYS (why do I play this game again?).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Minor gloat: won my first Armada game (by actually playing). My opponent and I had been trading moves all day, and then I randomly caught them this evening. I guess I remember how Armada works now, heh. I feel kinda bad - it got lopsided pretty early on and I kept boxing them in.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Restocked 2 backgrounds thanks to the Black Market Goods boon. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next