Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare is here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:38 pm 

First Try: 642

Having only 14 rounds makes this a really hard game.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:46 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

metalmario: it somehow sounds you're indicating that *I* am a silly neoboarder? :P I'm not - I hate them as much as you do. I haven't set my foot/IP on the boards for I don't know how long. I got all the is-it-glitch-abuse info from my guild.
But yeah, I too believe it's not against any rules, especially as the cheat worked exactly in the same way last year (apparently).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Had to go with Abigail today. I can't even get to 250 on this game.

On another note, this game isn't too difficult to get 1000 nps on, so maybe I'll add it to my faves list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

munduses wrote:
metalmario: it somehow sounds you're indicating that *I* am a silly neoboarder? :P I'm not - I hate them as much as you do. I haven't set my foot/IP on the boards for I don't know how long. I got all the is-it-glitch-abuse info from my guild.
But yeah, I too believe it's not against any rules, especially as the cheat worked exactly in the same way last year (apparently).

Oh no of course not! It was directed at what Meer mentioned. I'm probably just jumping to conclusions, but I've just noticed every time I go to the help board there's always some random 2monther who's constantly calling someone else out on cheating when in reality they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Sorry!
As for your "glitch" I'm sure it's fine. Taking advantage of a glitch usually means for stuff that isn't working like it usually does: unlimited tombola spins for example. If something's programed into the game (like a random time bonus) it should be fine :)

Does anybody know if the 3rd prize might be better than the 2nd prize? It takes more skill to eventually beat AAA on every game than to just beat Abigail 29 times and AAA once during the release day right? Spring break is next week so I could try for Kiko Match and Meepit Juice Break during that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Finally.... 719 (from 383)....

Turns out that the "Est. Value" of Colourful Kiko Candy Basket is only 800 NP..... :P

Not much I can offer though, just the old 'turn off the animations', and ignore the timer.... and luck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

metalmario wrote:
Oh no of course not! It was directed at what Meer mentioned. I'm probably just jumping to conclusions, but I've just noticed every time I go to the help board there's always some random 2monther who's constantly calling someone else out on cheating when in reality they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Sorry!
As for your "glitch" I'm sure it's fine. Taking advantage of a glitch usually means for stuff that isn't working like it usually does: unlimited tombola spins for example. If something's programed into the game (like a random time bonus) it should be fine :)

Does anybody know if the 3rd prize might be better than the 2nd prize? It takes more skill to eventually beat AAA on every game than to just beat Abigail 29 times and AAA once during the release day right? Spring break is next week so I could try for Kiko Match and Meepit Juice Break during that.

Oh ok, sorry! :)
As far as the prizes go, I checked the current value of last year's prizes, and the third prize (Megasuperb) is indeed an unbuyable and goes for ~120k, whereas the Uberrific/second prize goes for 15k. So at least last year the third prize was better. This year, with the wearables and all, the second prize may be worth more though... well I dunno.
And of course, you may have meant something completely different with "better". I'm just thinking about money all the time, sorry :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:08 am 

munduses wrote:
I don't know what happened or how I did it, but I did it. Just got 710 points :D
Seemingly the ineedmoretime-cheat is either a) glitch or b) meant to be random. Because it gives you 15 to 200/300+ seconds extra. I wrote the cheat in the very beginning of level 12 and got about 220 seconds more, and the final score I got from level 12 was around 350 points. That got me straight to 710 points. Could never have done it without that weird cheat.
AAA 5/5.

People have been reporting this to TNT though, as nobody really knows if it's a glitch or not.

I got over 1200 points from using ineedmoretime. I really hope it wasn't a glitch, but I waited until the clock was down to where you can get a bronze trophy. I didn't cheat at all, but it's being reviewed, and I'm not sure what TNT will think of it.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

munduses wrote:
And of course, you may have meant something completely different with "better". I'm just thinking about money all the time, sorry :P

Pfff, money of course :P lol. But last year's was a little weird, since I know at least 2nd prize was restocked at some shop so that probably affected its value.
I guess I'll just send an Abigail score today, and hope to beat it later. That way I have a backup...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

AAAAAAUGH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING

I was actually doing quite well on this one game, and for some infathomable reason Firefox decides to stall on me. It's the ONLY program I have running, ferpetessake!! Before the stall, 179 seconds left. Next screen I see, after the stall? Game Over!

*kicks Firefox*

*kicks Kiko Match II*

*kicks every Kiko in sight*

And beating 700 points on Kiko Match? Well, apparently it can be done if there are people with high scores of over 1600 on it, but heck if I know how they do it. Extreme luck or clairvoyance is all I can figure. Gah. And I had my heart set on beating all of AAA's scores on launch day this month, but I don't know if I can beat 700 by tonight. Darnits, I don't WANT the second best prize!! And if this turns out to be the only game I can't beat AAA's score on - ONE game out of thirty-one that I miss - I'm gonna be REALLY steamed.

EDIT: Finally just gave up and submitted a score for Abigail. Kills me that I beat my own personal best at this game (377 before, 464 today) and it STILL wasn't good enough, though. :cry:

Last edited by Rakumel on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:16 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
Finally, after all day, I managed to get it. Still on track for Ultimate. Still on track for Ultimate.
Actually, I'd managed to 750-some once a few hours ago, but it said there was some error and it wasn't going to send my score and to close and re-load the window. That was quite irritating.

I wonder when we'll get another part of the story, maybe every week?

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I had to give up and go with Abigail. It was that or keep playing the game until I finally got 700... and the thought of any more kiko match was horrible. I HATE this game. I am sad because I was hoping to get AAA on launch day for every game. This was too much. Congrats to everyone who has a brain that works correctly and can actually play this!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm so frustrated... between trying to beat kiko all day, and then the plot tonight... the last try I got 601. I'm so disgusted that I'm going to have to give up and accept Abby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

One other trick I've read is to name the faces and then write them down/draw in the later levels. (For example, there's a mopey blue face, angry navy face, hurt peach face -- so you can name them with letters (mb, an, hp) or draw the corresponding emoticon -- whatever works for you. Then you can write a letter for the background color, and you should be able to write half the cards pretty quickly. Then it's just matching on paper.

I've tried this, but I'm not consistent enough in my naming of the cards. With practice, it could go pretty quickly (especially if you make screenies of all the faces). I hope the "ineedmoretime" cheat helps me. I also still need Meepit Juice Break (I keep losing with 20 points left to go) and Itchy Invasion (need 350 points to go) -- I can't shoot enough and keep my ammo loaded.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

0_o

Got 1501 points, and earned myself a new avatar...

Anyway, AAA's prize is Lava Fountain Toy, a toy, and yet another wearable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Bleh, I want books, not wearables.

Anyway, my Volcano Run II highscore is 890, so I'm quite positive I can beat AAA with a bit of hard work.

EDIT: Yay, got it. AAA 6/6.

Last edited by munduses on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next