Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW PLOT!! The Faeries' Ruin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I have had good luck with the Stone Club (~80k) and an Ice Club (~110k), but both are now somewhat pricey on the TP. I was also clued into the Ylanas Blaster which was a high-level prize from the Return of Sloth plot. If you have 25k prize points left, it's a great deal, but on the TP it is really expensive at 1.4mil.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

^^^ Thanks!! I took a deep breath, withdrew the necessary NPs and got myself a stone club and a leaf shield. Seems to be a much better combo than what I was previously using. I'm now defeating the Brutes with ease. Haven't come across any Furys yet - hoping a wave shows up so I can test out my new items on them!

I was looking into the Ylanas Blaster - do you think it is worth investing in at the moment? I hate to spend so much NPs on Battledome items, since I don't battle, but it's worth it for the plot - and I'll just sell the stuff off afterwards and hope to get as much of my money back as possible :)

Set made by loser1921

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Don't forget about faerie abilities, too. Burrow and sink will both block most of the damage heading your way, so you can hopefully use double attackers with them to take down as much HP as you can. Regeneration/restore/drain life/heal can be used with your remaining power (the best option depends on your and the furies' HP -- this is explained in the weapons recommendations thread, by Cranberry in the third post of the thread; she's also listed several inexpensive weapons by type there, too).

For defense, on the third turn, try using the Downsize! that was awarded in Tier 5. Earthen scorchstone and leaf shield might help if you need to go beyond 3 turns. Obviously, if you have a freezer or bomb, use that early.

I don't have the best weapons (I'm using double Ylana's blasters from TRoS, and the defensive weapons I listed above), but I have been training faithfully between plots, and it makes a world of difference (do try to train right now as much as you can; there's sure to be more battling to come, and you may be able to reach the next boost before the next opponents come). The strength and defense boosts come pretty close together at lower levels:
0 - 0.5
8 - 0.75
13 - 1.0
20 - 1.25
35 - 1.5
55 - 2.0
85 - 2.5
125 - 3.0
200 - 4.5
(These were copied from Cranberry's post; if you have a 6-icon weapon, at strength 0-7, it will only do 3 icons damage, but at strength 55-84, it will do 12 icons. If you have burrow and sink, I'd recommend cranking up your strength first. Because I'm at 200, my double Ylana's blasters mete out 108 icons of damage per turn, or over 150 when I could do a berserk attack and not worry about being killed.)

You may want to hold off buying weapons until after the plot is over (once prices fall back to normal levels), so you'll be ready for the next plot. The same is true for training: if you don't have codestones or dubloons stockpiled, and you won't make it to the next boost (keeping in mind that you can't train a stat beyond 2x level, except for HP) in the next couple of weeks, then wait until prices have fallen again to start training for the next plot.

I am glad to see that once you've exceeded the cap, TNT gives codestones and bottled faeries randomly ever few battles or so. This should help a little to combat typical plot inflation.

ETA: You can look up items on JellyNeo's item database, and then click on their price to see the price history. Ylana's blasters are going for 1.2M; that's a 410,000 NP increase over August. In short, if you buy now, you'll be wasting nearly half a million NP. Other weapons may have inflated less; I'd recommend looking up ones on Cranberry's chart and comparing (and sharing what you learn with others here :)). Of course, doing better in this plot will help you get better prizes (and possibly a new weapon), but I was still able to get 2 blasters from TRoS by doing little battling (though this plot may be more battle-intensive than TRoS was).

I've noticed that the new waves of opponents are coordinated, so we won't get more Furies until all the minions and brutes are gone. This helps with timing when to start refreshing to catch the Furies, so you don't waste quite so much time with the plot.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:52 pm 

A general weapon hint: if you can buy it in the weapon or battle magic shops, it's garbage.

http://idb.finalhit.org has great weapons ratings and recommendations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with Siniri - now is not the best time to be buying weapons. They are always overpriced during wars. Stick with the stone club & leaf shield if they're working for you.

(I also agree with Shapu - shop weapons are generally garbage, unless of course you get REALLY lucky in a restock, but the odds are very much against you)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The plot seems to be going good for me so far, I've given the shadows a good beating with my scuzzys comb and got a few cool random events along the way. How about you guys?

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Battle Updates

13th October 22:36 - The battle has finally come to an end. Though the heroes of Neopia are battered and exhausted from their lengthy fight, the wraiths have been forced into retreat... for now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
I won a Dagger of the Lost Sands from the Better Than You, while getting third place. Also, I am using x_darigan_rocker_x as my battle pet. As you know he's not really strong...

*from a distance* "I am too!"
Yes, you are strong, but not really a good fighter in the Battledome.
"Hmph. Whatever." *pouts*

Anyway, what I was trying to say is, he's not really too good in the Battledome, but right now, I have equipped...

