Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Operation PetPet Park
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://www.neopets.com/petpetpark/missions.phtml
It seems to be here. The comic has a link to the Ice Caves (which are very obviously based off of the Mystery Island Plot). Haven't gotten any further than that.

Oh yeah, there are lots of Snow Beasts. LOTS.
EDIT: Here's a guide so far, in case this gets stretched out for a few pages.

Mission 1: Drym Searching in the Ice Caves
Comic
The bar below the comic links you to a special area in the Ice Caves.
Solution: The correct sequence of caves to click is: right, left, left, right, left, right (thanks to digitel_anime_fan_20 and the Neoboards for this one).

Mission 2:Hifflo in Shenkuu
Comic
Move the opal left and/or right, then click the window to see where the moon shines. The goal is to get all three of the gems on the wall lit up by reflecting the moon off of the opal and on to the wall. Right now, the positions the opal has to be in to light up each crystal seem random, so trial-and-error works best for figuring them out.

Mission 3: Pinxy in Faerieland
Comic
Daze wrote:
Go through a portal and use the gadget. Slide the red knob up or down and then click the bottom red button.
The number indicated how close you are, then just readjust the knob to the correct postion.
A minus number, eg -2, means to slide it back down.
The correct position is 0.

Mission 4: Kassegat in Mystery Island
Comic
Choose the following for each of the five obstacles:
1. Fill pit with cheese
2. Hurl insults
3. Dance a jig
4. Jam a toothpick in the mechanism
5. Get hostile
(Thanks to cybertrini for the right steps.)

Mission 5: Oukin in Haunted Woods
Comic
The answers to the riddles are as follows (in spoiler tags in case you want to figure them out yourself first):
1. Gerald
2. Doughnut
3. Harold

Mission 6: Dipnis in Maraqua
Comic
Siouxper wrote:
In the first part, the goal is to make all the lights on the right side light up brightly (not a dull light, but they all have to be bright ones). At the moment, it seems to be trial and error.

In the second part, you must light up all the gems in the center of the 2x2 blocks by putting 4 squares of the same color in that 2x2 section. The symbol on the square doesn't matter, only the color. If the gem lights up, then you are correct; if not, then you need to try a different color in that square.

This petpage lists the values of each of the tiles in the first step: http://www.neopets.com/~Chrisway
(Thanks to Siouxper for the answers to Missions 5 and 6.)

Last edited by Byakuya San on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:28 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: PetPet Park Mini Plot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Same here... I'm running through the caves but can not yet find a pattern to get the portal. Found an entire baseball team's worth of snowbeasts though. Edited to add: OHHH I found something! It might spoiler though...

Ohh... I just found the portal. I've collected lots of shiny shells from Keyquest. I remember the briefing saying that the Dryms liked shiny objects so I put one into my inventory... and found the portal on my next try through the caves. I don't know if that did the trick or not after reading the post below this one.

ImageImage

Last edited by Matrinka on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
somebody posted on the neoboards a pattern that, surprisingly, worked. I'd assumed that it was going to be random, but apparently not!

Steps are: Right, Left, Left, Right, Left, Right
Credit: go_ugly_people30

That has to be the first time the neoboards were actually HELPFUL for a plot. Go figure.
Then again, it could be a great big fluke. xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Good work on retrieving that Drym, Agent.

Although I can't guarantee that all these retrieval missions will be such a walk in the park. Your next mission briefing will appear in the console at left when it is ready.

Quote:
Ohh... I just found the portal. I've collected lots of shiny shells from Keyquest. I remember the briefing saying that the Dryms liked shiny objects so I put one into my inventory... and found the portal.

Nice theory but not needed. The 'puzzle' is very, very easy. Just click a few times and you will find the portal.

Post subject: Re: Operation PetPet Park
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm so glad that wasn't as obnoxious as the MI plot. :)

I updated the first post with a guide, should this go on for a few pages. I'll try to update it as more missions are released, though it depends on how flexible my schedule wants to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
Good work on retrieving that Drym, Agent.

Although I can't guarantee that all these retrieval missions will be such a walk in the park. Your next mission briefing will appear in the console at left when it is ready.

Quote:
Ohh... I just found the portal. I've collected lots of shiny shells from Keyquest. I remember the briefing saying that the Dryms liked shiny objects so I put one into my inventory... and found the portal.

Nice theory but not needed. The 'puzzle' is very, very easy. Just click a few times and you will find the portal.

Ahh well... at least I solved it. Made too too grand in my own mind. I hope the ease of this puzzle isn't a sign of things to come -- an easy plot for the kiddies to do, since people complained about the complexities of some parts of the Sloth plot.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

PPT now has it's own page for the Plot Coverage. You can find it by going here:

Operation Petpet Park Coverage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woo, yeah mini-plot-type-thing! I still prefer the crazy complexness of the Sloth plot, but <shrugs> I'll take what I can get. :D

Nice page, Brendon!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Finished... I bet this will be really (or at least relatively) easy. I saw a commercial on nick about petpet park, and it was definitely targeting younger kids...

The whole "bridging of the two worlds" thing in the comic worries me a bit though. I hope whatever they're planning isn't too drastic...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Stupid stupid question here. I'm tired and apparently I can't see straight or something, but how exactly do we get to the PetPet Park HQ. I did the mission only because of the wonderful link here. When I go to the Park I can only see two places. One has the Who's Who in Petpet Park and the other is the one that says "Grand Opening Celebration" where Weltrude's Toy Chest is---oh and I can also get to "This Week's Game" I'm sure it's some big bright red flashing button, right???

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Trilian8 wrote:
Stupid stupid question here. I'm tired and apparently I can't see straight or something, but how exactly do we get to the PetPet Park HQ. I did the mission only because of the wonderful link here. When I go to the Park I can only see two places. One has the Who's Who in Petpet Park and the other is the one that says "Grand Opening Celebration" where Weltrude's Toy Chest is---oh and I can also get to "This Week's Game" I'm sure it's some big bright red flashing button, right???
There's not a link that I can find aside from the one in the first post here.
For the game, you should be able to click on the big picture of the game to get to it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:10 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pickles wrote:
Trilian8 wrote:
For the game, you should be able to click on the big picture of the game to get to it.

Yeah, got the daily prizes so far, and have done the game, too. Also looked at all the "Who's Who" people and the "How To Draw" and "Neovision". I just thought there maybe something I was missing. Thanks though :)

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

After looking around for quite awhile I managed to get to the HQ by clicking on the paw print right after the words petpet park (above the toy chest area).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pickles wrote:
Trilian8 wrote:

:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Amazing how the Neoboards were actually helpful, eh.

All that being said...I'm not all too pleased with the content of this plot, but whatever...it'll get me some free stuff at the end.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next