Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
For me, its between Thieves and Seekers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Gah, this is a tougher choice than it should be. I agree with the ethics of the Seekers (I'm a hobby librarian and archivist), but the items are all going to be hokey semi-steam punk/da vinci designed tech crap. On the other hand, the Order just wants power...and how buggering cliche can you get with a group of wizards...but their items are all going to be neat-o magic stuffs.

Being an adult sucks sometimes, your higher brain functions get in the way of just going for the neat-o stuff. I'm with the Seekers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I didn't think of it that way, JellySoup! There doesn't seem to be a water/beach-themed group or I'd have gone with that and rationalized it, I'm sure.* But each genre has its fans, so if you really want to trade, I'm sure you'll be able to. Unless the magic stuff is more useful and not just more aesthetically pleasing to you.

*Except I think I picked ninjas over pirates for some reason... Can't remember why, now.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Friday, Feb 22: Editorial 583:

Hi, TNT! Will all the factions be doing the same thing (battling) for this plot, or will some factions (for instance, the Seekers) be solving puzzles and playing games instead of battling?
This is a war, and all sides will be battling for the obelisk. Your experience will not be altered by your faction selection.

I was wondering if, in the plot, Tyrannia was going to compete in the war? I ask because it seems kinda dumb that the obelisk appears in Tyrannia and they don't even care about it; they're just gonna let other people come and fight for it?
Who says they aren't just smart enough to stay away from it? As soon as it was unearthed, the digging crew immediately got as far away from it as they could.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

JellySoup wrote:
Being an adult sucks sometimes, your higher brain functions get in the way of just going for the neat-o stuff.

You said it.

I am now thick with the Thieves.

Could simply be because the gelert looks cooler than the gnorbu, but the choice has been made :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So far we have representatives in everything but the Brute Squad and the Awakened.

I have a feeling Tyrannia may be back to defend what is theirs... I guess since the ability school already opened, the theory that the obelisk would unleash the power of the abilities was mistaken.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I am obviously backing the Seekers in this war effort, though I would honestly be with the Tyrannians if the option was given. It's their land after all, even if it is north of them (from where the original invading force came from...also Jelly World). Can only imagine the headache they are going to have in the next day. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I wish I'd have waited for the Neopedia info to come out before deciding -- I may have selected the Brute Squad instead (I should have known they'd be gentle like their namesake). At least the Seekers seem decent enough, even if they have one of the worst "plots" retconned to them (and I mean that as much about the nonsensical comic, even more so than the actual plot steps -- obnoxious Lillian Fairweather...).

Less than 24 hours to go! Grainne hit the 600 strength and defense boosts yesterday thanks to aggressive training (setting the alarm for the middle of the night), lab luck, and a few faerie quests (once I got rid of the stupid crafting quest that had me blocked for probably a month or more... remember to check the FQ page periodically and not just rely on the SW to tell you when you're on a quest, kids!). She could use a better shield, 100% freezer, 100% healer, and some faerie abilities* (I'm not looking forward to fighting baddies with some of those higher-level ones), but I'm feeling pretty good about where she's at. I do have a small stockpile of thick smoke bombs and jade elixirs if I need them for the most advanced baddies (and access to the shop to buy more), and a larger collection of healing potions (mostly to sell at ridiculously inflated costs :evil:). Now bring on the minions!

*She only has static cling, one of the free ones. Make sure you at least get one of the free ones.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

War has started....check your signup page for a battlesheet and achievements. :)

Lag is without doubt the winner here. I have tried for 30 minutes, and I can't get in. just had my first fight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

This is my first time not only using the new battledome, but using the battledome period in about three years. This new layout is pretty sweet.

