Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Neohomes 2.0 - Open Beta Has Begun!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 pm 

As many of you have seen on the front page of PPT, TNT will be introducing Neohomes 2.0 soon :o It is currently in closed beta for now, so only a certain number of Premium users will be allowed to test it. If you weren't able to sign up yesterday, TNT may open up more spots a short period of time, so be on the lookout.

Here is the Neohome Tutorial for those who are curious :)

Welcome to the Neohomes tutorial! This guide will take you through the new Neohomes application, so you can get your Neohome just the way you want it! If you forget a step, just click on the Image button to get back to these instructions.

How do I move around in my Neohome?

* Click on any of the four navigation buttons Image inside the Neohome window. If you'd like to centre your Neohome, click on the circle between the arrows.
* To rotate the entire room, click on either of these buttons Image.
* If you'd like to get a closer look at your Neohome, click on either of these Image . There are five levels of zoom magnification to choose from.

TIP: You can only rotate the view of the interior of your Neohome, not the exterior.

How do I view and sort items?

* To sort your various Neohome items, you can either choose the category you want (for example, if you want to see all of your lamps, click the Image in the Storage Shed window), or you can search by keywords using the Search function. For example, if you have a collection of Mystery Island items and you want to find all of them, you'd just type the keywords "Mystery" and "Island" in the "Search" field Image and voilà!
* You can also see all of your Neohome items by clicking Image and scrolling through them in the Storage Shed window.

TIP: Rollover the item to get a quick description of it.

How do I place items?

Placing items with your mouse is easy. All you have to do is click on the item in the Storage Shed window and then drag it into your workspace. Once you have put the item in your Neohome, a small menu will appear that allows you to move the item up, down, or rotate it. Keep in mind, though, that complete Neohomes, Neohome additions, and Neopets cannot be rotated.

TIP: You must be in Edit Mode when adding furniture to your Neohome. Click on Image to enter Edit Mode.

How do I remove items?

To remove an item from your Neohome, simply click on it and drag it back into your Storage Shed.

TIP: Clicking on any item will adjust your Storage Shed list to reflect its state. When an item is usable, it will be in full colour, but when it is not usable in your current view mode, the item will appear greyed out. Items already in use are outlined in blue in your Storage Shed.

How do I preview my Neohome?

You can preview your Neohome to see it just as visitors will by clicking on the Image !

How do I save my work?

Click on the Image to keep the changes that you've made.

TIP: The Image button is only available after you have modified something in your Neohome.

How can I protect my work from others revising it?

The new Neohomes application includes the ability to set PIN protection (a four-digit code that you can select). When PIN protection is turned on, this number must be entered or you cannot save your Neohome.

TIP: Turning on PIN Protection also automatically protects your Storage Shed as well as your Neohome.

How do I get more items?

You can find more items for your Neohome in shops around Neopia. For a quick link to shops that carry items for your Neohome, click on Image to be taken to the Shopping Hub. You can also visit the Neohome shops in the NC Mall for premium home furniture and designs for your walls and floors!

Last edited by Siouxper on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Neohomes 2.0 - Closed Beta Testing has Begun!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Blah, I completely missed the sign up. I will keep watching. :D

Want an invite to premium? Neomail me at Trilussa.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I can't believe I missed this. Oh well. Lets see if we are still suction cupped to the ceiling.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I've been looking at the NeoHome 2.0 images here on PPT and on the Daily Neopets. I like that each of the NeoHomes look different for each world that they inhabit. However, I noticed that there weren't any images for homes in Neopia Central (where my home is built). I hope I don't have to move... I like my little NeoHouse. Sure, there isn't any furniture in it... and I built it pretty slapdash when I first started... but I like it. :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:05 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lee wrote:
I can't believe I missed this. Oh well. Lets see if we are still suction cupped to the ceiling.

Boy I hope not. Every time I try to do something with my neohome I throw in the towel just because I hate that view. It does not do any justice to the furniture pieces you go out of your way to get. A really expensive wardrobe just looks like a little rectangle. I really appreciate the creativity the neohome winners used to make their homes. I don't have the patience that they do. But doesn't it just seem weird to anyone else that 100 stone wardrobes are being used to represent rocks for an indoor pond? Think of what that would look like if you were standing on the floor in that home, hehe.

Those that made it in, please keep us updated!

Want an invite to premium? Neomail me at Trilussa.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jellyneo has pictures:http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?comments=3311

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Freaking sweet! I'm not a hardcore neohomer like some, but I have 6 rooms that are all furnished nicely (well the bathroom is lacking, but what all can you put in there other than a tiny tub, toilet, sink, rug, and mirror?) and I love checking out the spotlight when it comes out. Hopefully this will boost the popularity of neohomes. I remember a while back looking for an active neohome guild and came up with nothing.

I hope they have an option to move your house to another world for a price, without completely demolishing/rebuilding/re-furnituring. I was a little clueless when I first built mine. Main Street in Neopia Central? Boooooooring. The new Altador looks kinda cool. And faerieland looks a bit ridiculous IMO hehe.

I also see that there is some NC mall stuff. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the path TNT is going down again... I accepted the clothes, but these are actual items... Having items unavailable to me no matter how hard I work to raise the np just isn't fair. I hate to open a can of worms, but what if books and weapons are next?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
All I can think of looking at that image from JellyNeo is The Sims :P

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm kinda excited about this, and kinda not. I started my neohome right after they came out, so I have a "4-digit" room number. IE, my room ID number is VERY low. It's one of the things I smile at when I think about how long I've been around Neo.
I'm also concerned about current homes. I'm sure they'll address it, but it looks like at the moment, most of the old furniture is going to become obsolete. My husband spent a long time constructing and furnishing his "castle" (and I helped pick out some of the furniture for it, too), so I'm sure he'll be very disappointed if something happens to it.

As far as the NCMall items....I'm not sure.

I'm remaining neutral at this point, until more info is out by TNT.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The 2.0 version of NeoHomes does remind me of the Sims! I was worried (and still am) about them looking like Webkinz. I can defend my playing of Neopets by saying that I've been playing it for years. Webkinz... I just can't defend that for someone of my age.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

May wrote:
All I can think of looking at that image from JellyNeo is The Sims :P

That's exactly what it looks like. I'm actually excited.

Now what I am interested in, is what happens when the neohomes are converted, or do you think they will leave athe "unconverted" option like they did with some pets.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm 

It appears you will be able to have 2 Neohomes (a version 1 and a version 2) so everything in your current Neohome will be kept intact.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siouxper wrote:
It appears you will be able to have 2 Neohomes (a version 1 and a version 2) so everything in your current Neohome will be kept intact.

That is awesome them! :D

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:41 pm 

Although we are not totally sure if it will remain this way. Because it's still in Beta, TNT may change anything at any time :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
I have a Neohome 2.0. I personally hate it. Perhaps because TNT hasn't given me the option of painting walls (or even building room dividers/second stories) yet. Anyway, one thing that I find cute is I can put my Neopet in there and its Cash Shop items are animated. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next