Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Neopets Toys at BK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Neopets Toys just came into Burger King yesterday. I got one, and redemed the code on neo. I got a Altador Kite, but it's no trade! Apparently there's diffrent prizes for Canada and the US too. Each toy also comes with stickers, and the box folds into a mini diorama of a Neopian world.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post subject: Re: Neopets Toys at BK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You know, I'm surprised Neo decided to do this through BK this time. They've gone through McDonalds (twice?) before, and it seems like they'd get more business through it. Hmmm.

I'd like to go, but after some complaints on my guild about getting the meal in a normal BK bag (the codes are on special Neopets bags) and having to go complain at the counter, and the workers not knowing what they're talking about.... Yeeeahh no. Not to mention I'm not sure where a BK is around here o.O *looks it up* Kinda far... *ponder*

Edit: XD The Jubjub has an afro. Chomby's cute though! Wish it was yellow, not a big fan of red Chombies...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Every pet comes in four colours, so there's probably a yellow one.

In Canada they come on the box the toy comes in. I guess I can just go and buy all the toys now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed they didn't work with McD's again. I actually would eat at McD's from time to time - not a big BK fan.
Katherine wrote:
Every pet comes in four colours, so there's probably a yellow one.

In Canada they come on the box the toy comes in. I guess I can just go and buy all the toys now.

They're different colors for different pets. I think the BK page shows what's out there.

And lucky that they're on the boxes for yall. Stinks for us that you hafta get a kids meal. Sometimes, fast food restaurants won't let you buy a kids meal if you don't have kids with you. Never did figure that one out, but yeah...

I'm looking forward to the items dropping in price quickly so I can buy some of 'em. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Here are some pictures for you guys: This is the box and This is the Poogle in the box

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:50 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I myself started playing Neo from McD promotion. So, seeing BK come up with the Neo toys, I was very excited because I like BK more than McD, though I rarely go to any of those places now.
So, I went to the nearby BK yesterday, and found that they have not started offering the Neo toys - instead they are giving some Indiana Jones ones. I then went to one BK quite far, and got a Neo toy - unfortunately they did not have the special Neo "Packets", so I did not get the code. Aargh!
Add to that BKs are hard to find, and most kids are already on school, I am more or less certain that this promotion will not be as effective as the last one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yesterday I went to Bk and I got a kid's meal. I got a toy, stickers, a sort of activity book, but no kids meal bag. I guess because I was an adult, they put the meal in an adult bag.

I don't think I'll be buying any more kids meals after this, because I don't want to make a stink over a bag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

They never have anything like that in Engalnd, it's unfair.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I wonder how much the backgrounds will sell for? I really like this one background of a Meridell Stone Wall with a door. I like the rest of the backgrounds too. At first I thought lots of people would be getting these, so the price would be pretty affordable for people wishing to buy some if anyone had extras to sell. But now I am thinking lots of people are experiencing getting no bag with their meal. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I wonder how much the backgrounds will sell for? I really like this one background of a Meridell Stone Wall with a door. I like the rest of the backgrounds too. At first I thought lots of people would be getting these, so the price would be pretty affordable for people wishing to buy some if anyone had extras to sell. But now I am thinking lots of people are experiencing getting no bag with their meal. :(
I'd hold out on it - at least for a little while - the prices of all the BK items are dropping. I think I started seeing the totems on Saturday for like, 250k and now they're running around 12k. I've seen some of the backgrounds drop from 700k to 225k since then as well. The more that are available, the more the prices will drop. After all, it's only technically the 3rd day of the promo. :)

ETA: Looks like the Canada code items either haven't been activated, or just no one from Canada has redeemed 'em yet. There's a lot that are quite similar between the US and Canada versions.
Example:
there is a Faerieland Gazebo Background (US version) Image
and a Faerieland Garden Background (Canada version) Image

Been doing a little price checking (haven't looked at every item, but most), and here's what I've found:
For US code items:
Backgrounds (depending on the one) range from buyable to about 400k -- these are wearable
Books are averaging around 30k
Wooden stuff is pretty buyable (around 15k-30k for a lot of 'em) -- these are wearable
Garlands are pretty much buyable, some as low as 10k -- these are wearable
Crowns are borderline buyable -- these are wearable
Other items...not sure.

smudgeoffudge, you might look at the Meridell Entrance Background, which is the US counterpart to the Meridell Stone Wall

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Canadian Code Items are no trade...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Katherine wrote:
The Canadian Code Items are no trade...

Oh, LOL. :oops: Missed that part in your first post. That would explain it, though! Hopefully they get that fixed soon!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got the toy, but since I didn't get the kid's meal, I didn't get a code. o_o;;
But now I have a White Kougra that can join my plastic Jimmy Neutron. XD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ugh. My local BK is terrible. I got 2 of the exact same toy... and the kid's meal came in bags without codes. Poor planning on everyone's part to put the codes on the bag -- if you bought the toy, that is where the code should be. I'm really disappointed. Fast food isn't my favorite... but I was in a hurry at lunch and figured I'd try again for dinner. Next time, I stick to my diet and make something healthy.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I am not going back to BK, but today I bought a yellow crown that I paid WAY too much for. It isn't a jester hat, but it is pretty good. Eventually I want him to look sort of like this:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next