Immense Rubber Axe of Doom
Trumpet Of Deafening
Obsidian Dagger
Scarab Ring
Improved Lightning Beam
Candy Cane Sword
Dagger of the Lost Sands

Also, I'm on a tight budget because I'm saving for a Starry PB and don't have the time to play games. (I use my dailies to earn money. A very painstakingly slow way.) I don't really think that any of my weapons are good.

Unfortunately, the battle has ended. Because this is my first plot I'm actually working on, do you think there is going to be a battle? And if so, what other weapons do you think I should use?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

New chapter is out and new puzzle. This puzzle requires you to sort books in a library, here is a useful guide to the book orders http://www.neopets.com/~Cd

Fearless deeds:
ImageThey're Flying Off the Shelves! Discard all the useless books into the other rooms.
Image Son, I Am Disappoint. Get everything wrong. Easy way to do this is find out which combinations are right and then put them on different shelves.
Image First Time's the Charm. Complete the puzzle in one attempt. Easy way is to use the guide which I posted to help.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ooo a new plot! I haven't been on Neopets, or Pink PT for that matter, for about 2 years now. How long has it been since we had a last plot? I like the artwork in this one!!!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

IDB found some info that there may be more battling in this plot...

IDB wrote:
6 more challengers that we will be battling against in the plot were found! Unfortunately we only have the names and no images but there's more battling ahead :D

Shadow Spectre Minion

Shadow Spectre Destroyer

Shadow Spectre Brute

Shadow Spectre Conqueror

Shadow Spectre Fury

Shadow Spectre Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Blue wrote:
IDB found some info that there may be more battling in this plot...

IDB wrote:
6 more challengers that we will be battling against in the plot were found! Unfortunately we only have the names and no images but there's more battling ahead :D

Shadow Spectre Minion

Shadow Spectre Destroyer

Shadow Spectre Brute

Shadow Spectre Conqueror

Shadow Spectre Fury

Shadow Spectre Zealot

Ooh, they sounds scary. They better not be too difficult.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Domo-HK, yes, there will be more battling -- and the bad guys will get tougher. Did you get some of the items from the various tiers? Downsize! in particular is pretty good. It's 1 use per battle, so I'd recommend you get another defensive weapon. You could consider a second Scarab Ring, Leaf Shield, or Earthen Scorchstone, depending on what Faerie abilities you have; none of them should be *too* expensive, so even if they are overinflated, you won't lose as much as you would trying to buy a better weapon now. You can look them up on IDB (shapu's link) and compare icons to current price to decide what's worth it to you to do a little better in the plot.

Even if you don't want to spend a ton on training, just pick one pet, and train them every time you get enough dubloons (from the Shrine or Buried Treasure) or codestones (from Tombola or Deserted Tomb) -- save any extras you don't need right now in your SDB. And bless that pet with every bottled faerie that comes your way until you get the "good" abilities of each type (see http://idb.finalhit.org/abilities, the good ones are animated -- burrow, sink, drain life, and either restore or regeneration -- they do the same thing -- are the ones I find most useful).

Regarding making Neopoints, there are some games that are ridiculously quick to play and give decent NP -- even just 5 minutes can earn you an extra 10-15k/day (Fashion Fever, Catch-the-Petpet, Kassbasher, Wheel of Slime, any quick sponsor games such as personality quizzes or crowd patrols, and Adver-Video -- which can be played in the background while you're doing other things). I'd also recommend buying 1000 shares of stocks at 15 NP/share every day (easy to find if you go to http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtm ... rgain=true and scan down the current price column), even if you have to take from your bank account to do it. You earn a lot more from stocks than you ever will from the bank, even at the highest interest rate.

After you buy stocks, go look at your portfolio to see if any are ready to sell. I used to sell once they hit 45; now I wait for them to reach 60 (never sell in a panic because they're losing value; at some point, they will climb and you'll be able to make a profit). When considering how many NP I have saved, I add my bank account to my portfolio's current value, since both are a form of savings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I really like this plot. :D

They not only bring back elements that worked in other plots, but they are expanding the story of the world yet again. Not by new content, but by using existing content. High profile characters from previous plots working together? Awesome.

It's a shame life won't let me explore this is much as I want. Will probably look back on this and sigh, but hey, at least I know something awesome was afoot. 8)

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Another cheap (by which I mean 50np!) defensive weapon option is the lair beast tooth shield, which you can win bobbing for apples if you get the Sabre-X quest. It protects against 3 light, 3 fire, and 2 air icons. Compared to the leaf shield (5 earth, 5 water, 3 physical), it's fewer icons, but depending on what weapons the wraiths were using, it could have actually blocked more icons. At any rate, it's worth picking up if you don't have any shield and aren't willing to "splurge" on a better weapon.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next