Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC VIII
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot! That was a pretty awesome sweep.

I don't actually send any single-goal SOSD's, ever. The extra click to "end game" is more trouble than it's worth.

I will be surprised, though, if we take Tyrannia in anything, but then...who knows. We'll see how much I can get done today - we're trying real milk again with Little P, and depending if he reacts to it again or not, it could make for a rough afternoon.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Pickles wrote:
Woot! That was a pretty awesome sweep.

I don't actually send any single-goal SOSD's, ever. The extra click to "end game" is more trouble than it's worth.

I will be surprised, though, if we take Tyrannia in anything, but then...who knows. We'll see how much I can get done today - we're trying real milk again with Little P, and depending if he reacts to it again or not, it could make for a rough afternoon.

Congrats on the sweep!

I have sent plenty of Single-Goal on SoSD. If you use keyboard "only", it's a simple tab-space combo right after a goal to end the game, then a tab-tab-space combo to send the score. Unfortunately, you do need to actually click on the "Send Score" link though.

Good luck with Gherkin!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I have sent plenty of Single-Goal on SoSD. If you use keyboard "only", it's a simple tab-space combo right after a goal to end the game, then a tab-tab-space combo to send the score. Unfortunately, you do need to actually click on the "Send Score" link though.
Hm. I hadn't thought about that. I might give it a try - it'll make things go even faster in the future - but I don't send Single-Goal scores because it hurts the team and it doesn't take that much longer to finish the game.

AC is not happening for me today. Better for me to do nothing at this point and not hurt (or help) my team than to put in a minimal effort, which is about all the time I'll have now. I'll hafta make up for it when we're up against Altador or Meridell or something.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That's okay, P, I'm playing for the both of us. Already have 300 full SoSds in the bag. Basically ignoring MSN and SS, and I'll be trying to cap (legitimately, no 1-goal games) in SoSd when I get home later, and put in a good 50+ YYB effort to boot (already at 110 goals; the TY AI seems easy; my GPG is over a goal higher than my average).

P.S. I remember TNT saying in an editorial way back when that low scores still help your team; they don't hurt it, so you should send in YYB draws and losses. I assume the same applies to side games as well. Low participation can hurt, though, (while non-participation doesn't) so I don't know how it works, exactly...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OMG. RI beat TY. IN. TWO. GAMES. !!!!!!!!!!

Makes me really glad I didn't put in a partial attempt yesterday. Now that we took the prestigious position of ruining their undefeated streak...

We're up against Altador again today. I think I'll take today to make up for yesterday, provided everything works out so that I can - which I think it will.

I'm sure that low scores can help your team, but high scores I'm assuming would help the team more.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Woohoo! I earned nearly 1M points in SoSd alone yesterday -- sacrificed maxing out for helping the team as much as possible. Our SoSd victory was legit, but an AL cheating group apparently took it upon themselves to give us the SS victory. Ugh. They claim they *only* helped in SS, not in SoSd, but of course people are questioning that victory now, too. The Rooligan board's tally in SoSd was well over 60M points yesterday, and many Rooligans played double or triple what they did against Altador (I know I sent mostly 35-point SoSd scores against AL, so even though I maxed, it was a small fraction of my TY points), completely ignoring SS and MSN (note the very low MSN score for us). Even if the AL cheaters "helped," it was still at least 99% Rooligan effort, and their "help" was a much smaller fraction than N******x's help was to Tyrannia. So I'm celebrating.

The goal today is as many SoSd full games as possible, followed by YYB, then SS, sacrificing MSN again. Altador wants to sweep us this time, so they're "doubling down" on sides, thinking they have YYB in the bag (which, frankly, they probably do -- but I'm going to try). Personally, I'd like to give a little something-something back to their cheaters for trying to besmirch our reputation, and to prove that we are the SoSd champs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

...the cheating group is stupid enough to post on the boards that they helped? I hope TNT freezes the lot of them. Especially for tainting our good name!

Time to get started, see how many of yesterday's missed games I can make up today.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Update on the AL cheaters "helping" RI -- while they might have, there was a group of Rooligans who secretly focused on SS because Tyrannia had a spotty record there, so it might have been someone making it up to put a blight on our record. The SS score is plausible if enough people focused on it.

*sigh* The boards said Rooligans should focus on SoSd, but there was a secret NM campaign to focus on YYB instead, and the All Star groups focused on SS. Suffice it to say, we were swept. We should have stuck to only 1 or 2 games instead of getting greedy.

