Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Premium Beta Test - Facebook game, Neopets: Treasure Keepers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Treasure Keepers Closed Beta FAQ

Q. Does signing up guarantee that I'll get to play in the closed beta?
A. Alas, no. To ensure we can read all of the feedback in a timely manner, this round of beta testing will be kept small, so spots are limited.

Q. Will you let me know if I get into the beta?
A. Yep! We'll send you a Neomail letting you know whether or not the Facebook account you signed up with has been granted access to the beta.

Q. Can I sign up for the beta with more than one Facebook account?
A. Sorry, no. Since there are limited spots, we ask that you only sign up with one account.

Q. Once I sign up, can I change which Facebook account I've signed up with?
A. Nope. If you have multiple Facebook accounts, be sure you're signing up with the one you really want to use!

Q. If I do allow you to access my Facebook information, what are you going to do with that information?
A. The only two pieces of Facebook account info we'll store are the account ID (so that we know which Facebook account to give access to) and your name (so that we can display it here after you sign up). This information will be shared with Meteor Games, the game's developer. It will not be stored with your Neopets account information and will be deleted when the closed beta is complete. We won't store, use, or share any other pieces of Facebook account info for the beta.

Q. Meteor Games? Who's that?
A. Meteor Games is the online gaming studio we're working with to develop Treasure Keepers. They make cool Facebook games like Island Paradise. If their name sounds familiar, that's because the company was founded by Adam & Donna, who also founded Neopets back in 1999. We had a reunion with lots of hugs and reminisced about the old days before working together to bring this Neopets game to Facebook!

Q. What happens to my Treasure Keepers shop after closed beta?
A. Because this is a closed beta, there is always the possibility that we'll need to clear all progress during and/or after the testing period. While we don't foresee this happening, there may be bugs or balance issues that require us to start everyone over. Keep an eye out on the beta tester forums (linked at the top of the game) for more information.

Post subject: Re: Premium Beta Test - Facebook game, Neopets: Treasure Kee
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:51 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Got a spot as a beta-tester.

Here is a small sample of what the game is like.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Would I be wrong in thinking this looks like another version of Keyquest? Dice rolling and moving on a board with special squares? I played a game of Keyquest once, and it was very lacking in what should make a game like that work. Feeling uneasy...but at the same time, hyped that Meteor games and Neopets reached such a partnership. :o

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It is not like KQ, not in how it works.

1. You own a shop
2. You accept quests
3. You do an adventure by rolling a die and travelling around a board collecting items (could be any board game style, not just KQ)
4A. Sell the items in your shop
4B. Quest items are returned and a reward given.

The point of the game is to sell items in your shop by accepting quests.

The game is only on FB, so will have no impact on Neo, although some small bonuses may come from playing the FB game (codes that are not yet working have been found to use on Neo).

On a side note: I love KQ. I have done very well out of it. The only problem being quitters. You do not gain anything if the game does not finish. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sound a lot like KQ thus far, where in you collect keys to open something up, getting NP along the way. Long as it's a change of pace, it sounds interesting. And I'll leave my concerns of KQ in another topic, just so I'm not taken off track. ;)

While on this board you travel across with dice, whom are you competing against to get these items for the quest? What happens along the way of you getting to your quest item? BTW, I'm now reminded of a game I own called Battle Hunter, where in you do pretty much the same thing. It had its moments. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jacob wrote:
Sound a lot like KQ thus far, where in you collect keys to open something up, getting NP along the way. Long as it's a change of pace, it sounds interesting. And I'll leave my concerns of KQ in another topic, just so I'm not taken off track. ;)

While on this board you travel across with dice, whom are you competing against to get these items for the quest? What happens along the way of you getting to your quest item? BTW, I'm now reminded of a game I own called Battle Hunter, where in you do pretty much the same thing. It had its moments. :P

Hmm, this is a small game, it is one player like any other FB game - have you played any of the FB games such as Ranch Town, Island Paradise (all from Meteor Games) or Zynga games such as Farmville or Frontierville? Such is this game.

