Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

This is getting better, my pet is being put to the challenge. Luckily I picked the side who has the poisoning item so luckily I don't have to face them!

It's 45 wins on mighty to "do your part" I read.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can fight them to a draw on easy now, but I'm going to need luck, better weapons, or more training to be able to beat them.

I did discover something, though. Look at these old NT articles:

http://www.neopets.com/nt/week65/obelisks_article.phtml
http://www.neopets.com/nt/67/obelisk_article.phtml
http://www.neopets.com/nt/66/mysteryob_article.phtml
http://www.neopets.com/nt/68/obeliskhuh_article.phtml
http://www.neopets.com/newnt/index.phtm ... 381&week=1

They talked about obelisks for weeks back when Tyranna was first discovered. They were a really big deal for a while. What could this mean?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There used to be a daily called the obelisk (before my time). I believe I posted a link to an image of it in the "something's coming" locked thread. It was in the middle of main Tyrannia, not on the plateau, and it looked pretty different (though the art has changed, so who knows). The WoMed has (or used to have) a space telling you to go visit the obelisk; it always bugged me. I have no idea what it ever did; that was before my time.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TNT have removed the Poisoned Tipped Dagger from the Nefarious Plotter.

I thought that TNT might have had a *surprise* up their sleeves, and that every opponent had a weapon or attack that put you at a disadvantage. But it seems TNT have backed out of any real battle now.

I would imagine the final wave will be hard but without any real battle challenge, it is slightly a sad event.

**Although I would rather this event, then none, so I am not really complaining. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze, so there's only one wave left? That's very disappointing. If the "do your part" bars really are the participation meter for this war, this has basically become the Moltaran mini-plot all over again (in terms of everyone getting exactly the same prize with minimal effort). Which would be fine if TNT had hyped this as a mini-event, but we haven't had a major event since TFR, and they hyped this thing up as if it were the Next Big Thing. So I'll be a little (let's be honest) very disappointed if it's just a mini-event. If there are only 4 waves, that's actually the same number of opponents as TFR, but without the puzzles.

I really, really hope that there's more than just the next wave. I did enjoy the videos and the story thus far -- quite a lot, actually. So I'm not giving up hope yet. But I want harder battles! At this rate, I needn't have trained nor upgraded my weapons at all since TFR, and I'd have had an easier time here than I did there. Which is sad since this is a war and that was a plot. But it's not over yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ETA: I just had the weirdest thing happen. Grainne was at full health. I handily beat the Conjurer in a timed challenge, 1 hit as usual (they can barely make a dent in my 614 HP). I got another faction challenge and went to fight, and was given the message "This Neopet has no hit points and cannot fight." The only thing I did during/in between the two battles was reprice my shop (no RE's on the SW), and refresh at the obelisk until I got a challenge. Apparently I got a RE that took out all my HP at the obelisk. (I did get one last night during NQ2, where Count Von Roo bit my neck, but that was the first time I'd ever seen that one -- and now to get it twice in ~8 hours? Crazy! Unless there are other ones that do that.) Either way, it's stinky. Thankfully, it's not a timed challenge, and I'm due at the springs in 4min.

ETAA: Grainne is fully healed. Yay!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Daze, so there's only one wave left? That's very disappointing.

Sorry, that is not what I meant. Only that the waves are so far have been easy, so I would hope that when the last wave comes, it will be a challenge.

That was strange about Grainne. Weird things are happening a lot during this event.

I had a faction challenge, completed it, but the 'collect' popup never appeared.

A few days ago I had some of my wins disappear (as did a lot of others on the boards), well it appears TNT gave us back any battles that disappeared, so I had a very uneven scorecard. I like even numbers, so I had to rebattle the 1st and 2nd waves to get even scores across the board. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, no, my second wave is uneven now, too! Yay, more battling? I think that was from when I got sent "back" a challenge, to one I'd already completed. I should probably try to get up to 100/opponent on each tier. That would be another 494 wins across the three tiers...

