Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Atlas of the Ancients
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:16 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ah... just for posterity's sake.

Chapter 8 is out; to my knowledge, no plot steps.

Quote:
(It's not bad enough that the plot sucks--the games suck, too.)

The thing about the games is that they aren't even original games made for the plot. It wasn't exactly a thrill to do testing on Space Faerie tokens back in the Sloth plot, but at least it was a unique minigame, made for that particular plot-- and in that case you felt like you were actually contributing something. The fact that this is literally just a re-purposed minigame (I recall playing this exact game before a few times; didn't like it then, don't like it now) is... cheap? I guess? I mean, this whole plot isn't exactly epic (heck, the Altador plot is more epic) and this just makes it feel even more throwaway.

(Even the original Lost Island plot, which is closest in form to this one, had unique challenges to conquer; the deck-cleaning puzzle game, the door lock, the maze and the ship-building aspects... the entire thing was short but it was unique, and entertaining enough for only running... a couple of weeks? It was very short.) All benefit of a doubt I was giving this plot has long since evaporated; this is just a poor showing overall.

My Dinomon needs your help!
Click here to feed him the flesh of the living!
Get your own at Dinomon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently there's a new comic, a new world, and a more involved plot step. I'll post more once I know it (unless someone else beats me to it).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

On the first page of the comic, there are three little frames with this flower key thing. Click the 'middle' one - it's the one with the hand holding the key. You should get the "Mechanical Molla Flower". On the last page of the comic, mouse over the character dudes, and a text in a blue box will pop up in the corner of the comic. Click on that, and I think you go to the game. Send a score over....something, I think either 2000, or 2500 and get the "Deployed Parachute". I scored over 1000 the first time and didn't get anything, and scored 2640 the second time and got the prize, or whatever

Sorry I am not more help. This is probably the least useful pseudo-walkthrough ever.

ETA: So...do you think there will be more? Because if this 'plot' ends now, I think we may have hit a new low.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:49 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've heard that you have to beat all 3 levels of this game. I'm afraid this is the new standard for "plots." Although if you poke around in the new world...
you can find some obsidian to the left of Cog's Tog's. Maybe we need to build something with it along with items we buy there (at Tangor's Workshop)? Not sure if it's part of the plot or not, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Siniri wrote:
you can find some obsidian to the left of Cog's Tog's. Maybe we need to build something with it along with items we buy there (at Tangor's Workshop)? Not sure if it's part of the plot or not, though.

The obsidian appears to be a new daily. I took a piece to Tangor's workshop, and while messing around there got an event that gave me another item "Scrap Metal and Stone". I gave the scrap metal and the obsidian to Tangor, and he gave me back a Dal, which seems to be a new petpet. "Dals are quite friendly, but also have a lot of energy and can often be seen zooming through passages." The image is at http://images.neopets.com/items/dal.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Steampunk World?

Act my age? I am too young to be THAT old!
Member: NTWF (Neopian Times Writer's Forum)
http://ntwriters.proboards.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There are also some cogs you can find on the world page -- a random event (they'll appear near the doors or on the manhole). You can combine them with some obsidian to make an Oop. Or you can combine them with obsidian and scrap metal and rocks to make a Gio.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:54 pm 

Alright, I must have missed something - I have a blank space between the steam horn and the flower key in my plot inventory. What did I miss?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

shapu wrote:
Alright, I must have missed something - I have a blank space between the steam horn and the flower key in my plot inventory. What did I miss?

Have you gotten a score of 1000 on Clara on Ice (i.e., Let it Slide)? You might have to follow the link from chapter 7 of the comic (last panel).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 pm 

Oh yeah!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, this plot reminds me of when I had an idea for a place called Beneathia. And it reminds me of when I suggested that we could get bits of robot and make a new pet. I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about this though.

I like how you can get bits of gears and stuff and make petpets. Maybe if you get enough petpets you can make a neopet? I hope so. Because my idea was that you could find like..heads..torsos..arms..wheels..legs..and other stuff and based on what you found you could make a neopet. And your neopet could be very different from someone elses, because you might have found a certain set of parts that other people haven't found. Like you might have a headA..torsoX..armsW..legsJ..wheelsO..or something. So maybe they could make so many different kinds of pieces and there would be countless ways those could be mixed and matched with one another....Maybe it won't work for neopets though, so they are doing petpets?

Still, if you do watch your neopet load up in customization and if you have a slower computer, you see that your neopet is actually loading in pieces. So if that is all a neopet really is, just a set of pieces that load up in a certain way, then I think this could work and eventually you could build a neopet.

But petpets are ok too. They can come up with all kinds of looks for them.

Oh and I love all the steam punk stuff. In my idea for Beneathia, I never considered steampunk stuff. This is a lot cooler than what I was thinking about. I was thinking about more like rooty looking pets and blind cave fish type looks for pets. But this is a lot better than pale and blind pets.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:43 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

How do you get the item after the flower key?

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

lemonade wrote:
How do you get the item after the flower key?

you get the item after you score 1000 np's in the game "cave glider"

Check out my Gallery
Neo User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Actually you need to socre 2500 in cave glider.

Warped Logic:

If truth if knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are the liars in the world really the good guys?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Making petpets - Tangor's Workshop

This is not a plot step, but a new activity available in Moltara City.

Go to Moltara and find:
Shiny Obsidian, Miscellaneous Gears and Scrap Metal and Stone . Mix the items at Tangor's Workshop to create petpets.

Shiny Obsidian is found by clicking the rock formation on the left/bottom of Moltara City.
Miscellaneous Gears is found by refreshing Moltara City page until it appears in 1 of 8 locations.
Scrap Metal and Stone appears as a Random Event while refreshing the Moltara City page.

This is like a daily and you will be able to try for each piece every day.

Miscellaneous Gears + Shiny Obsidian = Oop

Scrap Metal and Stone + Shiny Obsidian = Dal

Miscellaneous Gears + Scrap Metal and Stone = Ada

Miscellaneous Gears + Scrap Metal and Stone + Shiny Obsidian = Gio

Ada and Gio = Adagio

Oop + Dal = Daloop

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next