In any case, I imagine we're all still unsure about the achievements, yes?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Opponents for the Seekers:
Petty Pilferer (Thieves)
Minor Warlock (Order?)
Rent-a-Brute (Brute Squad)
Amateur Insider (Sway?)
Grumpy Mummy (Awakened)

Loot Drops (just what I got, to give you an idea; I battled everyone on the hardest difficulty, with an even mix of all 5 factions):
Sho Codestone
Weak Bottled Fire Faerie
Yellow Luminous Cask x4 (this is a NC-key-opened item)
Tyrannian Skeith Plushie x2
Stone Muffin x4
Tyrannian Usuki
Tyrannian Acara Plushie
Speak Tyrannian
Zei Codestone
Orn Codestone
Vo Codestone

It looks like only one of the casks counts towards the 15-item limit for the day (unless they increased the cap to 18). Three regular codestones, 1 red codestone, and 1 bottled faerie seems about the same as what it was before -- TNT is trying to hold inflation at bay still.

Achievements:
Dapper 'Dome
A crowning achievement to cap your day and get ahead.

Have your pet wear a hat or wig, and win a battle.
Prize: Neovian Fashion History (which has a nice picture of a tophat on it)

Stick 'Em With the Pointy End.
What if both ends are pointy? WHAT THEN?!?

Equip any item.
Prize: Double Pointed Spear (This made me laugh so hard. Good one, TNT.)

I just got both achievements, but man is the battling glitchy. My KBT + Downsize! + Static Cling only did 3 damage against the weakest opponent; same for BoHD + HCC + SC. Third time was a charm, though: KBT + Leaf Shield + SC = 298 damage. I think he used an ability called Shade to defend, at least the first round, but it said I was the one who used it. *shrugs* There's lag, but not too terrible right now. I heard it was worse earlier.

Oh, nice, there's a "doing your part" meter at the bottom. Sweet, TNT. They also reinstated full health at the end of battles, at least if you win. Makes my stockpile of healing potions worth a little less, but that's okay. I assume losing still costs health, and people will need to heal more than usual still.

ETA: Battling 10 times (2x/faction) seems to fill your meter ~25% of the way (and 20 times looks like halfway), so I think "your part" = 40 battles.

That shade ability seems like it's not a glitch; it shows it blocking air, earth, and light. YLB (physical, air, fire, earth) + Static Cling (light) allows 4 HP damage. HCC (earth, light) + RFFR (air, water) + SC (light) also allowed 4 damage. Apparently they can use it 3 times in a row, even when frozen: First round: HCC + RFFR + SC = 4 as above; second was same weapons but w/ RFFR freeze instead of attack, still 4 damage, last: HCC + SC only = 9 damage (while they were frozen). In a different battle, they only used it on the first round and didn't do anything while they were frozen. I don't know if these are bugs or if the ability really is supposed to work that way. (Note: when they don't use Shade, my weapons all hit them all for high 100's to 200's worth of damage. It's a HUGE difference.) P.S. When it did 3 damage, the baddie's HP were 8. For baddies with 12 HP, the damage is 4 (except for that last turn when they used it while frozen).

ETAA: KBT + YLB + SC = 419 damage. That combo against Shade = 12 (i.e., only one round). Guess I'll just attack full-force from now on to keep it to 1 round fights.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Opponents for Thieves:
Amateur Insider
Minor Warlock
Rent-a-Brute
Assistant Scientist
Grumpy Mummy

Daze is right. Battledome is very slow. But, at least it's not 30 minutes for me.

1st Achievement, Dapper 'Dome: Neovian Fashion History

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, KBT + YB + SC only did 10 damage against the mummy, but he used dehydration potion (which dried up 5 dekazillion water icons) and enchanted combat with shade. Still, 2 rounds is better than 3+.

Ugh, the combo only did 4 damage against the PP this time, even though he used no other defensive weapons. I don't get what Shade does (besides annoy me).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Is it just me, or is my pet healing on each win?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Oh, nice, there's a "doing your part" meter at the bottom. Sweet, TNT. They also reinstated full health at the end of battles, at least if you win. Makes my stockpile of healing potions worth a little less, but that's okay. I assume losing still costs health, and people will need to heal more than usual still.

I'm so hurt you didn't carefully read my entire post, Blue. :P (Sorry, I posted as I battled instead of organizing it better.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next