Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [GAME RELEASE] Leopardy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Game Name: Leopardy
Game Description: Play Leopardy!

Play game
Statistics

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject: Re: [GAME RELEASE] Leopardy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think there should be a low score table. Beat -3500 :P

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 am 

No one will ever beat my score. Mwahahahaha!!!

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

This game should be taken off as it has a highscore limit - this makes it unfair to everyone who can beat the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 am 

Daze wrote:
This game should be taken off as it has a highscore limit - this makes it unfair to everyone who can beat the game.

It depends--do tied scores go to the most recent winner, the first, or do both people get a high score credited to their record?

Either way, you're not really in a position to complain until you can at least tie my score. It's not as easy as getting every question right; you also have to use the daily doubles strategically. If you (or anyone else) scores 33,600, and I'm still the only one who gets a high score point, then it might be time to take it off. So far it looks like no one has even come close to doing that.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:
Daze wrote:

It depends--do tied scores go to the most recent winner, the first, or do both people get a high score credited to their record?

Either way, you're not really in a position to complain until you can at least tie my score. It's not as easy as getting every question right; you also have to use the daily doubles strategically. If you (or anyone else) scores 33,600, and I'm still the only one who gets a high score point, then it might be time to take it off. So far it looks like no one has even come close to doing that.

Quote:
It's mathematically impossible to beat my score. But I guess you can try

Why make such a comment, if anyone else could win?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:41 am 

Daze wrote:

It's not possible to get higher than my score, but it's certainly possible to tie it. If you do, and it doesn't credit you with a win, then it's time to remove the game or change the arcade. So far, it's not an issue because nobody has come close to tying that score.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

theonlysaneone wrote:
Daze wrote:

It's not possible to get higher than my score, but it's certainly possible to tie it. If you do, and it doesn't credit you with a win, then it's time to remove the game. So far, it's not an issue because nobody has come close to tying that score.

There's an issue now. I tied you but I didn't get credited with a win. It says i didn't beat your score.

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:57 pm 

It seems like the arcade should be changed so that everyone who has the highest score in a game gets credited with a win. If you get rid of this one, you also have to get rid of luck-based games like Bubble Cherry that, while nobody has reached the maximum score (470) yet, the chance of getting a game where it's possible to score 420 or higher is so low that the current high score is effectively unbeatable.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:
It seems like the arcade should be changed so that everyone who has the highest score in a game gets credited with a win. If you get rid of this one, you also have to get rid of luck-based games like Bubble Cherry that, while nobody has reached the maximum score (470) yet, the chance of getting a game where it's possible to score 420 or higher is so low that the current high score is effectively unbeatable.

Agreed that the highest score should be recorded for everyone that gets it.

My highscore is beatable in Bubble Cherry, so the point is moot, whereas your highscore is not beatable, 2 different scenerios.

I hope you chose Bubble Cherry as a random game and not to have a go at me. I made the comment about Leopardy because at this point it is unfair. I am not blaming you (although I find your comment a little smug), but all games should be winnable by anyone that can get the highscore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:11 am 

I just got 410 in bubble cherry too, so like blake, shouldn't I technically be credited with a win too?

set by ppt Secret Santa!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Laryxler wrote:
I just got 410 in bubble cherry too, so like blake, shouldn't I technically be credited with a win too?

410 is not the highest score possible on that game. You have to beat the score for a win. I have tied many times on games as well.

Leopardy has a cap on highest possible score, meaning no-one but the first person to get that score gets the win.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:52 am 

Still, i'm recognised on the game page as being 1st place, along with you. Therefore, I should be credited with a high score, along with you.

set by ppt Secret Santa!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:09 pm 

Daze wrote:
I hope you chose Bubble Cherry as a random game and not to have a go at me.

No, I chose it because it's a really good example of a game that has a natural ceiling for a high score. You surely understand how the game's scoring works: you get 10 points for every cherry flower you catch, and you lose 20 for every fly you catch. Each object, cherry or fly, comes out at a certain time, and 47 objects come out in all. I've found the average is about 36 cherries, so assuming perfect gameplay (which isn't too hard), you should score about 360 in each game. All the rest is luck, and it's EXTREMELY rare for a game to even give the opportunity for someone to beat 410 points.

I agree with Laryxler that changing the arcade so that tied scores count towards BOTH peoples' totals is the way to go. It required just as much effort or luck for Laryxler to score 410 as it did you, just as it required as much effort or luck for Blake to get the maximum score in Leopardy as it did me. It shouldn't matter who did it first.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

theonlysaneone wrote:
Daze wrote:
I hope you chose Bubble Cherry as a random game and not to have a go at me.

No, I chose it because it's a really good example of a game that has a natural ceiling for a high score. You surely understand how the game's scoring works: you get 10 points for every cherry flower you catch, and you lose 20 for every fly you catch. Each object, cherry or fly, comes out at a certain time, and 47 objects come out in all. I've found the average is about 36 cherries, so assuming perfect gameplay (which isn't too hard), you should score about 360 in each game. All the rest is luck, and it's EXTREMELY rare for a game to even give the opportunity for someone to beat 410 points.

I agree with Laryxler that changing the arcade so that tied scores count towards BOTH peoples' totals is the way to go. It required just as much effort or luck for Laryxler to score 410 as it did you, just as it required as much effort or luck for Blake to get the maximum score in Leopardy as it did me. It shouldn't matter who did it first.

It's just memorizing the answers. :P

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next