As you can see from my screenies, it is not like Battle Hunter at all (not too sure of the reference you are trying to make).
The quests are in game from the NPC's. The character has a little story to tell and asks you to find the item/s. These items are automatically found while traversing the adventure board. It may take a couple of turns at the same adventure board to get all items. Most squares along the path of the board have an action (pop-up random events), these come under Combat, Reflexes and Puzzle Solving. Each time you win an RE (buy spinning a wheel) you get xp towards that agility.

This is a self-contained game. It is not a game that will appear on Neo, but a Facebook application developed by Meteor Games for Neopets.Com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
I know this is for Premium members, but I decided to try and see the app.

The Facebook page is here, but if you don't have an invite and try to go to the app, this shows up.
Yes, I'm a very stubborn person.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't know if I'll ever fully get used to Neopets wearing clothes. Side comment, I know, but coming up all the same. I'm too Old School I guess. :roll:

Thus far I'm hearing it's a one player game, but if that's the case...why is it going to be on Facebook? It's a social site, which is how Farmville and similar games got so popular and why others usually jump in (like this game?). Is there any feature of the game that's social, and if not, what do you believe they could do to make it more social?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jacob wrote:

Thus far I'm hearing it's a one player game, but if that's the case...why is it going to be on Facebook? It's a social site, which is how Farmville and similar games got so popular and why others usually jump in (like this game?). Is there any feature of the game that's social, and if not, what do you believe they could do to make it more social?

It is exactly like all the other facebook games. o_O (which I have stated more than one :) ) One player means it is not like keyquest where you have to play against another person.

You can play any facebook game by yourself without the need of neighbours, but in such games, the more neighbours you have the more you can get out of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

This game is soon going to be in open beta. Unfortunately, the closed beta testers will lose all progress and everyone will start fresh.
There is also a Treasure Keepers site theme, but I think you have to be a closed beta tester in order to get it.
Closed Beta members: When you receive a code, redeem it here.

Daze wrote:

The quests are in game from the NPC's. The character has a little story to tell and asks you to find the item/s. These items are automatically found while traversing the adventure board. It may take a couple of turns at the same adventure board to get all items. Most squares along the path of the board have an action (pop-up random events), these come under Combat, Reflexes and Puzzle Solving. Each time you win an RE (buy spinning a wheel) you get xp towards that agility.

It sounds almost like Petpet Park (so kiddish, no wonder I only spend a few hours every year to see what's new) and Adventures In Neopia (a real-life board game). PP is like a MMO, and you take requests from NPCs, and in Adventures In Neopia, you roll a die, using ticket cards to perform an action (like Tombola or Poogle Racing) when you land on the spot. You keep earning neopoints until someone gets 5K or more. There are also RE spots that when you land on it, you draw a RE card. Some good, some bad. This game is entirely about luck, there is no skill involved, unless you consider flicking an arrow on a wheel skill.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TK is almost out of Closed Beta, very soon it will be open beta soon, so anyone will be able to play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Treasure Keepers is now in Open Beta!

EDIT: I started playing the game, and it is pretty much like Adventures In Neopia. The only difference is that you own a shop and complete quests. The board game component is like AIN, except 3D. So far, I'm not too impressed, having to refresh my page in order to go through the trap door and to get rid of the Gelert's speech box.

I must say, I do like the fact that you can battle, but not with a wheel. This game is practically all luck.

I'm also assuming that you can invite FB friends to play with you. As with most FB games, you can use FB credits to purchase stuff, like NC. I'm getting so sick of NC now...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmmm...I suppose playing it helps expand the potential content on the NeoDex a little more, but...no. Need to hold off just a little while longer. Focus and all that. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've disallowed all apps on my real Facebook page, so I set up a dummy account to try out TK. It's alright, mostly luck, as DHK said. I do like the (few and far between, once you get past the beginning) free Neopets items they give as reward. (Some are rather nice -- a site theme just for starting, a shop upgrade -- though I'd prefer a gallery one!, 2500 NP, some wearables, etc. You just have to play for a while to get them, so you could probably earn NP faster on Neopets.)

Right now, friends only help you unlock certain levels (you can also buy stuff from your friends' shops, so I suppose they could also help you make certain achievements). If anyone wants to befriend me, send me a PM and I'll tell you my user name.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Question about the site theme: Do you get it when you first try out TK, or can you only get it if you were a Closed Beta tester?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next