Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: TNT tweaking the site
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I hope it's temporary, too. I really miss the navbar! It is MUCH easier to recognize pictures than strings of words when clicking around the site.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:41 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
^ I agree. Already I've had to go looking for the Battledome, Safety Deposit Box, and Bank links. It's only a few seconds to find them, but I knew where they were before, then they went to text? Why they changed it to text links like that I have no clue, it made it much more cluttered than it was.

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:50 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Quote:
I love that they're trying to update the little things, but I really wish they'd get around to the big things, like opening the pound and updating the Battledome.

Yes pound, no battledome. I'm sorry, but everytime they update things, they just make it worse.

I hate the new text links. Not as bad as I hated the whole site revamp, but still. I can't find anything anymore. Anyone know a css based way to add an image to a page? lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
smudgeoffudge wrote:
I miss the toolbar already.

Me too :(

I found the picture banner so much easier to navigate. I guess I'll get used to it... just in time for TNT to change it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Uck. I didn't think it would bother me, but I clicked over to check it out, and it's so dull-looking. It's a three-row list of text links instead of one bar. Now, I'd be the first to say there were too many items ON the bar, but I think redesigning the bar would've made more sense. Removing useless links like the Price Changes was a step in the right direction--recategorizing other links would've been another. For instance, why not categorize the Battledome, Neohomes, and Guilds as part of Pet Central? They really don't have much to do with "Shops." Perhaps a link to Neohomes could go in the "Jump To" links as well, and they could ditch the Neopets Tool Bar, Neopets Mobile, and Disney Dreams links that are currently in that list. As stupid as it sounds, three rows of text links make it a lot harder to find things than even a redesigned bar would. I can understand the desire to change the bar--to make old parts of the site mesh with the new look--but the text links just don't do it for me.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ARGH. It's hideous.
Yellow bar > Text.

I agree wih Moongewl and smudgeoffudge. Redesigning it would be so much better than making this and making everyone confused because they don't know where stuff is. Yay. *sarcasm*
Grr.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

UGH I can't stand the way all that text looks at the top of the page .. it's way too cluttered .. if they were going for simple or streamline then they really missed the mark! Personaly I found nothing wrong with the old toolbar.

There are other things on this site that should be taken care of before the mess with the toolbar ... pound (as said before) how about making sure all the neohome/garden items actually work! Perhaps tweaking the games high score/trophy system so obvious cheaters don't make the list or get trophies.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:23 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I really miss the bar! It was cute. And so much easier to just click on the pictures then read all that cluttered text. It just looks a horrible mess. D=

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm adding in my dislike of the new text links, just in case TNT are trolling these boards. Its so cluttered and difficult to find what I want. I liked the navbar. I hope they bring it back... sooner rather than later.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
I'm adding in my dislike of the new text links, just in case TNT are trolling these boards. Its so cluttered and difficult to find what I want. I liked the navbar. I hope they bring it back... sooner rather than later.

Do they lurk the PPT Forums? :o I never knew! >.<

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

They definately used to. Adam would occassionally post iirc. And a couple of times, issues we raised were addressed not long after we brough them up, with a little hint at us etc. That was back in the "good ol' days" though :P Been a while since anyone from TNT posted here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Phlameseeker wrote:
They definately used to. Adam would occassionally post iirc. And a couple of times, issues we raised were addressed not long after we brough them up, with a little hint at us etc. That was back in the "good ol' days" though :P Been a while since anyone from TNT posted here.

Wow cool. I knew about the hidden stuffage like the description of the pink poogle toy item was changed but I didn't know they posted.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:54 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Just a quick note on the menu bar that's now text. I hope it is a temporary thing but not replaced by anything. MOST (but not all) of the links can be found under the drop down menus. Any of the links that are nice to have around (SDB & battledome in my opinion) should get added under one of the drop down menus. So really with most of the links already under the menus there's no reason for a bar and i found it odd looking and cluttered with the bar there along with the new site style.

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I personally miss the navbar. It just seemed easier, but I'll get used to it.

Set by Byakuya'<3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2