Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quickest way to get to 2 Million?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've been stuck with about 1 million for an awfully long time now, and I'm looking for advice as to what to invest in, to quickly make it into 2 million.

This is my bank balance:

Current Balance : 1,318,945 NP

It took me my whole life in Neopets trying to get it up this high.

What should I invest in, generally speaking, to make fast cash?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Quickest way to get to 2 Million?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Probably stock market. I'm not an expert, but I have made quite a bit from it :)

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Helena wrote:
Probably stock market. I'm not an expert, but I have made quite a bit from it :)

Hm, yeah; I've got a little bit invested in the stocks right now... Spent 30K, and it's currently worth about 7K, haha. I'm not too good with stocks.

Any other ideas?

... Or anyone got any recommended stocks?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

There aren't good or bad stocks. Restock is the main thing. Upgrade your shop, get lots of different stock then sell it all for a nice profit! Worked for me.

Visit twinskiesnavigator.com and themeteorites.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Oops wrote:
There aren't good or bad stocks. Restock is the main thing. Upgrade your shop, get lots of different stock then sell it all for a nice profit! Worked for me.

My shop is currently size 20, because I've been trying to get into restocking for a little while.

I can't restock in the main shops, which is a pain, though. So I have to snipe, which takes considerably longer than buying from the main shops.

Faeries, Dubloons, Codestones are the main items I restock; but I'm never sure what price I should be buying them for.. Any ideas? This is what I buy them for at the moment:

6400 - Mau Codestone
7300 - Tai-Kai Codestone
9000 - Lu Codestone
6500 - Vo Codestone
9600 - Eo Codestone
9800 - Main Codestone
9100 - Zei Codestone
9800 - Orn Codestone
5900 - Har Codestone
3800 - Bri Codestone

Of course, I gave it a bit of leeway as I won't always be able to snipe them for that price.

I've found that the trades are a good place to get codestones and faeries cheap, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

If you want to earn NP, but don't have a lot of time to spend on it, games are the easiest way. Even if you play only 1 game a day, that's 1000 x 3 x 365 = 1.095.000. Let's say you play 3 games a day, then you'll have 1M in 3-4 months

Stocks are another easy way, but they take some time and a lot of investment. The easy thing to do is look for any stocks around 15 and buy 1k of it every day, sit tight for a couple of months and sell them at a higher price (usually it's good to start with 30 as a selling point, you'll double your money and get your investment back quicker, so you can buy more stocks again). This will also take somewhere between 2-4 months, depending how the stock market goes..

If you want even faster money, restocking is the way to go. Try to get the rarer items for more profit. It's a lot of work and a lot harder than the methods above, but it pays off quicker.

And as always: "there's no such things as quick money. Nothing is free, you have to work for what you want, etc etc"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:48 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, I'm home educated; so I have as much time in the world.

From what I've heard, restocking is the best way to go. I absolutely suck at Stocks; I get angsty as soon as it gets to 19NP, and sell it straight away, in case it goes down again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Stocks require patience - best way is to set yourself a sell point, the minimum you will sell your stocks at. Then, each day spend 15-17k on 1000 of a single stock, always buy in the 15-17 range when you are starting. I started when i had around 1mil, i'm up to 3mil now, with a Draik transmog, mara pb etc.

I have to say though, most of my np came from games. Find yourself a few games with decent NP ratios that you enjoy, or at least dont mind playing, and find what the best you can get on each is. Then allow a bit of leeway, without selling yourself short. My games are Kass Basher (easy 3k), Skies Over Meridell and Zurroball (easy enough - 250 on each gets you 6k), Meerca Chase, Web Of Vernax (1500 for 1k np), and Ultimate Bullseye, and theres plenty others out there. Work out what you can earn from your list of games, and set yourself the time to reach that each day. Mine is 20k - 15k for stocks, and the rest for spending money :P

I also used to restock, but the one shop i was decent in became unprofitable since i was last here :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I agree 100% with anybody who mentioned buying stocks. Buy 1000 shares everyday at 15 and you will make millions. Now is a perfect time to start buying because the neo average is quite low.
For more information on the stockmarket vistit http://www.neodaq.com/. They also have a ton of money making tips.

*Spring forward, Fall back*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Buy at 15, sell at 30. Stocks almost never go bankrupt, so it's just a matter of patience and diversity--buy 1000 shares every day, and try to buy as many different stocks as possible.
...It's also a good way to keep from spending your Neopoints. I'm an impulsive buyer.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

If you can manage to spend 15000-16000 NPs daily, stocks is the answer. I did some research for the whole of year 2007, and found that if you buy stocks at minimum price and sell them at a set value of x, how much profit you would make:
x......Profit (NP).......shares...........remaining Value
........during yr........remaining........as on 1.1.2008
Each day I took the opening price as standard buying/selling price, and while buying if there were multiple stocks priced at 15 NP, I bought each of them equally (so they sum up to 1,000).

The problem with selling codestones are that lots of people are doing that, so you can atmost make 100-200 np profit/codestone, and then also there is a chance of getting yourself burned. Unless you have a bigger shop, and can direct non-shop wiz traffic, there isn't much to gain.
Sniping/auction sniping is good - but you have to have fast connection and good luck.

You are better off trying other alternatives like hoarding, supplying, auctioning, etc. All have specialized techniques, but there are websites which can help you on this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 am 

If you want a "quick" way, I do not recommend stocks. Only after a few months of investing will you start to see profits. If you do decide to invest in stocks, I recommend you read this guide: http://neopets.com/~stepchild

Every day, I spend about 15 minutes playing (4) games, earning about 10k NP in the process. That works out to 300k NP a month. Since you have plenty of time to play Neopets, you can earn far more than 10k NP per day from games. Choice of games is very important, however. Some games can earn you 500-1000NP in less than a minute, while others require you to play for 5-10 minutes just to earn a couple hundred NP.

With the right strategy and an aged account, you can make lots of NP from Food Club.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

My account is worth about 15-16m in liquid np/items, and I did it without ever restocking or buying stocks.

I wholeheartedly recommend games. Seriously. Last summer I was making 30k in about 10 minutes on my lunch break. Then they changed a lot of the np ratios, but that's beside the point. Just pick 12 games that you are good at/give good returns for the time you spend on them and put them in your games favorites list. For example, my favorites and what I get from them:

Advervideo ~2000np (random, 5 tries)
Wheel of Slime ~600np (random, try to spin twice/day)
Fashion Fever 900np (no effort)
Crowd Patrol 1341np (crowd patrol sponsor games rock, keep an eye out for different versions TNT releases, always)
Splat-a-Sloth ~1200np (depending on your reflexes/connection)
Whack-a-Kass Kass Basher 3000np
Bouncy Supreme 3000np (hard if you've never played, but once you've got it it goes really fast)
Meerca Chase ~1200np
Ultimate Bullseye ~600np

And then everybody and their mom is good at Turmac Roll, except me. Hassee Bounce, Faerie Bubbles, Destruct-o-match are all popular favorites, but I tend to think they take too long for the NP you get in return...

As for the Codestone thing, don't bother with the 200np profit thing. If you want to go with Codestones, try the auctions. So many clueless new people will put up a random Codestone (say worth 9k) for 5k with a minimum increment of 2k. If you bid 7k, the next person has to bid 9k (since there is no profit, they likely will not and you win a 9k codestone for 7k!). It's just a matter of finding those auctions before people with similar goals beat you to them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Can anyone recommend items I should be restocking?

I'm sniping from the wizard right now, and my shop sells Battledome/Training supplies, what should I be trading in?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]