Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Operation PetPet Park
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like screenie-ing the solutions won't help. If you mess up too many times, it resets, and the angles are different! :o

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:30 pm 

Pickles wrote:
Looks like screenie-ing the solutions won't help. If you mess up too many times, it resets, and the angles are different! :o

I never noticed that :o Glad I didn't waste my time taking screenies :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

So far, everything is easy peasy :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but once I had the first gem lit up, I moved the opal three spaces and then lit up the second one, then moved the opal 3 more spaces and lit up the third gem. It also seems that the moon moves only to 3 different positions. (Left, middle, or right) in the window. The positions to where the opal must be placed could (should) be the same every time the moon is in that position for each person's puzzle. At least that would be logical. Hope this works out for other people.

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:11 pm 

I added a news post with a link to this topic :) I'll let Brendon update the official guide because I'm afraid I'll mess it up or something xD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Hifflos are quite adorable, aren't they?

Now, on to business: We're beginning to suspect that something may be amiss here. Keep on your toes. As usual, your next mission briefing will appear in the console at left when it is ready.

Another one done. I done it in 4 turns. First one, I wasn't too sure what to do, then the rest just fell into place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Mission 2 complete.

Anyone else think these missions are just way below the level we've come to expect? I mean, I know Snarkie said this was just a quick mini plot to bide time until the launch, but still this was way easy. Or is it just another example to TNT making the site more tween and pre-tween friendly?

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 am 

cybertrini wrote:
Mission 2 complete.

Anyone else think these missions are just way below the level we've come to expect? I mean, I know Snarkie said this was just a quick mini plot to bide time until the launch, but still this was way easy. Or is it just another example to TNT making the site more tween and pre-tween friendly?

TNT's target audience has shifted from 17-22 years old to 5-9 years old :( It seems like they're dumbing everything down to accommodate the younger audience

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Is this bad that it's taking me so long? I don't get it :oops: :oops:

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Siouxper wrote:
cybertrini wrote:
Mission 2 complete.

TNT's target audience has shifted from 17-22 years old to 5-9 years old :( It seems like they're dumbing everything down to accommodate the younger audience

The whole petpet park thing seems targeted to younger audiences, so I expected this mini plot to be easy... Hopefully the next real plot will be a definite challenge.

Katherine wrote:
Is this bad that it's taking me so long? I don't get it :oops: :oops:

Nah, this step took me a while. I couldn't figure out the angles or any sort of pattern, so I just got it with dumb luck...lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Siouxper wrote:
cybertrini wrote:
Mission 2 complete.

I don't really have too much of a problem with that but I really do hope they find a way to strike a better balance.

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siouxper wrote:
I believe TNT made it easy because A) it's a mini-plot, B) it's only available in English, and C) it's not going to give us trophies. It's more of a minor-mini-plot than anything else, so I wouldn't worry that they will continue doing real plots like this. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
People that are having trouble:
You can tip the opal almost on its head in either direction, so its possible that if you are one lit gem short, one of those is necessary to win.
Pull your mouse RIGHT and LEFT, don't try to 'turn' your mouse. I did this at first, and was rather frustrated. :P

Pay attention to the position of the moon. If you cannot find a pattern, try jotting down the moon position, and which opal position lights gems, and what you have tried that doesn't. That way, if you fail, when you next have that moon position, you will know what works, and what doesn't. Name the positions 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, in whatever fashion makes most sense to you. I.e., when you pull the gem fully left, that is 1st position, and the next notch right is 2nd position, and so on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 am 

Hmm.... I'd have gotten lost on the maze one, but I'm glad to see this one was fairly easier. Only had it reset on me once.

EDIT: On a different note... when I first saw the Hifflos, Shin Chan came right to my mind. Rather ugly lil' things if ya ask me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I updated the first post again with info on Mission 2. If anyone has a better explanation for how it works, let me know so I can change it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next