I'm glad there's (probably) more than one wave left. I figure we've got about 3-4 more waves during this stage of the war (because of when the cask keys expire), and then hopefully we'll have more stages (though I suspect they won't move the AC, so it'll have to be wrapped up by then). If the baddies continue to double in difficulty each wave, I'll be able to beat them on mighty for the next 1-2 waves, and then I'll have to fall back to strong or average. If there are 4 waves left, the last wave could be at ~1300 on average. Yikes! (That would be ~2600 on mighty -- is that strong enough for top battlers? It's no Oblivion, but still.... I only know of one person who beat him, and it didn't even count because it took too long.) I heard that on the current wave, you could fill the bar with 45 wins on any difficulty (or ~200 losses -- and people aren't even trying; they're using a healing potion I to get a single HP and die right away).

ETA: Aaargh! I accidentally clicked "play again" instead of "fight again" after my 100th win against the Minor Warlock. I'm going to leave them uneven (and unround) for now, and fix them during the next wave. If I ever start drawing/losing, I'll need to fight those guys to heal back up, anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
ETA: Aaargh! I accidentally clicked "play again" instead of "fight again" after my 100th win against the Minor Warlock. I'm going to leave them uneven (and unround) for now, and fix them during the next wave. If I ever start drawing/losing, I'll need to fight those guys to heal back up, anyway.

LOL. I did that a few times myself. I got into the mindless click routine: [Fight] - [weapon(s)] - [Fight] - [Play again] repeat ad nauseum. Ah well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

New wave is up! They doubled in difficulty again, so you might get a challenge yet, Daze. I can still beat them in one round (usually; sometimes they have 3-70 HP left if they heal/shield) using KBT + YB + Shhhh. I lost my first battle because I wasn't awake enough to remember that Snowie had blasted me last night before my last heal, and I realized I only had 15 HP after my first round submission (on which I was trying to be ultra-conservative, using Shhhh, Downsize!, and RFFR -- obviously I completely failed). Thankfully the springs gave me a few HP, and I could battle one of the first wave again (I did manage to get rounds 1 and 3 to over-100 each -- round 3 because of faction challenges -- and round 2 to exactly-100 each last night; now I just need to "even up" rounds 1 and 3 at some point).

Achievements:
Fight ALL The Challengers! ...Fight ALL the challengers? *sigh*
Do exactly what it says. Prize: Lesser Healing Scroll
Positively, Naturally, And Really All Around Inconceivable I built up a resistance to being defeated.
Apparently it's win 10 times in a row. I didn't look to see if I'd gotten it for a while, so I suspected it might have been winning on the first round (I didn't realize I'd already won so much, but it makes sense because I checked in the middle of my second faction challenge). Prize: Grey Shield
Reaction to Challengers:
I really like the design on the Shady Prowler and Unyielding Sentinel. The Cunning Mastermind looks awkward; Nimmos just never look right in clothes to me. The Unchained Monster is alright (I like the fact that he's literally unchained), and I can't remember what the Master Wizard looks like because he's scared of me and I've only fought him once.

Professor Lambert's announcement: Ready the war machines! Unleash the Doglefoxes of war! Oh, we didn't bring those? Darn. I really must plan better next time.

NEWS:
JN apparently has found 5 casks... which means there's probably only 1 wave after this (plus perhaps the Monster in the Obelisk?). I can probably handle 1 more wave on Mighty, though I might get some draws. It's disappointing for the awesome battlers, though -- I might be at the 600 boosts, but my HP only matches my boost, there are still 3 boosts above me, and I don't have the top-tier weapons (only 50% healer, 50% freezer, no bomb, and my second is YB -- plus my only abilities are Static Cling and Shhhh). Hopefully TNT will give something hard enough to encourage me to keep training and upgrading my set.

P.S. Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that they changed the faction order on the BD page? It was annoying enough that the BD and Mysterious Outskirts pages had different orders, but for the same page to suddenly switch them up is a bit much. I hope I don't get confused and battle the wrong one while trying to even things up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

This wave.....

I've hit my limit on mighty, I think I will be sticking to weak. I find it annoying how my opponent can use throw pillows 3 times in one battle, seems unfair to me.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, that wasn't a very big jump at all. I can still kill these guys in two turns, and I'm at no real risk of dying unless they use a freezing ability 5 times in a row or something (and I can negate one of those with Shhhh). It is taking me 3-4 turns on average because of all their jade scorchstones, TTs, and freezing potions and abilities, and I do have to pay attention to my health a little bit.