KL is going to be tough today; if we don't beat them decisively, they could knock us out of 3rd place in the bracket -- and off the podium. Tomorrow's Meridell, so that won't be any better.

Altador vs. Tyrannia today! I'm rooting for Altador, I think, even though I'm not pleased with either, because at least Altador has a large, legitimate ASG working for them -- and their cheaters seem to focus on only 1 game at a time (*cough* MSN score yesterday *cough* -- though I'm not even sure why they bothered, we were never going to try in MSN).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Round 2 of the Staff Tournament has finished:

Congratulations!
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3206 Neopoints!

Comastar: 1610
Senormalo: 1302
Marketing Maggie: 792
Bancha Ninja: 1425
Breik: 1283

Round 2: 6412
Round 1: 5708

Total: 12120

Changed 2 team members this time. I knew I should have picked Snarkie. *headdesk*

*Made All-Star!*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:44 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats on All Star, Daze!

Because of RI's tough opponents the first 3 days of this bracket, I really played like crazy (thank goodness I only need ~5-6 hours of sleep a night). Yesterday I saw this:

Quote:
Final Rank
Congratulations, you've reached the pinnacle of Altador Cup achievement! You've qualified for the ranking of All-Star, the highest level possible. Your fancy new shield is sure to widely admired.
Yooyuball
Wins: 468 Draws: 0
Slushie Slinger
Wins: 173
Make Some Noise
Wins: 540
Shootout Showdown
Wins: 9,162

I've started off trying for All Star before and never had the staying power. I honestly wasn't sure I would make it this time, even after 2 weeks of steady progress towards it. I'll play my 'usual' (before-this-bracket usual) amount today to make sure we don't get upset by Meridell, but tomorrow I won't even look at the AC, not even to get some NP. I'll keep playing for the team's sake, but I'm not trying to shoot for a certain prize point level; I'll already have plenty to spend.

Tyrannia swept Altador yesterday, with some very fishy scores. I could understand 1 or 2 being that high, but all of them? I guess Altador's cheaters should have sent more scores to match N****x's. *sigh*

I got 6729 in round 2 of the staff tourney. My team was the same as Daze's, except Snarkie got 1600. Does anyone know the rest of the staff scores for the first two rounds? Marketing Maggie's performance was a little lackluster this time; I might consider changing things up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I didn't get to make up as much as I wanted yesterday, and I'm actually behind on where I need to be by the end of today, but I probably won't be able to play today. Hopefully next week will be much better than this one in terms of real life, and I won't be quite so exhausted as I am now. I'd still really like to make All-Star somehow, but if it doesn't happen, at least I'm in the gold trophy range already, and real life comes first (like that nice nap I got yesterday afternoon after having been up with Little P most of the previous night).

For the staff tourney...
My team was:
Senormalo: 1302
Subordinate Prime: 500
Bancha Ninja: 1425
Snarkie: 1600

JN has the Staff Scores here: Staff Tourney

Based on their info, I've changed out only one player - Subordinate Prime for Undutchable. Can't seem to find a good staffer for that second defender position!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
My team did much better this week in the staff tourney than last week, with only one replaced member.

TNT Pop-up wrote wrote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3378 Neopoints!

Lawyerbot: 957
Bancha Ninja: 1425 <--{Replaced Mr. Insane}
El Picklesaur: 1165
Snarkie: 1600
Total: 6757

While there were two players who did better, I'm going to stick with this same lineup for next week as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Maraqua had a clean sweep against DC. :o

That surprised me a little. I am glad my little team is still putting in a good effort. We are tied in 7th.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue wrote:

Good luck with Gherkin!

Haha, I love the name Gherkin for little P! It's so cute!

You can hit "enter" to send the score, and you can tab to "start" and hit "enter" to start the game, so you can leave your mouse hovering over the "restart game" from the score box. It's a little complicated as a pattern (tab tab enter, spacebar, tab enter, tab tab enter, mouse click, repeat) to remember, but it doesn't hurt to do a tab-tab-enter for ending the game, and then it's not so bad.

Thanks for the tip, Blue! It's helping me sneak in a few extra points today, just while waiting for other stuff to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tickled silly that we were FINALLY separated from AL. (And KI was finally separated from TY). I'd've put TY and AL in the same bracket, though, personally. Unless KI manages to have a ridiculous comeback, we should be on the podium!

Now, I've just got to hope this week goes well enough for me to get to All Star. RL has been even more rough than usual this last week.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next