Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: PPT Phishing Alert!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Warning: the new user "plushiegallery" has been sending PM's and posting messages offering to give away stuff from his gallery; instead, he links you to a fake log-in page, where he will steal your account. It's possible he'll try the same under other usernames. Be careful out there, PPTers!

P.S. I've forwarded the PM I got to several mods, but they're all off-line at the moment.

Here's a picture of the PM I got -- note the actual url for the link in the lower left-hand corner vs. the pretend URL in the message:
CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

MayEdit: Please keep images less than 500 pixels wide. I have changed your image to a link :)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: PPT Phishing Alert!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:06 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Siniri wrote:
Warning: the new user "plushiegallery" has been sending PM's and posting messages offering to give away stuff from his gallery; instead, he links you to a fake log-in page, where he will steal your account. It's possible he'll try the same under other usernames. Be careful out there, PPTers!

P.S. I've forwarded the PM I got to several mods, but they're all off-line at the moment.

Here's a picture of the PM I got -- note the actual url for the link in the lower left-hand corner vs. the pretend URL in the message:
CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

Yeah. As I said earlier, this person also sent me PMs exactly the same as above but I deleted them. After seeing other people receiving such messages, I should have reported him instead but you did the honours. Thanks! :)

Warning: DON'T use incorrect grammar or else you'll find someone knocking on your door!
Old username: mrshemment
New username: darkness_40 - Feel free to neomail me!

Want to take a blond test? click here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I reported this too, but I'm really worried now because there's this new fake login scam on another website that takes your cookies when you click the link, and it doesn't matter if you fall for the page or not. :/

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tymaporer wrote:
I reported this too, but I'm really worried now because there's this new fake login scam on another website that takes your cookies when you click the link, and it doesn't matter if you fall for the page or not. :/

If anyone's concerned that about this, please take some time and change any passwords you might have had in your cookies now. Then you won't need to worry about losing anything.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:48 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cookie grabbing is the reason why I didn't even click on that link. I neomailed the person in the links that the scammer posted. They put a warning message up on their lookup and gallery now.

Edit: Typo :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Kaebel. I didn't even go to the gallery because I thought it might be the same person's, and I know in the past people have found ways around TNT's security measures.

Never click a link if you're not sure it's safe. And like Pickles said, if you're worried, change your passwords (and not just your Neopets one -- I'd care more about someone hacking my e-mail account than my Neopets one).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mod staff is well aware and it is being dealt with.

Promise.

Locking this as there is a discussion about it in Site Disc.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]