Challenger Quotes:
Professor: Well -- we are come to it. The reckoning. You face the greatest enemies of knowledge. Do not allow them to prevail! (Don't worry; they're not very great.)

Lanie and Lillie: Are you ready yet? ... We're telling Mum that you hit us. ... We don't like your choice of party clothes. ... Who are you? You're not on the guest list. ... If you want an invite to the next party, stop hitting us. ... That's it. Get the lollies ready. We're mad now. ... We're a little busy hosting an obelisk party. Shoo. ... You will pay for that! (Only if your mum is stronger than you are!)

Rasala the Bright (whose design isn't at first glance -- at least not until she starts fighting; her shield is awesome): Oh let's get on with this fight. ... Do you think I became leader of the Order because of my pretty fur? Ha! ... Step aside, and observe a sorceress in her element. ... Release the fireballs! Mwahahahahaha! ... Your attacks do not alarm me. I am a powerful sorceress. ... The Obelisk is MINE! I mean OURS! ... I can't believe you beat me! (Believe it! And apparently the Order is not as altruistic as she made it out to be. Or she's not.)

The Duchess: Are you sure you want to fight? ... Empty threats are not my style. ... I have toppled empires. You don't quite compare. ... This is all part of my plan. ... Poor fool, you have no idea. ... Such a violent manner! I won't have it. ... You will see the consequences of your actions soon enough. ... You only think you're clever, my dear. ... You would threaten a lady? How ungracious. ... You have no idea what I'm capable of. ... You have become quite an annoyance. (Yes, that last one is what she says when defeated! And there's some subtle foreshadowing that opening the obelisk will not be good.)

Kanrik: GRRRRRRR.... I'm not impressed. ... That's not a proper dagger. This is a proper dagger. ... Too slow. ... You only think you can defeat us. The Thieves Guild is everywhere. ... Strength only gets you so far, you know. ... Stealth has its uses, you know. ... Perhaps we could work together. You could -- oh, you're familiar with backstabbing? Fine. ... GRRRRRRR... (Yes, he starts and finishes the same way. And Crocodile Dundee reference FTW! Kanrik is definitely the funniest.)

Commander Flint: Time to fight! ... Plan? Of course I have a plan. Fight, win, get obelisk. Keep it simple. ... I am your DOOOM! ... You'll never get through me. You can just forget about the obelisk. ... Are you a Floud or a fighter? Come on, I'm falling asleep here! ... Keep it coming, pipsqueak. I barely felt that. ... You will not last long the next time we meet! (Longer than you, Commander, longer than you. And that's all that matters.)

(This list makes me wonder how much of the color I missed in earlier rounds from ending the fights too soon. Not that I'm going to extend them to find out!)

Achievements:
Warm Fuzzies: Aw, all the leaders look adorable piled at my feet. Prize: Maractite Pauldrons

I Do Not Think That Is What You Think It Is: Apparently not, because I can't figure this one out yet. It's not completing a faction challenge. I don't think it'd be completing your bar based on the name... Confirmed: doing your part doesn't unlock it. Maybe you have to damage yourself somehow? Or maybe lose a faction challenge? Send an item to someone in a different faction. Prize: Apologetic Bouquet of Flowers

Last edited by Siniri on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I'm good on medium on this round. On hard, I'm pretty much evenly matched, but if they use freezing/negating abilities a few times I'm doomed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I am still doing 1 hit wins on Mighty, unless they use abilities.

Still haven't worked out that 2nd achievement yet. It will probably be a *facepalm* moment when it is found. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's not losing a faction challenge. What about wearing a wearable "weapon" into battle? My pet got zapped Maraquan a few days ago, so I can't test this.

I would think it'd be something difficult, though. It's not beating all of them on mighty 50 times total. Or winning a faction challenge. Maybe it's winning a faction challenge against each (those pesky brutes won't challenge me)? But that's too similar to the first achievement. *sigh*

Oh, and Daze, if you get Shhh, you'll be able to win first round every time. Unless they use their TT, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It's over for me.

I managed to beat Rasala the Bright a few times so far, drew with Lanie and Lillie a couple of times, but got destroyed by the others.

I'm too old for this!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next