Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: shockwave games
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:37 pm 

I keep trying to play the shockwave games but none of them are loading. Not even the page. I just get a white page that has nothing on it. It's a problem I'm having on both I.E. and Firefox. I've tried reinstalling shockwave, reinstalling I.E. and Firefox. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: shockwave games
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:53 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I've been having exactly the same problem with 'Attack of the Slorgs' (I can't remember which other games are Shockwave but when I tried to play it yesterday it just wouldn't work for some strange reason). I use the Internet Explorer that came with this Computer... -prods- I just figured that Shockwave games didn't like Vista or something. Or at least the ones on Neopets. ^^;; I haven't tried re-installing anything as I'm not completely sure how to do it... the only thing I know about my Shockwave is that I recently updated it from the Adobe Website... a few months ago now I believe but that's still recent for me. ^^;; -doesn't update things as much as she should-

I'm sorta glad that it's not just me. -_- I tried Refreshing the window to no avail... sigh. -prods- I'd welcome any suggestions too. ^^;;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:29 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yep, they are broken for me as well. I tried in FF, IE, and opera, and tried re-installing shockwave, none worked.

A real bummer because The Return of the Return of Dr.Sloth is one of my favorite games and I miss playing it every day. :(

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Glad to know it's not just my computer .. I tried to play the last smilie game and all I got was a blank game window o_O
Hopefully TNT will get it fixed .. that is if anyone has bothered to send in a bug report about it. I didn't because I just figured it was my computer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:24 am 

It looks like it's fixed now. I'm really glad I wasn't the only one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Really? Because they're still not working for me...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 am 

The shockwave games load for me, but only after my firewall queries me. They've only started doing that in the last few days, I'm sure, because I know I've played Frumball recently without it happening.

The event log on the firewall (Comodo Pro) lists it as 'suspicious application behavior' and under Details it says (simplified) 'Shockwave 10/SwHelper_1030024.exe has tried to use IEXPLORE.EXE through OLE automation, which can be used to hijack other applications'.

I doubt neo is trying to hijack anything, but they seem to included some new iffy code in the shockwave game loading process. My firewall doesn't like it, maybe there's a browser setting that forbids it too, or even Windows' wonky little native firewall could be blocking it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]