Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Another Endangered Species
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
If it hadn't been cute, the shame would be that such an interesting or strange or powerful or delicate or whatever-adjective-you-like species was dying out. Every species is different, and every one that dies out takes something different with it. It just happens that this time Ella thought their visual aspect was one thing she'd miss.
Personally, I think they're scary little buggers and look kind of like furry pigs, so I think it's a shame that such a paradoxical species(innocent-looking until it "mauls your face off" as MarchingDuck said) is dying out.
3lla wrote:
im an endangered species too XD

The Cumbersome Ella: a loud, landbound bird given to enjoying comic book movies and distributing sand. Only one documented member of the species still surviving; no others are suspected to exist because the Cumbersome Ella is notorious for its lack of shyness.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Moongewl wrote:
3lla wrote:

The Cumbersome Ella: a loud, landbound bird given to enjoying comic book movies and distributing sand. Only one documented member of the species still surviving; no others are suspected to exist because the Cumbersome Ella is notorious for its lack of shyness.

MOONGEWL. <3
I am so going to quote you on that. Bwahahahaha.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I feel that every animal has its place in the ecosystem and we should respect that, no matter how ugly or cute the critter is.

If you consider my 3 favorite animals (flamingos, moose and okapi) you'll find varying degrees of "cuteness". Depends person to person. I like flamingos because I think they're silly and pink but yet very elegant at the same time. Moose are fantastic and large, but often seen a clumsy (which they actually are not). And the blessed Okapi. Another engaged species. I love them so much, but they're a bit like the platypus; they're made of god's left over animal parts.

Set by me!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Moongewl wrote:
If it hadn't been cute, the shame would be that such an interesting or strange or powerful or delicate or whatever-adjective-you-like species was dying out. Every species is different, and every one that dies out takes something different with it. It just happens that this time Ella thought their visual aspect was one thing she'd miss.
Personally, I think they're scary little buggers and look kind of like furry pigs, so I think it's a shame that such a paradoxical species(innocent-looking until it "mauls your face off" as MarchingDuck said) is dying out.
3lla wrote:

oh i am soooooo putting that in my sig <3

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MarchingDuck wrote:
I feel that every animal has its place in the ecosystem and we should respect that, no matter how ugly or cute the critter is.

If you consider my 3 favorite animals (flamingos, moose and okapi) you'll find varying degrees of "cuteness". Depends person to person. I like flamingos because I think they're silly and pink but yet very elegant at the same time. Moose are fantastic and large, but often seen a clumsy (which they actually are not). And the blessed Okapi. Another engaged species. I love them so much, but they're a bit like the platypus; they're made of god's left over animal parts.

Or you know... they evolved to hold a certain niche in the ecosystem and weren't made out of left over anything. Platypus are actually a rather ancient creature and havn't changed much in comparison to most other marsupial mammals. And Okapi are a relative of Giraffes that evolved to live specifically in the treed area.

Unfortunately creatures die out. It does happen naturally, and something like this cancer with the devils... I don't believe it is human caused (at least not from what i've learned about it). It just... sucks a whole heck of a lot. And it'll be a huge blow if they do become extinct because then there won't really be anything to fill the niche left by it and the thylacine.

Flamingos are the devils play thing. I hate them. Having suffered a flamingo attack, I will never ever enjoy looking at them again.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
ahoteinrun wrote:
Flamingos are the devils play thing. I hate them. Having suffered a flamingo attack, I will never ever enjoy looking at them again.

I'm going to sit here and laugh.

(in the general belief there are no Satanic/Any flamingoes in the near few thousand k's)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Christopher wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:

(in the general belief there are no Satanic/Any flamingoes in the near few thousand k's)

I sit and laugh too but I hate the little beasts. Birds in general loathe me. I don't know why but they do. They attack me wherever I go. But that flamingo attack was freaky. It tried to peck off my butt! And it was honking and flapping and being an evil little begger! Crazy bird.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ahoteinrun wrote:
Christopher wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:

I sit and laugh too but I hate the little beasts. Birds in general loathe me. I don't know why but they do. They attack me wherever I go. But that flamingo attack was freaky. It tried to peck off my butt! And it was honking and flapping and being an evil little begger! Crazy bird.

...I'm not going to bother asking what you did to it to make it do that to you.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Byakuya San wrote:

I was sitting on a bench. I kid you not. It just randomly attacked me. I was drawing a koi pond and it took offence apparently to my artistic ability.

I ran away in terror.

It wasn't as bad as the time I was attacked by a rooster when I was 4. And it was trying to gouge me to death with it's spurs. I went running off trying to get rid of it as it tried to slay me (again, I was just walking around my uncles farm). Well if the damn thing didn't chase me right past my dad. And dad kicked it once. Ex Football player + Rooster that is trying to kill your kid = dead rooster.

My uncle was never happier.

When I was in Britain I was attacked by a turkey. Italy it was pigeons... I got pegged by a hawk once out at my farm. yeah. Birds.

Birds hate me.

My own budgies hate me.

Birds.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
*hugs inrun*

I have a fear of birds, especially in large flocks, if it makes you feel any better. And I won't be sending you any pictures of birds in the future on any adventures I may go on. :)

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

May wrote:
*hugs inrun*

I have a fear of birds, especially in large flocks, if it makes you feel any better. And I won't be sending you any pictures of birds in the future on any adventures I may go on. :)

Haha, I read that then looked at the Location. Then laughed histerically for some unknown reason

I dont think i've ever heard of someone being attacked by birds that much. :hug: I always knew flamingoes looked kinda mean...

Awesome set by Tomatie

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

wow Inrun, I'm the opposite. birds love me.

however I think bats are wretched, horrible, rabies ridden creatures of the devil.

Set by me!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ahoteinrun wrote:

I was sitting on a bench...

Birds.[/quote]
Oh. Okay.

I'm kind of the same way with dogs. When I was six, I noticed the veins in my wrist for the first time and thought they were pawprints from a dog that had jumped on me the day before and I was TERRIFIED to go near any more dogs for weeks after that.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

MarchingDuck wrote:
wow Inrun, I'm the opposite. birds love me.

however I think bats are wretched, horrible, rabies ridden creatures of the devil.

if anything i adore bats <3
Such cute little winged creatures they are :P

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I love birds. Except for pigeons when they follow you >_> And yeah, i'd have to say I love bats too XD

I don't exist. omo

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2